Early Goals

Anyone else have a problem with their team always conceding early goals? And then you always have to chase the game.. Really annoying! And it doesn't matter what tactics, mentality you're playing from the start...

I don't think i have a problem. You will concede early and late goals and probably remember them more, especially the late killers, but the question should be is the ratio of goals conceded weighted towards early and/or late goals?

Here's the minutes of my goals conceded from my 28 league games:

0-15: i

16-30: iiiii

31-45:

46-60: iiii

61-75: ii

76-90: ii

So my problem is goals in the middle of the first half and goals after the half-time break.

I say "problem", but i conceded 13 goals in 28 games... what problem? :D

Mine is keeping out the equaliser in the first 3 minutes after I score.

Funny how we all have different, but similar problems.

Scoring late goals is a concentration and fatigue issue generally.

Early goals is a motivation issue, I believe, the other team has come out on fire, while your team is not. I can only blame team talks with out seeing the problem my self.

If anyone can help me stop conceding I would appreciate it. I have tried altering tactics, but they generally don't kick in until after the equaliser is scored.

DEATH: I would suggest going defensive, deeper or counter attack in those periods, dependant on your current tactics. That is why you get the advice on when you concede most of your goals. The half time one is an effect of the opposing managers team talk, I bet you go in to 90% of those matches ahead at half time?

Archived