Any Ideas on How To Re-ignite my enthusiasm?

I've played FM/CM since 93 and the days of Paul Warhurst and Alan Moore. Family and work commitments mean I have a lot less spare time than I used to and find it difficult to get into a game these days.

Has anyone else sufferd this? Any ideas on how to get back into it again?

I was in the same boat as you. I was pretty bored with FM2010 so I decided to try something I have never done before, take over a team from the lowest level in the game (level 11 of the English leagues using Super Bladesman's creation) and try and take them to the premiership.

I had never done a proper lower league game before so it was something new and interesting for me.

So all I can suggest is to try playing a game that you havn't done in the past.

FM BEAR i'm in the same boat. Just can't get into it. I had a spell out of work in the last 3 months of 2009 and played for 11 seasons. But since then just cannot be enthused to commit to a game.

I was in the same boat as you. I was pretty bored with FM2010 so I decided to try something I have never done before, take over a team from the lowest level in the game (level 11 of the English leagues using Super Bladesman's creation) and try and take them to the premiership.

I had never done a proper lower league game before so it was something new and interesting for me.

So all I can suggest is to try playing a game that you havn't done in the past.

Is there a link to the Super Bladesman creation?

there are so many leagues and so many teams to choose from, try something new that you never have tried before is what i'd suggest

try a german 3rd division squad

or australian league

or MLS team

brazilian 3rd division

mexican top division

so many to choose from :)

best way to get some renewed enthusiasm is to play with a m8 or two over a network. used to love fm sp player but since networking with a m8 i cant play sp, im villa hes spurs and is good challenge trying to out do eachother. play till about 5 - 6 seasons then restart

I've found myself in similar situations before and after a short break have come back and tried something new to get the enthusiasm back. Recently I've tried to emulate tactics from the past and see if I can get them working in a successful way. For example, right now I'm using a formation with a libero for my Ascloi team. It's pretty hit and miss at this stage but the challenge of getting it to work has completely reinvigorated my interest in the game.

Archived