Database Problem - PLEASE HELP

rhombus46

Hello,

I recently downloaded Football Manager 2010 and I noticed that I cannot select Germany in the nations list and they don't appear anywhere in the database in game. However, in the editor everything seems to be in its place (ie all the clubs are there, etc.) After an extensive amount of googling, I found two other people with the same problem (see threads here and here) Please read those threads, they run through a lot of the early attempts and fixes and include some good background on the apparent nature of the problem.

Their threads both end abruptly and I think they both gave up on the game. I'm not inclined to give up, I'm inclined to look for a database-related solution. So, I've posted this in a few different places to get some different input. I'll take any suggestions about how to proceed.

However, please note I've re-installed several times, re-downloaded the game, even re-installed Windows much in the same fashion as the other folks in the threads I listed above.

Anyone have any new ideas?

This is not an editor problem if you do not load any additional xml files. You should post this in the bugs forum.

Thanks. I have posted it there. I posted it a few different places, looking for additional ideas and feedback. One idea that I had is related to this forum specifically. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone else to provide me with a .xml of just the German leagues, extracted from the overall database and see if they could be added in that way.

Is this not the same as all license issues?

Can't he just visit the Susie (sortitoutsi.net) forums to solve this?

No, that's not a licence issue, there is no restriction to select and play the German league.

You can download a file here and try it out:

www.llmaddicted.com/FM2010Editor/Germany.zip

Thanks very much for providing that.

OK, that worked to get me through to the next problem. Now, when I select Germany as a playable nation and press Start Game, I get a warning that says "Cannot find setup_discipline_rules function for rule group", press OK, then get a warning saying "Cannot find setup_fixture_rules function for rule group", press OK, same warning appears nine times, Press OK every time.

The game continues to work and load. Then, the loading screen goes away and I'm left with another warning "array access out of bounds" The game then throws me to the Manager Status screen. I can set up a new manager etc. but if you go to the German clubs, none are affiliated with any leagues and when you click on a club and then click on fixtures, the game crashes out completely. It did produce a crash dump file if that's of use to anyone.

Any thoughts from here?

Didi you have downloaded and installed the patch 10.3?

It sounds to me that the game is not properly installed and some files are missed.

Yes, patched to 10.3 and re-installed several times to insure all files are installed properly.

Archived