[FM10] Carma Carma Carma Camelon!

Terra21

Hello folks, this will be my first career update thread and I hope to be using this game until FM11 comes out :)

badgel.png

2015/16

Club World Championship

Champions League - Playing Here

Europa League

Tier 1 - SPL1 - Currently Here

Tier 2 - SPL2

Tier 3 - Scottish Championship North

Tier 3 - Scottish Championship South

Tier 4 - Division 1 North, Started Here

Tier 4 - Division 1 South

Tier 5 - Division 2 North

Tier 5 - Division 2 South

Tier 6 - Junior Conference (8 Leagues)

Camelon Juniors

Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League 1: Runner Up: 2015

Clydesdale Bank Scottish Premier League 2: Winner: 2013

Irn-Bru Scottish Championship (North): Winner: 2011

Irn-Bru Scottish Division 1 (North): Winner: 2010

Scottish Cup: Runner Up: 2015

Scottish Junior Cup: Winner: 1995

Stadium: Carmuirs Park, 3000

Camelon Staium, 32209 on 22.6.2016

History

Thanks to RichG for the inspiration on structuring my progress :)

[b]Camelon Juniors[/b]
[color="Red"]
Season   Division           Pos   Inf                 Scottish Cup     Europe                  Other Cups[/color]
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5351397&postcount=11"]2009/10[/url]  Division 1 North    1    League Champions    6th Round          -                   Challenge Cup 1st Round
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5364035&postcount=16"]2010/11[/url]  Championship North  1    League Champions    5th Round          -                   Challenge Cup Semi Final
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5393871&postcount=21"]2011/12[/url]  SPL2                7    Mid-Table           6th Round          -                          -
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5397103&postcount=28"]2012/13[/url]  SPL2                1    League Champions    7th Round          -                          -
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5403657&postcount=42"]2013/14[/url]  SPL1                4    Europa League Qual. 7th Round          -                          -
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5416424&postcount=47"]2014/15[/url]  SPL1                2    Champ. League Qual. Runners Up    Europa League 4th Qual.
2015/16  SPL1

This is also the first time I have tried to take a lower league team to the top, so I wont be constantly getting promotions (little bit of reverse phycology there, heh)

First though, as the title suggests I'll be taking charge of my local team, Camelon Juniors in the Irn-Bru Scottish Division 1 (North), as you can see I'll be using a modded database, as there's no playable league with Camelon Juniors in the original database :/

I will be using Cadjik van Kaarhandel's "The Scottish Pyramid, Platinum Edition", so thanks to him for making an awesome version of the Scottish League.

I also have updated the European Cup names to the proper titles, and also added a British Cup, a 1 game Super Cup between the winners of the SPL & EPL for some fun.

I didn't plan on making this a career update thread when I started the game, but I thought it would be fun, and would be great to store my story and stats on my way to the top.

Hope you guys will enjoy it, thanks for reading.

This is the current situation in the 1st season in the game...

startseason1.jpg

As for where we are in the Scottish Leagues here is how it works...

So basically the equivalent of the English League 2, but quality wise the league is on par with the Blue Square North/South.

Our Goal: Champions League Glory! (Might as well aim high, heh)

Board Expectations:

Promotion

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Challenge Cup 4th Round

1st Update:

I'll update season by season, with individual match updates in the Scottish Cup. Also player transfers.

Transfer Budget: £0, saw this coming, heh.

First thing I did was establish a parent club with nearby team Falkirk for a chance at some loans.

Players In/Out:

transfersseason1.jpg

Scottish Cup 1st Round:

Camelon 2-1 Stoneyburn*

Goals from Striker Mark Stevenson & Midfielder Fraser Agnew secure a place in the 2nd round, was actually the worst team, 6th Tier team Stoneyburn were all over us and thanks to some great Goalkeeping from J.C. Hutchison we managed to progress.

*It was after this match that I brought in all those loan players, so hopefully we should start to play a lot better.

