Why is my Left Back so important?

I have noticed a very odd thing lately.

I am playing Liverpool in 2014/2015 and it seems that the Left Back is the most important part of my team somehow.

No matter what formation I play (4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-3-3, etc.) AND no matter who is my left back (Insua, Arbeloa, Diego Renan) he ALWAYS has the most passes and crosses in the game.

Now arguably, most of my tactics are meant to utilize two Wing Backs (Glen Johnson and Diego Renan currently) BUT...the Left Back has way more passes and crosses than the Right Back, no matter who plays in the positions.

But the thing is...I can't figure out WHY this happens. Why is it that the left side of my team seems to be the dominant side?

The only thing that I can think of is that generally speaking when I have 2 Central Midfielders, the one to the left side is more Defensive and the one to the right side is Attacking.

Any thoughts on this? It would be nice to know WHY this is happening so I can force it to happen on the right side if that Wing Back happens to be better.

Have you tried making the right sided player the DM? I think it will be related. If the DM is instructed not to go forward, run with ball, play simple game etc, then the full back is probably his best outlet. This would result in him getting the ball a lot, especially if you also have the DM to hold up the ball.

Archived