The World Clan CM03/04 >>in-Game Thread<<

Kozak

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

leverkussenheaderjpeg.jpg

Leverkussen boss Simon Austen was considering his future at the German first Division club this morning. After 3 seasons in Charge he has failed to finish above 11th despite haveing a team with so much more potential.

"I have to look at where the club are going and how far I can take this team. The finacial restraints on the club are putting pressure on the club and the wages we offer are sturggling to attract quality players."

Recently the club failed in their attempt to buy Portugese International Petit. They couldn't agree terms on the out of contract midfielder.

This with 2 poor losses at Athletic and then at home to Celtic has definitly given the manager som casue for concern

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Injury storm looks like preventing Atlético moving to the Premiership

With being the best team in the league for about half the season, a huge injury blow has made the promotion chances for Atletico de Madrid much smaller. Manager Kozakedez is missing each game about 8 players where are 5/6 definitely starters in.

Further some referee decissions were against the best team of Madrid. Lots of cards made Contra & Paolo Montero (34 year old captain) being banned almost every bloody game. The last injuries give the manager an almost impossible task to take the team to the European Premiership. The whole starting defense with Coco, Montero, Padoin (all injured for many weeks) and Milito (banned) cant play. The youth must keep Atletico in the fight what will be difficult with a huge program with top teams Anderlecht and rival Mallorca coming up.

Other names that are missing at the moment are Fernando Torres, Oberemko and some others.

The following results and a strong Anderlecht (well done Alexis icon13.gif) took Atletico back from the top of the table.

The results:

Hertha BSC vs Atletico Madrid 1-6 (4x Torry)

FAcup 3rd round Atletico Madrid vs Parma 4-1 (2x Torry)

Atletico Madrid vs Celtic 0-1 (20-3 in shots icon_mad.gif)

Panathinaikos vs Atletico Madrid 2-1

Deportivo La Coruna vs Atletico Madrid 1-3

Atletico Madrid vs Sporting Lissaboa 0-1

FAcup 4rd round Atletico Madrid vs Mallorca 0-1

Atletico Madrid vs Paris-SG 1-1

Basel vs Atletico Madrid 0-0 (Striker poorness this time of the season)

Atletico Madrid vs Celta de Vigo 2-1 (srz Nitey Simon)

PSV vs Atletico Madrid 2-1 (Montero gets red on a Robben dive; PSV wins then tnx to the ref icon_redface.gif)

Atletico Madrid vs Leverkussen 4-0 (The comeback from Djourou with 2 goals hammered Siaus to a big loss)

Atletico Madrid vs Real Madrid 2-0 (Djourou killed the madrid rivals again)

Bologna vs Atletico Madrid 1-3 (Finally an easy away win with already Montero and Coco missing)

We will see if my B-team defense can do it icon13.gif

Sorry if this ruins your update thread, but I am interested to know about your game. I was wondering what happens champions league wise, I mean you have all the good teams in these 3 leagues or so. so what happens when one of you play hampions league. Will it be near enough an automatic win?

Offcourse the Champions League is less hard than the league, but it is much harder to get in it. Further the Champions League isn't that hard if you only start a 1 country game (full detail) in a NOT-edt filed game.

Teams outside the country like Middlesbrough, Bochum, Torino etc. can still be very tough.

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Latest Scores

Marseille 3-2 Chelsea W

Bayern 1-2 Marseille W

Wisla 1-3 Marseille (FA Cup) W

Blackburn 2-1 Marseille L

Marseille 2-3 Udinese L

Marseille 0-1 Milan L

Roma 5-2 Marseille L

Bayern 1-6 Marseille (FA Cup) W

Newcastle 1-2 Marseille W

Marseille 1-1 Betis D

Marseille 3-1 Man Utd W

Inter 1-4 Marseille (FA Cup)

Arsenal 2-0 Marseille L

Marseille 2-1 Barce W

Marseille 4-1 Roma (FA Cup) W

Marseille 1-1 Lyon D

Juventus 1-1 Marseille D

Liverpool 0-2 Marseille W

Current League Position = 3rd

Marseille havent been in great form recently and currently lie 8 points adrift of joint league leaders Udinese and Bayern. With only 7 games to go Marseille will need a miracle if they are going to win the league, their manager however is happy with 3rd place and a Champions League spot in their first season in the top flight. Jones refused to deny rumours that he is interested in joining the recently vacated managers job at Juventus instead saying only that he is looking forward to the last few games of the season with Marseille which includes a FA cup semi-final against Lyon.

