Can someone tell me please......

..... Or direct me to a place that tells me ways of maintaining my personal knowledge of other countries once I stop managing there. I managed in Portugal, and managed the French u21's and built good knowledge of both and now I'm in Italy that knowledge is rapidly depleting.

Ta in advance

It's because you're not managing there, so the longer you're out of the country the less you know about it.

IE - I spent 9 years managing in Russia, then moved to Italy. 6 years later my knowledge of Russia has dropped loads.

Makes sense in some ways I guess. Obviously, you're not going to lose all knowledge, because you'd be keeping fairly up to date with goings-on in that country, but you can't really have an indication of current knowledge that is actually based off 'I knew lots about that country's football 6 years ago'. 6 years could see quite a large amount of change in a country - quality of players, best teams, hot prospects etc can all change pretty rapidly, and unless you're working in that arena, your knowledge wouldn't be as good, and would decline over time..

Archived