Scottish Cup 2nd Round:

Camelon 3-0 Girvan

2 Goals from Striker Ger Rowe and a goal from Hibs loanee David Love secure Camelons place in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup.

We were in no danger what so ever and being 3-0 up at half-time against a team 1 division below us showed our quality.

3rd Round Draw:

Strathspey Thistle v Camelon

Tough one, in the same league as us although there not up near the top of the league it's the hardest tie yet.

Scottish Cup 3rd Round:

Strathspey Thistle 0-4 Camelon

Fantastic result, early lead from an own goal from David Cameron :p, 1 goal each from David Lowe, Peter Innes and Chris Jeffery sealed a comfortable win.

Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw:

Camelon v Dunbar Utd

Great draw, Dunbar currently in the bottom Tier of the Scottish Leagues, could easily have got some harder teams away in the divisions above us, very pleased.

Scottish Cup 4th Round:

Camelon 4-1 Dunbar Utd

2 Early goals from Sean Fraser and Ger Rowe set the tone for the match, Dunbar pulled one back just before half-time, but never threatened in the second half, as goals from David Love and a 2nd for Ger Rowe sealed the win.

Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw:

Camelon v Brechin City

Nice draw to test myself against a team 2 leagues above me, all the big boys were in the draw so I'm dissapointed not to have a tie against Rangers or Celtic, would of been great.

Brechin currently in a relegation fight so this is a great chance.

Scottish Cup 5th Round:

Camelon 1-0 Brechin City :D

Wow, had 6 1st team players out injured and was sure I couldn't pull this off, but the Mariners just keep pulling out results. Surprisingly we were the better team and should of scored a couple more near the end of the match.

The only goal of the game came at the end of the 1st half when Ger Rowe scored.

I'm well chuffed.

Scottish Cup 6th Round Draw:

Camelon v Rangers!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooo :D

Scottish Cup 6th Round:

Camelon 0-3 Rangers

Was 1-0 until the 71st minute so I'm pleased I managed to hold out for so long, goals from Boyd, Fleck & Miller knocked us out.

Fans were unhappy about the result and criticized my team selection -.-

Anyway, got £80k for that round alone, £20k for playing in the cup, £50k for losing and £10k gate receipts, think i would of preferred an away tie, heh.

Next update will be end of season update.

Great start to this career Terra! And a great cup run! :thup:

btw, you've spelt Juniors wrong in the title. Ask a mod to change the title if you wish in this thread.

Haha, thanks Mexico, never even noticed that, I'm probably going to change the title altogether though, was just something I thought up on the fly.

Haha, thanks Mexico, never even noticed that, I'm probably going to change the title altogether though, was just something I thought up on the fly.

My first instinct would have been to name this thread, Carma Carma Carma Camelon.

Feel free to use if you want to change title in the future.

Season 2009/10 Review

badgel.png

Final Postion: 1st :)

Media Prediction: 2nd

My Prediction: Play-offs

endseason1.jpg

Tier 1 - SPL1

Tier 2 - SPL2

Tier 3 - Scottish Championship North - We Are Promoted to Here

Tier 4 - Division 1 North

Fantastic season, the quality really picked up after the loan signings on transfer deadline day, unfortunately I don't think there good enough for the next Tier, so I'm gonna have to have a hard look, I'm £300p/w over my wage budget so I'm getting rid of a lot of players when there contracts expire to make way for a new squad.

Goal for Tier 3 - Scottish Championship: Mid-Table, but with a push for play-offs.

Player Awards

Fans Player of the Year: Ger Rowe

Top Goalscorer: 29, Ger Rowe

Most Assists: 12, Ger Rowe

Highest Average Rating: 7.44, Ger Rowe

Cup Runs

Scottish Cup 6th Round

Lost 3-0 v Rangers at Home, no shame here, glad to of got an Old Firm team, although I would of preferred them at Ibrox for some extra cash.

Challenge Cup 1st Round

Knocked out by Craigroyston, a Junior Conference team, really dissapointed, should of at least made some sort of challenge to the trophy :(

As shown above we had a fantastic Scottish Cup run with over £100k made and eventually being beat 3-0 by Rangers at home, no shame.