Top Scorers

Pazzini 28

Owen 16

Grisales 8

Castillo 6

Summer Signings:

Matteo Brighi

Robin Faber

Civard Sprockel

David asked me to post his report for him, as he cannot sign up as forum member. And oh, may I mention that he is a very good writer:

blackburnheaderjpeg.jpg

Blackburn team report – Game date : April 2006

The helter-skelter ride continues for Blackburn in their first European Premiership season, with a bizarre series of results that saw them lose three games in a row at Ewood Park before inflicting a crushing 7-2 defeat upon Ajax at the Arena in Amsterdam. Manager Dave Spliff took this opportunity to remind the press of their predictions at the start of the season, when so many of the pundits had tipped Blackburn for automatic relegation. “Not only are we safe with over a month to go†he pointed out, “but we have been more than a match for many of the top teams, and with a little more realism we could have been challenging for a place in Europe. Still, it’s very encouraging for next season, and we’re heading in the right direction.†Interestingly, Spliff refused to comment on the linking of his name to several top European clubs, though he did answer questions concerning his relations with the board of directors, in his usual direct manner: “I answer to the fans, first and foremost, whereas the board answers to the club’s creditors –banks, in case that wasn’t clear enough. Ideally, every person working at the club should stick to doing what they’re best at, but unfortunately in practice there has to be a degree of compromise, and so far I’ve had to make the best of what little I’ve been given. Certain board members have made disparaging comments concerning my loyalty to Blackburn, which it would be beneath me to reply to; they would do well to remember the shape the club was in barely three seasons ago –an ageing, overpaid squad of whining has-beens, dragging the club towards a large debt and the cesspit of the lower divisions. Next question?â€

In the team news this month, defensive stalwart Djimi Traoré suffered a broken ankle during a game and will be out for the rest of the season. It is hoped he will be back from injury around August. Young striker Benny Onwuachi recently scored his 5Oth goal for the club, a fine record for the 21-year-old Nigerian who greeted the news with a smile: “I hadn’t really kept count, but my game has improved since I’ve been here, and hopefully will keep improving.†Fellow Nigerian youngster Isaah Eliakwu, since his arrival from Italy last winter, has also shown signs of dazzling talent, prompting ‘veteran’ goleador Dwight Pezzarossi, 26, to express his satisfaction with the club’s recruitment policy: “The squad keeps getting better, even though there is so little money to spend –there’s more competition for places, and everyone is sharper, more focused. It’s what the team needs, we all understand that.â€

So with the final sprint approaching in the league campaign, and the team still involved in the UEFA cup, things are busier than ever around Ewood Park. Plans to augment the stadium’s capacity are currently being considered, but no-one knows as yet where the money will come from. No doubt it will be another eventful summer at Blackburn, but much of what happens will be conditioned by the team’s results in those last few games, most of which will be played away from home. With the World Cup already looming in many of the players’ minds, manager Dave Spliff will be hoping his team can produce the kind of form that saw them win the FA cup last year, and can continue to surprise fans and pundits alike with the quality of its football.

[This message was edited by Marlow on 28 February 2004 at 18:41.]

Season 2005/2006 has finished. The 8th season of this clan!

Premiership

premier-season3jpeg.jpg

The hungry clans' host Kuky took the title over defending champions FC Bayern. The mighty Olympique Marseille took the European FA Cup. Good job Kuky and Andy with this. ALso great stuff by the others as newcomers in the highest European division after promotion from First Division.

Topscorers:

1. Dino Fava Passaro (Udinese) >>> 45 goals icon_eek.gif

2. Ãlvaro Recoba (Inter) >>> 24 goals

3. Giampaolo Pazzini (Marseille) >>> 23 goals

4. Diego (Lyon) >>> 21 goals

5. Adrian Mutu (Chelsea) >>> 20 goals

European 1st Division

1stdiv-season3jpeg.jpg

Anderlecht in Premiership. Who can believe this. No jokes about these Belgiums anymore after a fantastic 2nd part of the season. Myself also took Atletico in my first season to Premiership. I am happy. Hopefully Pavle will win the playoffs final to make the number of human in Premiership to 8 next season. Simon Toroskainen took Celta from an impossible relegation spot to midtable after winning almost all his games at the end. He, Mika and Siauss will go for promotion next year. Loanings from the Premiership humans is a big possibility.

