England Players are underated

like the tittle suggests alot of the england plays are underated. I am as west ham and england, and ashley young isnt gd enuff 4 either, ok fair enuff england but west ham !! The same with dave bently. Has any1 else notice this or is it just my coach masimo nesi who is an amazing scout, just expacting to much for england. Nearly every player is "not good enuff for england"

Has any1 else had the same problem

Originally posted by Reidy_FootieKing:

like the tittle suggests alot of the england plays are underated. I am as west ham and england, and ashley young isnt gd enuff 4 either, ok fair enuff england but west ham !! The same with dave bently. Has any1 else notice this or is it just my coach masimo nesi who is an amazing scout, just expacting to much for england. Nearly every player is "not good enuff for england"

You are having a laugh aren't you? English players are overrated always have been, always will be.

quote:

Originally posted by Reidy_FootieKing:

You are having a laugh aren't you? English players are overrated always have been, always will be.

Your trying to tell all of us you wouldnt have Lampard , Gerrard , Rooney , Bentley , Terry etc. at whatever team you support ?

People like you make the rest of Britain sound like fools because you cant take that England has great players.

Scotland have brilliant players as well just dont be so biased !

no i agree those players are great, but im saying that all prem league and championship players are being offered for at least 50percent more than they are worth, when u can get better players in spain holland france italy etc for a fraction of the price

How can the players be over-rated.. we couldn't even make the Euro's!

Definatly over-valued, but not over-rated.

Young, Agbonlahor, Bentley, Barry .. these players have all developed into top players this year. I imagine all will improve in FM09.

Your trying to tell all of us you wouldnt have Lampard , Gerrard , Rooney , Bentley , Terry etc. at whatever team you support ?

People like you make the rest of Britain sound like fools because you cant take that England has great players.

I can see ure point but calm down i was only mentioning a few and i take arsenal_2111 point

you raise a good point but the thing is England have been overrsted since they won they world cup but then who did they play after they won it? Scotland. and who won? Scotland. You see everyone overlooks that and so underrates Scotland

I can see ure point but calm down i was only mentioning a few and i take arsenal_2111 point

I wasnt talking to you I was referring to what Frazza Pee said !

Frazza Pee - I know but I think after the last campaign people might overlook Scotland and see us for the team we are , I also think some Scottish players are underrated in the game as well as some English , McFadden surely would have got better in 8.0.2 , so has Kevin Thomson.

Agbonlahor and Young are underrated so is Barry !

Overrated for sure. It's just symptomatic of the way people in this country see English footballers. Terry current 182 potential 190, Cannavaro 173, 184. Seriously! Terry will never be fit to lace his boots. Terry lacks pace, is rash in the challenge and doesn't have the brain of a truely great defender. Ferdinand and Gerrard are great players, Rooney has the potential. Terry is a very good player but beyond that the rest are good players and nothing more.

Well, those players you said are indeed underrated, but at the other hand a lot others are wat overrated. I personally think Frank Lampard wouldn´t make it to the Brazilian National Team, i don´t think he is even better then Elano, but he is amazing in FM. Micah Richards is young and promising, and might be a world beater, but he is definetely not a world class defender worth 30 M euros right now, better than many international regulars and experienced stablished defenders. Rooney does not get, and will NEVER get 45 goals a season.

You have to look at both sides, those young players you mentioned entered the spotlight this season, and still have work to do to be rated as amazing players. How many players go from an amazing season into ostracism in just a few months? they should be better in FM 09, but for now i think SI has done a fair job.

the rooney point is spot on, he has never even broken 20 goals, and neither has Michael Owen in real life yet every fm owen is class and rooney wins golden boots. But its natural, every country seems to buy into how great the prem league is, and now that two english teams have been in the champ league final its gonna be worse. yet spanish and italian teams have been doing it for years. Altho in saying that to go back to arsenal_2111's point FM is not far off at predicting the future with players!

Originally posted by Eme Alberta:

Overrated for sure. It's just symptomatic of the way people in this country see English footballers. Terry current 182 potential 190, Cannavaro 173, 184. Seriously! Terry will never be fit to lace his boots. Terry lacks pace, is rash in the challenge and doesn't have the brain of a truely great defender.QUOTE]

Yeah cuz Cannavaro has always had that extra yard of pace :rollmay

Originally posted by Scott08:

How can the players be over-rated.. we couldn't even make the Euro's!

