The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Kennett:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jon Kennett:

I dont get this supersub bit

Solanki cannot replace anyone who has already batted, fair enough

But in that case, why is someone allowed to bowl their overs and then be replaced by a batsman? Its pretty much the same thing </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's not, Solanki can replace someone who's batted, he just can't bat. And whoever replaces a bowler who's used up their overs can't bowl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So could they have replaced someone that has already batted with a bowler, and he could bowl in the second innings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm not english nor australian but i can't help feel a little bit excited by this all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed

Guess the original one gives away where i come from.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

Thank god for Ian Bell. Kevin Pietersen should not be there eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pietersen didn't face McGrath when he was fresh and bowling really well, if Belly came in and faced Gillespie he'd still be there as well tbh.

Mebbe if Pietersen did whit Thorpe should have done and hogged the strike then England would be 6 wickets down and not 7 :*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Professor_Rocastle:

What are the latest odds on Australia winning this match?

Surely they have no chance, a last pair partnership of 100+ ?? Has that ever been done? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they could get 2 50 partnerships, shouldn't be with a lot of luck it's possible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pedwar Pump:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Goochy paid Slim to gift him his wickets ;0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, he did have all that Advanced hair studios treatment to pay for. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they were partners in hair replacement crime

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

Hodge for Katich then? assuming Clarke is fit, Hodge isn't really a big scorer either from what I know, but he can replace Katich's bowling as well if that worries you icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so it's a century on debut then for hodgey??? icon_biggrin.gif

bhifffffb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully Hodgey will get picked, but I reckon he might be overlooked. He never seems to grasp the mettle when he's given an opportunity to play for Australia.

The fact he substituted for Clarke on the field at Old Trafford was a good sign, though! icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TomLane:

i hate it after every ball warne does you get someone on the Aussie team going "nice Shane". gets on me tits </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate the way someone in this thread mentions it after every ball tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WH Y?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?WHY?vvvvvvvvv </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geraint >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rcjuk

WHY?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Afridi averaging 41.80 with a strike rate of 112.06 icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It even possible for Afridi to average more than 25?

well, I guess it is. Unless, of course, ZeeBs (can I call you ZeeBs?) has been misleading us

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeyM:

Nope. It's all about expecting the worst and being happy when a result comes in icon_smile.gif

I'm just fed up of being disappointed by my national side over and over in every bloody sport! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean, every sport?! We are gonna win the World Cup next year icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozzie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ozzie:

clarke ? why not some bouncers and/or yorkers from McGrath ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Showing your unique and wonderful understanding of the sport there, nice one icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for sure. McGrath can take wickets in a flash. remember the 1st test ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THE LIGHT bangHead.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">In all my 20+ years of watching cricket I've never seen such an attitude over the light by the umpires. Vaughn obviously said he can't see the ball which was bollox and the umpire gave in to pressure while Warne was bowling!

Was a joke and has robbed us of a decent match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad light, players come off. Seem fair to me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boltman:

I think it's truly amazing the difference in public and media attitude towards the team and players now that they are reasonably successful. Remembering back 15 years or so the likes of Gower became figures of pure unadulterated hate, they must be a little envious to say the least!. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think it's also got a bit to do with the personalities of this team. Not just the success.

Archived