The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Has anyone seen the C4 adverts previewing the Ashes icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sky's are better, Warne is fffffffb icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Whos out and who bowled and who caught and whos the daddy?

Details people icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gilchrist c Jones b Tremlett 18

hth

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neilstudd:

Odds of 4.40 on an England win look generous, you never know what's going to happen with our bowling.

£50 on it from me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generous indeed icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

Why should Bell be dropped? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because I think the team would show a more positive side with KP in the side. Bell can come in when Thorpe goes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A ODI side mainly needs quick scorers and big hitters. Whilst Bell can boast a lot of things, big hitting isn't one of them. I reckon he might suit the number 3 role well however in ODI's.

A test side needs players who can score. Fast scorers are very useful players as they can take a game away from the opposition in a the space of a session. However England already have two players who can do this, Flintoff and to a lesser extent Jones. Why do we need another player of the same calibre in there at the expense of someone who's main job would be to collect runs at a strike rate of a bit over 50. So far you cannot fault Bell for what he's done. He made a decent 70 against the West Indies and then put bangladesh to the sword in a way that Pietersen would have been struggling to compete with (100 runs in a session doesn't come easy no matter who your opposition is).

And in what way is Pietersen a better player than Bell? Maybe a stronger legside player allowing him to hit big shots when they're required in ODI's but as people have said he looks a bit doubtful outside his off stump and if a technical weakness is going to be found out it will be in a test match facing 4 world class bowlers (depends on if Gillespie plays of course icon_wink.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ooh aah ray parlour:

Yeah, during the winter against England he smashed the ball around and hit some pretty big scores. He has been a bit rubbish for us though, although not as bad as Afridi was for us last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because Afridi is a big **** twat bawbag

PREDICTIONS

Team I'll be supporting: England

Team who I think will take the Ashes home: England

Series score: 2-1

Top batsman from either side (most runs): Matthew Hayden

Top bowler (most wickets): Glenn McGrath

Top English batsman: Andrew Strauss

Top Australian batsman: Matthew Hayden

Top English bowler: Steve Harmison

Top Australian bowler: Glenn McGrath

Surprise package for England: Simon Jones

Surprise package for Australia: anyone? icon_biggrin.gif

Man of the Series: Glenn McGrath

Biggest Disappointment for England: Andrew Flintoff

Biggest Disappointment for Australia: Shane Warne

Winner at Lords: England

Man of the Match at Lords: Steve Harmison

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cottager:

so what's with the from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errr, because idiots don't know what an alias actually is?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pengedragon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

Absolute embarrasement </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hoggard losing his wicket to mcgrath is an embarrasment ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No the entire England performance with the exception of KP's batting and the main bowling

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedwar Pump:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'm still half excpecting mcgrath's injury condition to be no more than a pulled wengerism and for him to be declared fit to play at the last minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking that as well, until I saw this pic this morning. His ankle still looks pretty swollen to me, i'd be amazed if he's bowling on that in a couple of days.

Unless of course that was taken last week and he's all healed by now icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That ankle isn't swollen too bad icon_frown.gif Mine was twice that size last week.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

Mon a score of 400+ and mon someone getting a century icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vaughan's due a big score, which will probably mean he'll get out for 10.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rocky Rockstar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sebs:

lame over rate icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

cheating ****ers tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just under 4 an over isnt that bad! Wait till freddy and kev come in anyway (which hopefully wont be too soon), it'll soon shoot up to over 5 an over icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

And this bullying the new boy stuff is just rubbish. When I registered on here a couple of years back with the previous account and slated Jimmy Anderson like mad even though he was the poster boy for the new successfull English side I didn't get abused even though practically nobody else on here agreed with me at the start because I actually made some decent points against his inclusion in the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not rubbish at all. Just because it doesn't happen to every newbie, doesn't meean it doesn't happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone still got the scars from when they were a newbie. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s3xybiatch:

who has gone then? the bbc is so slooooooow to update icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

langer c bell b giles 31

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

How easy was the catch? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2ft directly above his head got his hands to it the ball just went through tho icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Out wtf? Ntini obstructed a player </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He barely touched him you silly sausage </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? Quite clearly nudged him to one side. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was a very slight brushing on Bichel's arm, didn't stop him getting back to his crease at all

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haz:

I've just succumbed and shelled out £112 for two tickets to see the England v Pakistan ODI...precisely one year from today icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any idea when they go on sale to the general public? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sure its late feb early march, as a surrey member i should get my application in dec and im sure we have privalages until march

Archived