4-4-2 Success? 10.3 Patch

Hey

Just wondering if anybody has had any success with a 4-4-2 formation. I have been using Mr Hough's 10.3 classic tactic for most of my time on FM2010, but I was wondering if there were any 4-4-2 tactics out there that would be any good for lower league teams aswell as the big teams.

If anybody could recommend or point me to a good tactic then that would be great

Thanks

Alex

Thanks For the reply I will give these a go.

I enjoy managing below the Premiership in England, but I do like to work my way up so I am looking for a tactic that works well with any team as long as I have the right players in each position.

I would like to hear from other people who have had success with any 4-4-2 tactics

Thanks For the reply I will give these a go.

I enjoy managing below the Premiership in England, but I do like to work my way up so I am looking for a tactic that works well with any team as long as I have the right players in each position.

I would like to hear from other people who have had success with any 4-4-2 tactics

with a lower legue team i sugest u use the more direct approach tactics,alegri or atletico away,sacchi or hiddink @ home

with a lower legue team i sugest u use the more direct approach tactics,alegri or atletico away,sacchi or hiddink @ home

Thanks for the reply, I have been using these tactics with my Rotherham United team and if results carry on like this I will be promoted soon. Anyway I was wondering if you could tell me which of these 4-4-2 tactics would be good in League 1, The Championship and The Premiership

Thanks for the help

Hi, I gained promotion through playoffs with Gillingham in my first season, and am now dominating the preimer league 12 years on.

I use the default 4-4-2 tactic, and just changed the wide midfielders to wingers! If you use good team talks, and make some good subs when needed it should work well for any team.

I got alot of players from free transfer and loaned 4 too in my first season, basically signed a whole new starting 11! so if at the start of the game your team is not very good, you may have to do the same with a zero budget as I did.

Good luck!

i would recommend these 4-4-2 sets http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=168984

works great for me when i get the versionpicking right

I'm using these sets, and I gotta say they are pretty cool especially since my football knowledge is rather limited (Though I'm catching on quick, lol), so it's nice to depend on little things like this to help me move along in the beginning at least.

I do have a curious question, perhaps I imported them wrong (As I assume they just go in your My Documents/Tactics folder), but the moment I use one of these tactics, I notice, in game, the Touchline Instructions are now grayed out and can't use them at all.

Is that suppose to be the case?

thanks,

I believe so Mp, as Frag said they use the classic tactics view so therefore the new TC will not work.

Ahh ok, that's good for me anyway, as it seems I can get unexplained CTDs if I go too crazy in changing my touchline instructions throughout the match.

(Really ****ed that I got a CTD, when I came back from a 1-0 match against Chelsea to tie at 1, only to have it crashed after I made some more tactical changes, grr..!, haha)

I've used 442 with my Exeter save. Took charge in November when they were 13th in League 2, adapted the 442 to suit the players I had available, since there was no money to spend. I ended up walking the league quite comfortably. With a few additions in pre-season, I'm currently 7 points clear in League 1. So, 442 has worked pretty well for me in 10.3.

I used 442 as well. Has been 442 since my 2nd or 3rd season. It was in BSP then. I just got promoted from BSN. I use wingers if possible unless i lack the winger then I will switch to a wide midfielder. Both wing backs or full backs will do fine, but I switched from wing backs to full backs recently after reaching CCC and Premier league because I am conceding too much. And.. I use my own 442 tactic. I just got the default one and just adjusted some of the mentalities and sliders here and there to suit my style. My team used to be pretty LLM so.. i restricted creative freedom and ran a rigid philo.

So long you have proper players it will work. Or just fit your tactics to your players. I used to play 2 MC on D. But swopped around with 1 on D, 1 on Support. Sometimes 2 support, sometimes 1 of them will be on attack. But I personally realised my team is horrible at heading so even though I have awesome wingers with good crossing, I limit their crossing to sometimes. I changed cross from to mixed becos I like the idea that you don't only cross from the byline. With that, they tend to try to pass their way into the box more often. Through passes through the middle is the deadliest, and after some tweaking, I finally have players whom I can play as a adv playmaker. I set them on Attack as I like the idea that they will take the ball and dribble all the way in to shoot, or arrive late in the box to receive a through ball.

As for ST. I play with a AF and a poacher.

And don't tweak your formation too much, your players need time to get used to it.

Archived