Cracking title. Great suggestion ToMexico... Karma Chameleon, what a song. :D

Fantastic season as well, great stuff Terra. Looking really good. I'm almost inspired to start a Scottish save with the extended pyramid after this, it looks really exciting.

Season 2010/11 - Transfers

Brought in a full team and got rid of last years loan players and almost the whole squad, Chris Jeffery and Ger Rowe are the only players left from last season, heh.

Our Transfer budget went up from last season from £0 to £120k! (Cup run helped a lot)

Wage budget went up from £500p/w to £2.8kp/w so we managed to bring a lot of first team players on full time contracts.

transfersseason2.jpg

Hers to another successful season! :)

Board Expectations

Mid Table

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Challenge Cup Quarter Final

Good news is that since we got promoted we don't enter the Scottish Cup until the 4th Round.

Scottish Cup 4th Round:

Albion Rovers 1-5 Camelon

Something special happening for the Mariners this season, early goal from Jamie Walker gave us a cracking start, Albion equalized but a goal from the spot from Danny Thomson put us 2-1 up at HT.

2nd Half, Danny Thomson got his 2nd and put Camelon 3-1 up, Goals from Ger Rowe and Chris Jeffers sealed the win.

Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw:

Whitburn v Camelon

Division below us but I'm confident of winning.

Season 2010/11 Review

badgel.png

Final Position: 1st

Media Prediction: 7th

My Prediction: Mid-Table, Push for Play-Offs

endseason2.jpg

Tier 1 - SPL1

Tier 2 - SPL2, We are promoted to here :)

League went very well, was a fight between my and the Shire for 1st but as you can see they drew 17 matches! Which pretty much gifted me the league.

Really surprised about how I finished, I dought I can keep it up, but I never renewed any contracts until I knew which League I would be in, obviously, a new squad is in order :D

Goals for next season:

Mid-Table

Scottish Cup 7th Round

(No Challenge Cup Now, and I removed League Cup from Editor Because it sucks)

Player Awards

Fans Player of the Year: Ger Rowe

Top Goalscorer: 33, Ger Rowe

Most Assists: 13, Chris Jeffery

Highest Average Rating: 7.59, Ger Rowe

Cup Runs:

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Really Dissapointed about being knocked out by Whitburn, really should of brushed them aside after beating Albion Rovers 5-1 in the previous round.

Scottish Challenge Cup Semi-Final

Had a nice in the cup, felt I could of won it but was beaten 3-1 by East Stirlingshire in the Semis. No money for doing it which is a shame.

Season 2011/12 - Transfers

transfersseason3.jpg

Established link with Celtic for some loans and annual cash of £70k which is nice.

Hopefully with these signings we can stay in SPL2 this season, and build on a promotion push next season or later.

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Arthurlie 0-5 Camelon

Great result, 4 Goals from Chris Jeffery and 1 from Ger Rowe sealed an easy win.

Scottish Cup 6th Round Draw

Kilmarnock v Camelon

Should a nice cash boost from this, don't have much chance of winning.

Scottish Cup 6th Round

Kilmarnock 3-0 Camelon

Was surprisingly an even game until the 60th minute when Kilmarnock took the lead, after that we just crumbled. Still I'm happy with the performance, got £70k in prize money for that round, plus £30k gate receipts.

Season 2011/12 Review

badgel.png

Final Position: 7th

Media Prediction: 13th

My Prediction: Mid-Table, Push for Play-Offs

endseason3.jpg

Tier 1 - SPL1

Tier 2 - SPL2, We are still here

Summary

Really glad to have made a stable club in the SPL2, we really should of made the play-offs, had a terrible start to the season, we were bottom after 4 games and things looked grim, but we managed to bounce back with a 2-0 win over Ayr, which got us 4 wins in a row, and back on form.

It all came down to the final game of the season on who would get the last Play-off spot, between me and Dunfermline, all we needed was a draw to qualify, or Dunfermline to not win, with the match over and we lost 2-3, it looked like we were there.

