First team view...really annoying problem

Cant get the reserves and youth team players out of my first team view, have tried everything I can think of. It gets really annoying trying to select your team and having to trawl thru every player you have instead of just the first team squad. I have tried unticking reserves and youth team in the filters but those options seem to have vanished. All players are still in their own team views also so I really dont get this at all. Its FM2010 v10.3.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I hope its not yet another bug due to a rushed patch...

Probably wouldn't make a difference, but have you declined to enter your reserve and youth teams into their leagues?

Sounds a bit weird if the options to untick reserve and youth team in the filter section has 'vanished'.

Probably wouldn't make a difference, but have you declined to enter your reserve and youth teams into their leagues?

Sounds a bit weird if the options to untick reserve and youth team in the filter section has 'vanished'.

Hasn't even come to that point yet, still in the first few friendly games. I just started it yesterday, saved it, came back today and all my players were in the first team view. I've never seen it before either but the option seriously has vanished.

Are you using a third-party skin?

Have the filters (First Team, Reserve Team, Youth Team) disappeared? I had a problem like this on 10.2 where some filters disappeared from the squad screen. I can't remember if it was the squad filters or the position filters but anyway, after updating to 10.3 it was fixed.

A long shot but have you tried turning off skin cache to see if that cures the problem?

No 3rd party skins. Havent changed a thing since my last game other than the patch of course.

Just tried turning skin cache off anyway but no luck,cheers anyway. Its a small problem but one that makes me want to stop playing the game in annoyance.

Along the top do you have the tabs for "Team Name", "Reserves" & "U18/Youth team"

Also when you open the filter on the top right are there tick boxes for "Main Squad", "Reserves" & "U18/Youth team"

EDIT

They also stay in your main team view if they are selected in a squad but you probably already know that.

Have you tried actually clearing the cache? It helped me out when I had a similar problem.

How to delete your cache files

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders. Go to My Computer and at the top select 'Tools' then 'Folder Options'. Then go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows XP:

1. Open 'My Computer'

2. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\

3. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

4. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Windows Vista:

1. Click 'Start'

2. Click your username on the Start Menu

3. Click on 'AppData' and then 'Roaming'

4. Go into the 'Sports Interactive' folder

5. Delete any 'Football Manager' folder

Mac OSX

1. Open Finder

2. Select <User>

3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive

4. Remove any “Football Manager” Folder

Windows 7 method is similar to Vista, but I've never had to do it since installing Windows 7. This is in one of the sticky posts in the Technical or Editors forum but you might have to scroll down the thread a fair bit.

Archived