Definatly over-valued, but not over-rated.

Young, Agbonlahor, Bentley, Barry .. these players have all developed into top players this year. I imagine all will improve in FM09.

Barry has always been a top player it just no body gave him a chance be for

Yes, some of the England players are under-rated. But then, on the other hand, some of them are over-rated. And thats true in every other nation I reckon. Silva is way over-rated. Does that mean Spain is over-rated? On the other hand, Torres is under-rated? So Spain must be under-rated!?! Which one is it?

What most of you tend to forget is that when SI game out with the game, they had no way of knowing how some of the players would perform this season. Some of the English players were pretty average at the start of the season but have played very well during the entire season. And their stats will be boosted in the next game I'm sure. Guys like Young, Agbonlahor, Walcott, Bentley, Wheater etc were all decent and we knew they had potential. But they've played well only this season and its not possible for SI to predict the future fgs! What most of you also tend to convieniently forget is how over-rated some of the English players. Crouch and Downing are the biggest examples.

Every time an FM game comes out, I guarantee you that there will be plenty of players that will be under-rated and plenty of players that will be over-rated. Its not humanly possible to get every single one of them right.

If you're really that bothered by the England players being under-rated (in your opinion), SI has given you the Editor. Use it!

this whole england is over-rated rubbish is doing my nut in tbh...

to start il point out im welsh and have no love loss for england

imo england arent over-rated... they have the talent throughout the squad...

the likes of michael owen, rooney, lampard, gerrard, terry, ferdinand, gary neville, micah, barry, downing, young, joe cole, bentley etc etc could walk into most teams in the world..

YES prices and value's are inflated.. simply because the premiership is where the money is, so prices are set as such..

YES some players are wayyy over hyped , but then again ..most players in europe are also (see> ibrahimovic)

and of course the likes of young , gabi, bentley et al will be improved in the next game..

can we please stop this argument, it flared up in the Stancu thread, we don't need it here too.

I think its a bit too broad to say all players that are english are under-rated. There are players, such as Young and Bentley, who are deffinetly worse than they should be. But many players such as Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney and Crouch are hugely over-rated in the game.

If you really feel like your being short changed by the database under-estimating some players, use the editor to bring them up to scratch.

Originally posted by polat_dgn:

if u want to see how they r overrated, just look at Gerrad icon_biggrin.gif

gerrard* ...

and only someone who hasnt seen him play could say that....

im completely unbiased.. i dont support liverpool in any way ..

tbh he is a leader on and off the pitch... he delivers the goods when he is needed... has scores 20 goals a season from midfield for years and always on top of tackling and assist charts ...

he out performs every midfielder in the world tbh

England are ridiculously overrated and over priced in FM.

I mean:

- Rooney is never going to be a 50 goal a season Striker

- Downing is going to get nowhere near World player of the year

- Lampard is overrated in real life as well

- Jermaine Defoe is never going to be a 40 goal a season striker

etc.

Originally posted by alanhutton2cafuwho?:

the thing is though , if the panned down the england players in the game , then all others would be quite rubbish as well and you would rarely have somewith with 20s , the person who i think is overrated is Ronaldinho by a mile !

Form is temporary but Class is permanent. Ronnie should be downgraded but not by as much as you think.

It´s not because i am brazilian. Before you say that Ronaldinho is overrated, take a look at what he has done. He is a football genius, could be an absolute legend. He has skills no one else in the world has, and there i include Kaká, Robinho, C. Ronaldo etc.

The issue for him the last two years has been a very unprofesional behaviour, heavy drinking, night clubs and womn. Also his sucess and money got to his had. In his so-called awful season 2006-2007 he got 21 goals in 35 games in La Liga. This season, under heavy criticism he only got to play 14 games, yet he scored 9 goals, and he is not a striker.

Ronaldinho is by no means overrated. He is a rare talent and a genius with the ball. He must work a way out of his drinking and going out problems, but we all know what he is capable of, right AC Milan fans, Chelsea fans, etc...