Until I check the scores and saw Dunfermline had scored a 91st minute winner to pip us to that last spot.

Gutted.

Will be looking to sign a top quality GK for next season as that was our biggest weak-point, also maybe bring in a new Striker.

Goals for next season:

Playoffs

Scottish Cup 7th Round

Player Awards

Fans Player of the Year: - Mark Magennis

Top Goalscorer: 17, Ger Rowe

Most Assists: 11, Mark Magennis

Highest Average Rating: 7.27, Stephen O'Donnell

Death Penalty

Grant Adam, GK

Worst. Goalkeeper. Ever

Cost us the play-offs and god knows how many mistakes he made, also got injured the day before the final match which we needed to at least a draw for play-offs, ended up losing 2-3 at home to Morton with our reserve GK scoring an OG to win Morton the game.

Cup Runs:

Scottish Cup 6th Round

Ended losing 3-0 to Kilmarnock at Rugby Park, fairly pleased with the game, not much I could of done but we had our chances.

Great consolidation in SPL2. Not that his stats are great Ger Rowe is doing well for you. Any plans to replace him with a better player?

Yeah I would like to, he can also get me some cash, will likely sell him this season and try and find a much better striker :)

Great servant to the club.

Season 2012/13 - Transfers

transfersseason4.jpg

I brought in a handful of good players to challenge for the play-off as you can see, sold out GK, couldn't get rid of Ger Rowe but there is some interest in him.

Only other signing not here was Cedric N'Doumbe, a striker one of my scouts found when scouting France, I brought him in on a free near the end of last season (2011/12).

Scottish Cup 5th Round

Camelon 2-0 Morton

Take that! Revenge for denying me the play-offs last season!

1st half goals for Fabio Borini and Matt Godden secure a fantastic win.

Scottish Cup 6th Round Draw

Camelon v Airdrie Utd

Airdrie currently 6th in the same league as me so I'm confident of being able to progress to our first ever 7th Round Scottish Cup appearance.

Scottish Cup 6th Round

Camelon 3-1 Airdrie Utd

Great win, Fabio Borini gave Camelon a 1-0 first half lead, he doubled his tally just after half-time in the 49th minute. Airdrie pulled a goal back with 16 minutes to go, but on 81 mins Andrew Hageman made it 3-1 and sealed Camelon's place in their first ever Scottish Cup 7th Round appearance.

Scottish Cup 7th Round Draw

Camelon v Motherwell

Not the best draw, Motherwell are 3rd in the SPL1, so gonna take something special to beat them, but I'll give it a try.

Scottish Cup 7th Round

Camelon 0-1 Motherwell

Ack well, was a decent result against the team 3rd in SPL1, they were the better team but I'm pleased we made it to the 7th round, maybe we can go 1 round further next season.

Season 2012/13 Review

badgel.png

Final Position: 1st :D

Media Prediction: 8th

My Prediction: Play-Offs

endseason4.jpg

Tier 1 - SPL1, Promoted to here :D

Tier 2 - SPL2

Summary

What a season, we had a terrible start being in the relegation zone after 8 games and things looking grim. But after a 4-2 win away to Stenhousemuir that's when things turned around and we shot up the table into the play-offs in no time.

At the halfway point we were 3rd, only outside the automatic promotion spot by GD, I felt I could really get us up there. But the top was extremely tight, with 8 games left only 6 points separated 1st and 7th, but I kept winning, and teams around us kept slipping up.

It ended up a 4 way race for the title and automatic promotion between me, Falkirk, Stirling and Morton, the key game was the one I had against Falkirk at Carmuirs when I was 3 points off leaders Stirling (Who just faded away in the end) which we won 1-0, Stirling slipped up and I went top on GD.

The key set of fixtures was the 2nd last matches, when I secured Promotion with a 4-0 win at home to 7th placed Raith Rovers, Falkirk also lost 1-0 away to Dunfermline with a 91st minute winner (Sound familiar to last season? :p) and Morton drew 1-1 at home to Stirling, putting me 3 points clear at the top with 1 game left, securing promotion.