Topscorers:

1. Orri Freyr Oskarsson (Atl.Madrid) >>> 29 goals

2. Rubén Navarro (Hertha BSC) >>> 25 goals

3. Alexander Iashvili (Porto) >>> 23 goals

4. Diogo Rincón (Dinamo Kiev) >>> 22 goals

5. Arjen Robben (PSV) >>> 22 goals

I enjoyed this season even with these frustration with injuries at my squad. Hope to see you all back next season. We 11 look all very reliable. 2 more reliable members would make it perfect.

liverpoolheaderjpeg.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kozak:

I enjoyed this season even with these frustration with injuries at my squad. Hope to see you all back next season. We 11 look all very reliable. 2 more reliable members would make it perfect._<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least someone was happy icon_mad.gif

The Liverpool season after a great start ONE AGAIN icon_mad.gif went bloody downhill and to make things worse.....

I.........

GOT THE BOOT With a few games to go.

Results started to drop after the 4-1 away loss to Milan and then home victories were hard to come by, away rersults were ab****e pish and the while season went to pot. icon13.gif

The only good things were that tall Daniel Van Bueyten arrived to strengthing the defence and Siyabonga Nomvete played well but Europe has gone again.

Will anything go right? Probably not!

Here's to next season where I will KILL Kuky's Udinese witha secret ploy icon_biggrin.gif

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Latest Scores

Marseille 1-0 Lyon (FA Cup)

Marseille 0-0 Lazio

Inter 1-5 Marseille

Marseille 1-0 Dortmund

Schalke 0-3 Marseille

Marseille 5-0 Ajax

Chelsea 1-1 Marseille

Marseille 3-0 Bayern

Marseille 2-0 Lazio (FA Cup)

Final League Position - 3rd

FA Cup Winners

Transfers In

Mateo Brighi

Robin Faber

Civard Sprockel

Jan Koller

Glen Johnson

Transfers Out

Boumsong

Vedran Runje

Michael Owen (hopefully)

Marseille manager Jones hopes to add a world class central defender to his squad as well as another striker should Owen decide to leave. The Marseille manager admitted to being p*ssed off with his greedy money grabbing reserves who refuse to leave the club no matter how many times he beats them up or verbally destroys them in the press.

Available for free:

Sunday Oliseh

Stepan Vachousek

Michel Dos Santos

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Club Atlético de Madrids' season ends in 2nd place with promotion

Manager Kozakedez promised the fans promotion to European Premiership in two seasons and playoffs in the 1st full season. The greedy ******* did better and took promotion in the first year with a rebuilded squad. In a great play till just after Christmas Atlético played the best soccer of the whole first division. Signings Johannes Djourou and Orri Freyr Oskarsson took the team to incredibly heights. Just before the fantastic run came to an end Atlético hammered nr 3 Hertha BSC with 6-1 at Berlin. That was probably the best game of the season. But problems cam up just after. Player after player became injured and refs gave red cards all the time. So it came up to the young signings of Kozakedez to stay in the fight for promotion.

Belgiums Anderlecht (Alexis Manson) speeded themselfs past Atletico in the standings and also Mallorca (Pavle Fairhurst) became second. Promotion became a big question for Kozakedez with the struggle of player availablity. Midseason signings Toro, Carlton Cole and loaning Michael Rensing were a scream to replace his injured and hurted star players. It came out on a extremely tight end with Pavles' RCD Mallorca. A game at HSV was lost after being up 2-0 and the game at Fenerbahce (from Mika) became a 1-1 after Aganzo missed a penalty and huge chance on rebound. Luckily Pavle lost at Paris-SG (my old team). Atlético needed to win both last games to secure the second place.

The first game at home against nr 19 Olympiakos should become a win. Strangely it was the pressure that took the team back to high things. Atlético won 6-0 with 5 goals scored by the strikers. 3 by Oskarsson and 2 by leaving striker Nikolaidis.

Last match was away at good performing FC Porto the number 7 of the league. With captain Montero just back from long injury struggle and a very young midfield [20, 18, 19, 20] the team played the best away game of the end of the season. A fast goal from striker Oskarsson gave rest and at the end it was 3-0 and promotion for the Spanish team. Luckily Pavles' Mallorca also promoted after the playoff win against Hertha BSC.

So Atletico Madrid is bigger than Real now!!! icon_razz.gif

New season:

Atletico de Madrid will get a hard season in Premier. Each week playing against the 19 best teams of the world. Manager Kozakedez might be happy with a low midtable place as there are teams that have millions to spend and there is no Abramovic at Madrid.

