Transfers Question

Hey how are we all?

Just got a quick question... I already used the search function but couldn't really find what I was after...

I remember (or could have just dreamt it...) a thread on tips about doing transfers really well...

Recently after through study of Cleon's work (and many others who are experts in FM) I have begun to gain a good understanding of the game, much more in-depth then I ever used to. So firstly thanks to all you guys out there posting wondering insight into the game!:D

Basically I still suck at making good transfers... Firstly I think I don't really know how to scout players very well. I have read many posts about the good players and I know alot of them, Lukaku, Sahko, etc but can't seem to decide for myself whether a player is right for me or not, if I can't find information about them on these forums.

Can someone offer me some tips on how to scout players well? I send my scouts to scout them usually but I can't really decide if they are the right player for me, even if my 20/20 scout says they are quality.

Secondly, when I do find a player I really like, I always pay overs for them... I can't seem to get a good deal. I'm not even talking about a bargain. For example, I struggle to get 1.5x the value of my players for sale but when I am trying to buy, I always pay over twice their value... What's the trick to getting lower prices? Sometimes I read on these forums people getting their players for way cheaper than I have ever got them...

Thanks for listening and Thanks In Advanced!!!:thup:

Try to unsettle the player first by praising them and stating your intent to buy them. Then maybe enquire. If it is rejected and the player becomes unhappy then scout the player again and most of the time the price is greatly reduced because the player wants to leave the club.

I see lucatonix... I tried the sweet talking and getting bids rejected but still not much luck... Should I start talking to them like 6 months before I try to sign them? I usually only look for signings just before or at the start of a transfer window...

- constantly check contract status of players, and use search filters as a tool (I like to set my filter on "expiring within a year"), this way i can track bargins that will be aviable on free in good time, and possibly offer a contract 6 months befor ther current deal runs out

notable players signed on free in my Roma save:

Kim Källström, Nicolas Burdisso, Nelson Rivas, Yannis Taffer, Taye Taiwo, Domenico Criscito, Willian

have also had dibs on the following if i wanted to (but decided against signing them):

Marcello, Adler, Toulalan

- start eyeballing the players of relegation candidates, most of the time i start doing this very early, after say the first 10-20 games

- set scouts to track regions (a good aid for serch filters, and well if you get lucky you might even come across a bargin)

- look at more then one target, currently i have 84 players on my shortlist in the mentioned Roma game, that im looking a bit extra at

so to sum things up, plan ahead, be observant and think of who you may want to sign in good time, its much thanks to this aproch that I have turned my Roma team into a world class squad neting in all possible titles in year 3, while only making 2 big signings (Giuseppe Rossi & Aquilani, both for about £20milj each)

Archived