Genie Scout

wattas

Originally posted by thomit:

Search.

Way to be cool.

Genie Scout is an external scouting application, that allows you to see the current, and potential ability of the players in your save game. It also shows you things like the best tactic for your current squad, and a whole host of other niceties, if its your kind of thing.

Originally posted by wattas:

does it actually tell you the best formation if so how do i use this programme to do so.

Yes. Select the 'teams' icon and type in your team. One tab will be formations - it gives you the best 5 options according to Genie's criteria.

Make sure you load the game first. If you get a compression error, you have to go back to FM and disable game compression, then save the game.

Back in Genie, load the game.

There are 4 icons with a magnifying glass (these search buttons will search your current results ONLY). Red is for player, blue for staff, shield for club, and red+blue for filtering current players by team. After these buttons, there's another section for searching specific people, clubs, and staff. Press the shield, type in your club, and double click on the result. Go the team's tactics and on bottom left press Top 5 Formations. To change between formations, use the dropdown right above the pitch.

Yeah but its wrong. You might as well just select random players and formations. The player ratings are wrong because they dont take weaker foot into account enough and that is the most important attribute and since player ratings are wrong the top 5 formations and the players in them are wrong.

Genie will fix player ratings for the next version and thats maybe why its taking longer then the time between beta 2 and beta 3. So in the next version it will be good.

Maybe you should read what I posted more carefully. I said the time from beta 3 until the version Genie is currently working on is taking longer then the time between beta 2 release and beta 3 release.

Archived