The Big One. England v Australia. The Ashes. Cricket. Spoliers.

wycombe

• Replies 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wor JJ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Therefore I am going to make a bold statement and say that Trescothick will score at least one century against you and it will be a big one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're telling me it's bold to say that one of your first choice opening batsmen will have at least one good day in an entire series then you guys have got Buckley's chance of avoiding a whitewash icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, wagering that trescothick will make one BIG ton in ten innings... wtf??? icon_biggrin.gif

kinda reinforces the point. his technique is too poor to consistently get runs against good bowling attacks. the fact that he bashes his way to a decent score every now and then, doesn't change that.

sebs - where exactly did i say that australia is the only team in the world with a decent bowling attack? wanna get rid of that massive chip on your shoulder before posting in future???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Then make stupid excuses for not wanting to play a test in Karachi angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK maybe Karachi is a safe place to vist for England.

Warne suggestion was to play Trseco, Straus, Vaughan, Bell, Thorpe, Pieterson, Flintoff, GO Jones, Giles, Hoggard, Harmison with Bell and Vaughan chipping in with the bowling. Alan Lamb also said that would be a good team, but since England have since time imoral picked 4 seamers plus spinner it was never likley to happen. I think Tres and Pieterson can bowl a bit.

So that would make 4 front line bowlers with Pietrson, Tres, Vaughan and Bell providing support.

^ wrong, out in 15 mins, you heard it first from me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Rocky Rockstar

Days like yesterday just make me realise how f*cked Australia will be when McGrath retires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lets just wait for him to retire first aye, i have been waiting for 2 years now.

i cant possibily see england reaching 150, kp will need to protect the low-order and bat exceptionally well to get it. no slog **** and more of refusing singles at the start of the over, *double edged sword*

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why is that better than tomorrow then?

They get the same amount of overs to bat any way surely? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but it'll be like having two attempts to start the innings, so we could get thumped tonight, and bowl well tomorrow or vise versa.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zvonimir Boban:

Harbhajan getting bowled by Shoaib Malik and the Indian umpire referring the decision to the third umpire >>>>>>>>>>>> * </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wtf??? icon_biggrin.gif

elaborate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you've not seen much of Hariharan then keep an eye out for him in the future, he's so useless it's actually brilliant.

disgraceful batting and running by australian batsman, Hayden icon13.gif, Ponting icon13.gif, Martyn icon13.gificon13.gif

this match is lost, unless all australian bowlers start bowling with discipline, from the 7 or soo overs yesterday, it does'nt look they have learnt a thing, there goes my theory of australia getting to 650+ and batting only once, this has been an absloute shambles of a day. Can't believe i was up until 2:45 pm watching this ****, work is now killing me.

FU(KKKKKK

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

Just to curb all this 'best test eva' stuff, this wasnt as good as Headingly in 1981 tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In fairness it's not just random OTF monkehs making these claims - Richie and Nicholas (alright he's a bit excitable icon_biggrin.gif) both said it was the best game they'd ever seen and IRRC Greigy said the same.

High praise. Certainly the best game I've ever seen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranjith:

Too often Flintoff gets out when he looks like he's going to get a huge score, but it looks different today. What do you reckon he will get today? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you an Aussie trying to tempt us to jinx him? icon_biggrin.gif I'm going for 77 (if that's what he's on) and out 1st ball after lunch icon14.gif *antijinx*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">eh i'm just befuddled you're going on and on and on about rain when the weather forcast is completely clear for the next two days. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll see... I've heard that before this particular summer. Several times, in fact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew Drinkwater:

When he's actually managed to make it through a season unscathed, then we'll talk icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whaddya know? Vaughan and Fletcher must agree with me because it looks like they've told Warwickshire to play Naqaash in the 4 day game against Hampshire starting today to check his match fitness before giving him a callup to replace Jones icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wicom:

PLUMB ALMIGHTY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

you can't seriously argue against the bell decision and then expect that one to be given ffs icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liam Harper:

Also I think that Australia had to finish their innings by lunch tomorrow at the latest to stand any chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all this rain, we need 550 and Warnie to take about 7-30 and win by an innings.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by only one keano (robbie):

Look, stop being a fairweather cricket fan, preteding you know stuff about the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't you say that. don't you dare icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GingerFurball:

Can't believe your pessimism - one good partnership changes the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed. greig being a **** saying australia are favourites. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't want to jinx it before lunch - but all it needs is for Pietersen to make a bigish score, with support from 2 or 3 batsmen (making 20 or 30) will leave Australia chasing about 250, which won't be easy.

australia

Langer - 7 - best australian batsman i reckon

Hayden - 4 - average throughout the series, but the time he realised he couldn't batter the bowling everyone every ball it was too late

Ponting - 5 - ok he played 2/3 good innings but his captaincy throughout the series was woeful

Martyn - 5 - looked in form but at the same time didn't look like he cared. had a couple of awful lbw decision tbf

Clarke - 6 - is this guy the best australia have got of the next generation? he's good but not scary good like the waugh twins were

Katich - 4 - he was rubbish, some of his dismissals were jst inept

Gilchrist - 3 - awful series, can't believe he averages over 50 and yet struggled so much against the swinging ball. and played an unforgiveable shot in the run case at edgbastion.

Warne - 10 - too ****ing good

Lee - 7 - best aussie pace bowler over the 5 tests

Gillespie - 2 - um. he seemed to try a lot?

McGrath - 7 - strange series, looked great at lords, looked unfit at ot and looked past it at the oval.

Kasper - 6 - straight up and down

Tait - 5 - he was ok but again, the best of the next generation?

Archived