The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

damien martyn looks HOT

oh and basically ken clarke was sitting 3 rows from me? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You spoken to HoB lately? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

it's probably too early for broad and plunkett tbh, but too late for gough, no matter what he wants. he took punishment this summer and i reckon pakistan or india will be his swansong.

if he even gets that chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think he should, it's obvious he won't play in the WC, and he's no better than Tremlett, playing him would just make him a liability and I don't think we should take him on tour just to give him one game so he can have a proper goodbye like Atherton suggested. But there seems to be some kind of fear about not picking Gough yet then they go and do what they did to Thorpe icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jimmeh got rid of the streaks in his hair so there's nobody who looks interesting enough to take his spot unlike Thorpe icon_frown.gif

Still fancy us to win this you know. Seriously. If I had anything left in my account I'd be having a wager about now.

Restrict the Aussies to no more than another 30 runs tomorrow and we've a chance. McGrath can't and won't bowl that well again this tour.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, having the last 4 batsman out for ducks is a little embarrassing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was one of the differences between the sides. Gillespie, McGrath, Lee and Warne stuck around and got runs. Jones, Giles and Harmison could add 70-100 runs which hopefully they'll do a couple of times during the rest of the series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having seen a few previous tests, i thought Harmison could really slog the ball and had potentially 30 runs in him, but i guess the differnce between Pakistan and Australia is quite large.

someone emailed Sky Sports with this story during the cricket and the commentators said something along the lines of "pull the other one", they simply weren't having it. I can't believe it's true icon_biggrin.gif

it might've been channel 4 during the ashes, it's hard to remember icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thefinalbroadcast:

I've got the Beeb ticker open and this... I can't even hear it on the radio /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cant you listen to it on the BBC sport player?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No8:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No8:

Hayden, golden duck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Posted 04 August 2005 17:27

What am i psychic? I can't believe i guessed yesterday that Hayden would go for a golden duck, and what happened?

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Match fixing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Squijee:

Langer to make 158. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

in the series total?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

jesus h. christ on a bike, if i ever hear an englishman complaining about lbw decisions ever again icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I take it you haven't seen the hawkeye? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do I take it then that you don't know that hawkeye isn't an exact science? It's an approximation ffs. I should also point out that the umpire doesn't have the benefit of hawkeye. He is SUPPOSED to give the benefit of the doubt to the batsman.

that was an absolutely p!ss poor decision. Langer was showing two stumps to the umpire, and the ball was swinging in. Also questions on whether he edged it. TOO MUCH DOUBT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe he's as good as hawkeye himself who says there was doubt in his mind? just because it's close doesn't mean he can't be sure, the fact is he would've been out so while you could understand it if he hadn't have been given you cannot complain when he is, you should not expect to not be given out just because it is going to hit but not hitting middle stump, it just makes the decision an even better one tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

gahahahahahahahaha... and mark just accused me of bias... icon_biggrin.gif

ffs

but you didnt use the right your. i think not using apostrophes makes me look awkward and edgy, but at least i stick to the rules all the time?

not using the right your just makes you look stupid. all the time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SmChapman2005:

You are one stupid f*cker.Its a couple of posts up where i said 'maybe i was being a bit harsh'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The man who said OTF was filled with immature kids having to resort to childish namecalling.

Who said irony was dead? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well i wouldn't of thought it would take much effort to read a post that is a couple of posts up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankJJ:

Yes, No, Wait, Ye...N....Sorry. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's when all 3 end up at the middle of the wicket that chaos ensues. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or the runner and a batsmen standing together, then they realise it's the wrong batsmen! icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Professor_Rocastle:

Nice wan.

Can they change the batting order? Get Freddie and KP opening the innings! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can't be that cocky tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Dougie will just run in and just before he jumps into his delivery stride he'll shout "KEVIIIIIN PIETERSEEEEEEN" and he'll be too busy creaming himself to worry about batting </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Let's just hope his run of dropping catches continues, it'd be typical if he took a couple of catches.

ok, so ur, if simon jones isnt fit, am i the only one who reckons we should play collingwood and not tremlett? reckon an extra batsmen would be beneficial for a) a draw b) the oval pitch...

what do people think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

posted the exact same thing this morning icon14.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Essex 261/1 (54.5 ov)

Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R

AN Cook 127 144 19 0 88.19 not out

RS Bopara 55 118 8 1 46.61 not out

</pre>

Cookie \o/

Shame they've agreed only to bat for 120 overs maximum icon_frown.gif

Hopefully Nel can take some Ozzie heads off

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phat Phish:

haz, I need a new bat, what are yours like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've tried emailing the address on your profile but it bounced back to me.

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I look forward to England's achievement being marked with the parade tomorrow, and I hope the powers that be on this board will recognise this by putting this thread into the Hall Of Fame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

will take care of that when it's died down and the thread can be moved (once moved it can't be posted in)

look, you'd be best lobbying sky and trying to get them to set up a freeview digital channel to show test cricket on, there's no way there'll be a reversal of the decision.

reckon sky would do their reputation no end of good even if they showed two or three tests on it.

firstly the people behind freeview would be biting skys hand off if sky offered it as it'd get people buying freeview boxes, the government hence would also love it, as it gets a bit nearer to the analogue turn off.

secondly sky could show the scraps of their coverage on it, two or three tests, bound to be watched by 2-3 million at least, getting decent advertising cash, and meanwhile advertising the fact that if you have a dish on the side of your house, you're fine! could even show rubbishy premiership/league cup matches on it.

only people peeved in the end would be channel 5.

Archived