Playing against very defensive team

Hi, what should I do when playing against team that "parked the bus" in their area?

having big possesion, big completed passes percentage but low shots stats and no CCC's.

I found a lot threads about how to play against big four etc. but I can't find any suggestions how to play against underdogs. what instructions or shouts should I set if I'm big favourite and for example last team in league is coming to my stadium?

already lost one game like this (home against Siena) and draw another one like this.

Like everything in life. It depends. :D

I personally like to play with attacking full backs on the line and wingers that move into the channels (Support duty).

Here are few tips to crack those parking buses.

1. Play wider. Wide game provides more space and generally the ball moves faster than the man, which means the defending team will have more ground to cover - tiring them and making them more error prone.

2. More runs with the ball - WB on "often" and CBs on mixed.

3. More exchanges of places - it just drives the opponents CBs mad! Replace the strikers positions and roles frequently. Especially effective against tight markers.

4. Long shots + set-pieces - if they park the bus then shoot from distance, it does not matter whether you have the players for it - they will block the shots to corners and you will be able to experiment with your attacking corners settings until you got it right.

5. Go counter-attacking when you're 2-0. Let them come to you and sting them on a quick counter. After the 3-0 switch to Control strategy to get as much as possession as possible, defending your lead.

That's it. Use the analysis tool to check ineffective patterns and tweak accordingly. At the end of the day it's just a bit experience and common sense. :thup:

often playing deep works - this has 2 benefits; creates space by drawing the opposing defence and midfield out further, creating holes especially if using wide width. it also shields against a counter attack against you pretty well too

Archived