All I need for the Title was Falkirk to slip up or me to at least draw away to East Fife who needed a win to save themselves from relegation.

Both happened, and I was crowed SPL2 Champions.

The real challenge starts now.

*Just a note, I had £400k in the bank, but when I secured promotion I was given £1.8m transfer funds, hopefully this is enough to secure SPL1 Survival.

Goals for next season:

Avoid Relegation

Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Player Awards

Fans Player of the Year: -

Top Goalscorer: 19, Cedric N'Doumbe

Most Assists: 19, Stephen O'Donnell

Highest Average Rating: 7.54, Stephen O'Donnell

Cup Runs:

Scottish Cup 7th Round

Camelon 0-1 Motherwell

As I said above we weren't In the game but had our chances, they were the better team and I'm pleased with getting to the 7th Round with our quality of players.

Nice . Prem football already. Hope it is not to much of a jump.

How do you find 30 games a season? do seasons feel to short?

Yeah, I've already working on getting some quality players in, the board wouldn't let me ask for a Parent Club which I thought was weird, but a couple days later we got a link with Man City :)

As for your question, yeah I find it a lot easier, my players seem to get tired easy when there's a mid-week game, so were only playing 1 game a week most of the time, seasons go a lot quicker as well, that's how I got 1 and a half seasons done yesterday :)

2,900 man thats low lol.

You need an influx of supporters from somewhere. Is your stadium still 3,000? Where are you based? Glasgow or Edinburgh

Yeah it's still 3'000, the board wont allow expansion due to the council not granting permission. So we're stumped on getting gate income.

Were based in Falkirk, in-between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

building a 10,000 seater stadium for about 15-20m would give you a boost and allow you to challenge consistantly for european football

Problem is I have no where near those finances, I have £350k in the bank atm, plus I get £1m per season in TV rights, and a a minimum of £400k prize money for avoiding relegation, will take a while.

Season 2013/14 - Transfers

transfersseason5.jpg

Almost £1m spent in transfers in a bid to keep us up, didn't renew any contracts for a lot of players from last season as there not good enough for the SPL1.

Best signing so far is GK, Alphonse Areola who I got on a free, fantastic French GK, main man this season so far.

building a 10,000 seater stadium for about 15-20m would give you a boost and allow you to challenge consistantly for european football

Well well well, take a look at this :)

newstadium.jpg

Chairman status has also changed to "Will listen to offers" not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Incase your wondering, we finished 4th.......somehow. Never even came close to the Old Firm.

And we qualified for the Europa League, which should be fun, hehe.

Season update tomorrow.

NICE!!!

Always good when your director goes and gets finance. £36m is going to be hefty on the monthly income i was thinking £10-£20m might be manageable. How much is it costs a month?

NICE!!!

Always good when your director goes and gets finance. £36m is going to be hefty on the monthly income i was thinking £10-£20m might be manageable. How much is it costs a month?

It's gonna cost £350k a month until 2029, which Is gonna kill me, we've been given £500k transfer budget for next season :/

I only got £1.4m for my position plus £1m in TV money.

And we have £3.2m in the bank, as you can see we gonna be in debt by the end of the season.

Since we only got £500k transfer budget theres no way I can match Rangers and Celtic for a good number of years.

Season 2013/14 Review

badgel.png

Final Position: 4th

Media Prediction: 16th

My Prediction: Avoid Relegation

endseason5.jpg

Europa League - Europa League Folks :)

Tier 1 - SPL1 - Were Here

Tier 2 - SPL2

Summary

What an unexpected season, after the start we had I feared the worst (think I've said that in every season so far, lol). After a terrible start that saw us in the relegation zone after 10 games we had to get up that table, we started that with a 3-0 win away to St Johnstone, who were eventually relegated. We shot up the table and for the most part stayed around 8th-10th, but in the run up to the end teams above us started slipping up and we capitalized.