People saying Gerrard is over-rated - have you ever actually seen him play fgs? If you think that man is over-rated, I seriously doubt you know how to judge a good footballer. And this is an Arsenal fan saying that.

To people saying Lampard is over-rated - no he's not. He's a VERY important player for Chelsea. Yes, he's poor for England. But its a known issue that him and Gerrard cant co-exist in the same team for some reason. Gerrard is miles better than Lampard. But to say Lampard is over-rated is silly. He gets 20+ goals a season from midfield almost every year. Thats not very easy to do for a poor player you know.

Rooney - someone said he's never going to be a 50 goal a season striker. You know anybody who is?? Not Torres, not Ibra, not Adebayor.. nobody. It will a VERY rare thing if it did happen. And rest assured, its going to be a one-off.

Ronaldinho - are you kidding? He's over-rated?? What ARE you smoking? The man is a genius. He's had a terrible year or two. Thats fair enough. But to say he's over-rated is being silly. He is every bit as good as people think he is. He's not suddenly lost his ability. His form has declined a lot but doesnt mean he's not got the ability. He should definitely have the highest PA in the world along with C.Ronaldo atm imo. His CA should go down. Decrease his stats. Decrease his consistency. Decrease his determination. But saying that one of the most gifted footballers to have ever played the game should have a decrease in potential is a little too drastic.

has anybody else noticed that in a number of threads, its frazzapee who starts off the argument because he thinks scotland are the greatest ever nation and england are rubbish because scotland won a game against england 1-0 over forty years ago?

God the mans a genius

has anybody else noticed that in a number of threads, its frazzapee who starts off the argument because he thinks scotland are the greatest ever nation and england are rubbish because scotland won a game against england 1-0 over forty years ago?

God the mans a genius

I'm just saying that everyone notices England and not Scotland.

I'm just saying that everyone notices England and not Scotland.

They noticed us after we defeated France then after we missed qualification they all forgot , because the thing is people dont remember the 'nearly done its' thye only remember people who have won comps and who do qualify and whos teams can challenge in European competition every single year. Im sure if we make S.Africa then well get noticed and people might actually think " Scotland , thats a tough one " or something along those lines !

God the mans a genius

The score was actually 3-2 Scotland if its the one in 1967 we are talking about here lol , hes just one of those people who has his head in the clouds now , most decent Scottish people youll meet will say that England have better players because of size , standard of league , teams etc. but would argue the case that Scotland play better as a unit working together and I think we do but like I say England have that sort of team that if one player is on form they can come up with a bit of magic and potentially win you the game ( Beckham springs to mind a few times ) , this Frazza Pee dude is just a fool who likes to watch other people argue while he just sits at the side and adds a few points in so another arguement springs up !

Originally posted by Reading's Revolving, Ranting, Ricochet:

I think its a bit too broad to say all players that are english are under-rated. There are players, such as Young and Bentley, who are deffinetly worse than they should be. But many players such as Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney and Crouch are hugely over-rated in the game.

I think you have come to the point, and I will get to it briefly.

The problem lies in the match engine. FMs AI managers have never been the best at making a team great. Therefore, the best teams like Utd , Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea have to have their players stats upped in order to make them as good as they are. So Terry, Crouch, etc. are overrated. Yet players for lesser clubs like Aston Villa, are underrated as, although their natural talent is there, the team itself is not so good, so if they made them as good as they were in real life, those teams would find themselves in the top 4.

As for Gerrard, how anyone can say he is overrated in game! IRL, Gerrard is the heartbeat of Liverpool, yet in FM, he has been made good in too many positions and not amazing in one.

Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">has anybody else noticed that in a number of threads, its frazzapee who starts off the argument because he thinks scotland are the greatest ever nation and england are rubbish because scotland won a game against england 1-0 over forty years ago?

God the mans a genius

I'm just saying that everyone notices England and not Scotland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

of course everyone notices england and not scotland...

england is a much larger country in terms of the football world and in almost every other way...

so saying its unfair is ridiculous mate...

scotland dont have world class (quality or rep) players..

granted, its changing... the likes of hutton, gordon, McFadden and co are a sign of great improvement from recent years...

