i think the way the game is set up in terms of players not going beyond their perceived potential or not getting near it, is infact, imho the biggest thing which makes the game too easy.

what i mean is, for example, if a player comes through your youth academy, you can instantly tell from their reports how good they are gonna be...or indeed, not. the same for if you scout a player. if they arent up to the standard you're looking for, they never get better than what they are predicted, only maybe may not quite reach that level.

to sum up what i mean, its too easy for human managers to cherry pick the players for the future, as there are no real surprises with how players turn out. its the biggest factor of what makes FM as 'easy' as what it is, in the sense of over a period of time. it means theres no 'wasted money' youth signings too.

the way ive thought of possibly getting around it is some kind of maluable potential figure players have, but i arent a technical buff so dont know if that could be implemented.

an example maybe, if a youth player plays a big game, plays well and potential increses if its below a certain standard....

what do others think?

its not a matter of 'being too easy' or 'too hard' though. the facts are players reports never change, because players never do. thats not apart of being easy or hard. its about a certain amount of unrealism shown in the game. corrected by a in-game changable potential or something, like i proposed.

Archived