It came down to the last game of the season for the automatic European spot (5th would have to rely on Rangers winning the Scottish Cup. We traveled to Celtic Park and Hibs traveled to relegated Kilmarnock.

With the fixture list not on out side, nothing magical happened as Camelon lost 8-0. We needed Kimarnock to beat Hibs to finish 4th and they did, 2-0 in fact.

Ranger went on to win the Scottish Cup so even if we finished 5th we would still be in Europe.

At the end we had our Training and Youth Facility's upgraded, along with a brand new 33k stadium. Finances look grim but at this time the Club is on the verge of a Consortium takeover, which would be amazing.

Goals for next season:

Europa League Group Stage

Continental Finish

Scottish Cup Quarter Final

Player Awards

Fans Player of the Year: - Stephen O'Donnell

Top Goalscorer: 20, Fabio Borini

Most Assists: 17, Stephen O'Donnell

Highest Average Rating: 7.34, Fabio Borini

Cup Runs:

Scottish Cup 7th Round

Morton[P] 3-3 Camelon AET

Should of won this, was 2-0 up, conceded a last minute goal to go into ET, went ahead again then conceded again with 5 mins to go, lost on penalty's :/

I am surprised Celtic and Rangers were so far ahead.

I did a 45 season test when I created my scottish database and had 16 team divisions (not in my Italian save), celtic and rangers dissapeared to mid table obscurity with Dundee Utd (17 titles) and Ayr United (8 titles) taking over the domination.

Dundee Utd even build a 55,000 stadium and were worth £75m. When i reverted back to top and bottom split they once again dominated.

Great first season in SPL1. :thup: Did you get taken over in the end? Finances better?

and finally! Could I see a screenshot of Sabatini?

Sure can, had all the SS's taken just been lazy to update, will do now :)

Season 2014/15 Review

badgel.png

Final Position: 2nd - Champions League

Media Prediction: 7th

My Prediction: Europa League

endseason6.jpg

Champions League - Wont last long, heh

Europa League

Tier 1 - SPL1 - Were Here

Tier 2 - SPL2

Camelon In Europe!

camelonineuropeseason6.jpg

Yeah we didn't last long, CSKA had a terrible season and are 10th in the Russian League, so prob why I managed to beat them 3-0, although they destroyed me away, couldn't even get close to there goal.

Summary

Wasn't expecting the Champions League but Rangers had 75 points last season, Celtic had 74, thankfully Rangers were poor and dropped to 59, and since we had 61 we came 2nd, but if it wasn't for Rangers being poor we would be in Europa League again, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Were scoring a lot with our 3 front men but were also conceding a lot as well, but the board aren't giving me enough money to bring in the quality we need to bolster the defense.

Thankfully it looks like we'll be financially safe until out new stadium is built (worried that the league resets on 19th June but stadium is due 22nd so we might not get to use it in the league until the 2017/18 season)

Goals for next season:

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Play-off (If we lose this we'll at least be in the Europa League Group Stage)

Continental Finish

Scottish Cup Winners

Player Awards

Fans Player of the Year: - Giuseppe Sabatini

Top Goalscorer: 38, Giuseppe Sabatini

Most Assists: 26, Flavinho

Highest Average Rating: 7.53, Giuseppe Sabatini

Cup Runs:

Scottish Cup Runners Up

Camelon 0-1 Hearts

Had a great run to the final, the hardest tie being against Celtic in the Semi-Final, thankfully it was at Hampden so I can a chance, manager to get a 2-1 victory and my first one against Celtic.

Final was a shame, had my chances, never took them, Peter Crouch of all people scored the winner, lol.

Great second season Terra

Sabatini does look beastly for Scotland. Anyone been sniffing around him yet?

No one yet :)

He has 3 years left on his contract so I wont accept any bids unless there big, or the board intervene :(

Board has given me a ridiculous expectation of wanting Camelon to reach the 1st Knockout Round of the Champions League, how the hell can I do that if you only give me £400k transfer budget!?

It's our first ever time in the Champions League, seems a bit harsh.

Archived