(im welsh btw.. so we get overlooked too... the progression our national team have made over the last 2 years is astounding .. likewise our players are improving with the likes of bale, gunter, aaron ramsey and co coming through)

tbh, the ratings of players in fm aren't completely based on fact. they are just based on what could reflect real football best. And the si researchers and people who give players their ratings do it as accurately as possible, so no players are stupidly good and players such as gerrard, lampard, owen etc can perform around aswell as they do for their teams in real life, it's close to impossible to compare a player such as stancu, who plays in romania, to anyone in the premiership, yet he turns out as premiership standard.

i mean, if i buy a player from another country he won't need time to fit in a gel like in real life, hence why someone like torres is a revelation.

there are players of all nationalities who are under or over rated. i personally believe that ronaldo and kaka, who according to platini and his friends are the best players in the world, are underrated. i mean, ronaldo, even more so this season, has proven how much of a brilliant all round technical player with pace he is, and if i recall correctly, his crossing is on 14, finishing on 15, and passing 11!!! which i think most people would agree, does not reflect true life. and players such as silva, who although has impressed greatly in la liga, isn't as amazing as he is on fm, nor matias fernandez, ibrahimovic etc...

and yes, scotland are a very formidable national team, their players are not world beaters. but englands are, as they have been for years, which is why we are thought of as a good international team, personally i think scotland had so much success because of their manager and their team being able to play well together, something england last year, did not have. however, there is also a very good chance that england will qualify for the world cup easily, and scotland may lose the magic that they produced when they produced brilliant performances against some of the worlds best teams.

however, i don't even see how this argument started, because basically someone wanted to know peoples opinions on the pricing of english players, which is inflated, but in my opinion purely because the english players people want to buy such as gerrard, lampard, owen, terry, barry, richards etc are key points to their teams, whereas some of the foreign junk that is brought in, is easily replaceable.

i mean, rafa would be out of a job by now if not for gerrard. and chelsea wouldn't have won consectutive titles under mourinho if not for lampards goals, because before drogba got off of the floor and played football, they never had a 20-30 goal a season striker. and players such as joe cole, probably the most creative, skillful player that england have, is quite poor in fm.

however, maybe he and other players wont be in the next game, however, if they are, then change their stats, it's just a game, not a guide.

if it was 100% accurate, fernandez, stancu, jiminez etc would have been signed by now.

it's impossible to reflect real football in a game, for instance, there's not much chance of anyone getting ronaldo to play like he does in real life.

but anyway, that's my bit said, and i hope this stupid argument ends soon enough.

Tbh i dont think that si has done a bad job in the rating of the england players

i heard someone say in this topic that he thought that lampard and gerrard were over-rated!! do you watch the premier league they are two of the best goal scoring midfielders in the world which would walk into most club teams if not all!!

my issue arises with the england team performances on FM they are somewhat unbelievable but that the point its a simulation it like when someone takes oxford to the champions league final we can all admit that it will probably never happen but its a game and it should just be accepted

on real life performances maybe Si should introduce a hidden stat based on international performances or something similar because i am as patriotic as england supporters go but im not afraid to say atm i am embarrased to watch england especially when the big name players dont turn up i cant honestly remember a game in which a big name england player like gerrard put in a great performance similar to his liverpool games

anyway rant over

yes.. polat.... watch him play a season...

i would put a tenner on him being one of the top scorers in the premiership next season.. and i bet i wouldnt get great odds either...

tbh gerrard is probably one of the only players around who isnt under or over rated by the game ...

and i agree... cant judge them on the stats alone.. they're not meant to be like their real life counterparts...

see: agbonlahor for example... because of his sheer speed... the technical stats (finishing, passing, etc) have had to be toned right down.. so as not to break the engine and make him into a god...)

great discusion thats why football is the greatest game in the world.

i think rooney scores so many cos he tends to be a lone striker im a utd fan and it winds me up when hes scored 30 by christmas in the league but wht do you do downgrade him you cant.

elano had a good start of the season and he is a world beater on patch 802 but his true ability come out over the course of the season.

england are world beaters on the game but man for man have you seen the mexican team oh my god.

i think si do a good job they cant see in the future so i always tinker on the editor. e.g martins has only 18 pace bentleys freekicks.

Archived