Valladolid - Need some tips for players and teams

Snaps

I decided to start a Unemployed game, and I became Valladolid in Spain.

My board basically begged me to avoid relegation, and I was in the top 6 right until the end, when I went 10 games without a win, and ended up 9th!

This is still decent and the board is delighted with me.

I want to do better. But I dont have much money to spend at all. After selling some players, I have about 4 million to spend on players.

So, please help me out! I need all kinds of good but CHEAP (possibly young) players to bring into the squad so I can challenge for Europe!

I need defenders, strikers and midfielders. I wouldnt mind a new keeper too!.

Anyone played with Valladolid before? Any tips etc? Please help. I havnt found a team guide for this team yet.

You can only have 3 Non-EU Foreigners, but South Americans become Spanish Nationals after 2 seasons; Brazilians, Argentinians, Chileans, Colombians, Peruvians etc.

It looks like you're starting your 2nd season, so some of the 'cheap player' threads may not be relevant anymore as the players have been signed.

There should be some good regen Scouts coming through after the first season, so i'd suggest getting some good Scouts onboard and sending them to South America. With a club like Valladolid you may have to take a long-term approach of buying youth prospects then selling on in order to challenge financially for Europe in the Spanish League.

I'd also suggest getting some pre-season Friendly Leagues underway to boost finances; the TV Money and Gate Receipts are a great way to raise cash for smaller clubs. You can also extend that £4m Transfer Fund to £16m by buying players over 48 month installments instead. Overhauling the squad can have negative impacts though if they don't gel well together.

Not sure if this helps you much but here is my transfer window for the first season:

semttulowf.th.png

Most of them are young prospects though...but already signed Di Maria, Ricardo Costa and Pogatetz (these last 2 for free) for the next season.

Try looking for free players, you can actually get pretty decent players.

There will be a few decent players whose contracts are due to expire, too. There usually tends to be someone available who could prove useful to a club of your stature. Also, younger players might be able to be signed for little or no compensation. Have a search for players on youth contracts if you can.

Funnily enough, my board was getting ****ed off with me because I promised European Qualification, and I was 9th half way through the season. Eventually Palermo offered me a role and I couldnt say no!

I won the Italian Cup in my first season and finished 9th in Seria A

In my second season, I won the Italian Cup and also Europe League Cup, and finished 3rd in Seria A

Now Ive told the board that I am going to win Seria A!

Lost to AC Milan 3 times already tho. They killed me in Italian Super Cup, European Super Cup and in Seria A already! Bastards!

Got Barcelona in my Champions League game, and I beat them 2-0!

Played 4, won 3, lost 1 so far :)

BRING IT ON :)

I started off unemployed and became Valladolid manager, lasted 6 months though as I wanted to move due to lack of funds. Managed to keep away from the relegation places though.

They have got a good swuad if you utililse it. Perhaps play just the one up front (Manucho) and play costa in attackin mid, or haris in behind him. They have some handy spanish midfielders, set them all to closing down full and other teams wont be able to score against you.

Archived