Atletico already sold backup midfielder Duljaj for 2.6m to Arsenal London. The supporters werent happy with that. Another shock for the supporters was the fact Kozak wants to sell Atletico product Fernando Torres for a believed 9-11m Pound. A deal with Internationale Milan nearly went through but Kozak didnt acept the players in the exchange deal offered by Inter. Atletico got a deal with Brazilian defender Eduardo Alcides from Vitoria. A deal like that didnt went through 1 year ago due to work permit. Left defenders Coco (on loan from Inter) and Jakobson (575k buy from PSV) are two signings already made. Icelandic Forward Kristianson came in from Bologna where he was a sub for a fee believed just under 2m. "He impressed me at Marseille" was the answer by Kozak.

It is believed Kozak looks to strenghten his team more in his fight to stay in Premiership.

New clan rule:

The diablo formation isn't allowed as it's a cheat in the game! See several threads around the forum.

This is a formation like this on midfield.:

______________________X________/|\_________X__________________________

________________________________|_____________________________________

/|\______________________________|________________________________/|\__

_|______________________________|_________________________________|___

_X______________________________X_________________________________X___

Tnx already for not spoiling the fun for us all. icon_smile.gif

Season 4 gonna start tomorrow for European Premiership

udineseheaderjpeg.jpg

Udinese (Kuky), defending champion and so a big favourite for the title. His biggest signing is Croatian Leko from Dinamo Kiev. Can he beat FC Bayern again.

marseilleheaderjpeg.jpg

Olympique Marseille (Andy Jones), Cup winner last season. Will fight with Kuky for the Charrity Shield. Became 3rd last season. Brazilian wonderkid Robinho, Czech iron Jan Koller and central defender Ayala are his big improvements and so Marseille is among the 5 super favourites.

lyonheaderjpeg.jpg

Olympique Lyon (Tom Williams), The team that just missed Champions League qualification last year. The team with probably the best youth from the game of football. Pazzini will be even better this year. Same for Adriano and Diego. New signing Andrés D'Allessandro is probably the most important new player. A team also in the top 5 favourites among also FC Bayern and AC Milan.

blackburnheaderjpeg.jpg

Blackburn Rovers (David Manson), A surprisingly doing low budget team. The has the flair with a new player called Estefania. This team was midtable last season after winning the cup the year before. Surely a team to look at and maybe European Football qualification. The bookmakers see him struggle against relegation with 1-200

liverpoolheaderjpeg.jpg

Liverpool FC (Martin Buchan), a team that ended midtable last season. The team that didnt look to improve enough to deal higher in the league this year. We don't know what for surprise Mr Buchan can make this season. Maybe some French talents can break through. John Harley is one of the signings. He cam from Atletico Madrid. We will see if the reds can do better than last season.

anderlechtheaderjpeg.jpg

Anderlecht (Alexis Manson), A surprisingly name between all the top teams in European Premiership. The team from Belgium did it with especially high talented foreigners like Dario Silva, Philippe Mexes and De la Cuesta. A team to look at which is 1-150 at the bookmakers. It is a question what the champion of European 1st division can do in Premiership.

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

Atlético Madrid (Kozak), the team that nearly got promoted last season from first division. The team that sold for about 14m Pound with big names as Fernando Torres (Man Utd), Igor Duljaj (Arsenal) and Aganzo (Real Madrid) leaving the club. Just two expensive players came back. Panamanian "unsportive" midfielder came from Osasuna for 8m. Former Spanish international Gèrard cam over from FC Barcelona for 2.3m. The bookmakers see this team as one of the biggest relegation favourites with bets around 1-200.

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

RCD Mallorca (Pavle Fairhurst), the team that promoted thanks to the playoffs last season with a win against Hertha BSC. A team that loaned Capo and probably has to deal with the lowest budget this season. There are still some huge talented players in the team that hasn't changed a lot according to last year. Hopes for Mallorca are on the three well talented strikers. The bookmakers gave them 1-300. With this team you can earn most money icon_wink.gif.

Other teams in the European Premier league are: FC Bayern, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter Milan, AS Roma, Lazio Roma, FC Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Ajax.

European First Division already kicked off

Four human managers kicked off their season start already.

Bologna (Simon Austen aka Big Eric), with a new manager maybe new glory at Bologna. A team with decent players had a bad season last year. This year must become better. We will see.

Fenerbahce (Mika Nihtilä), was in the fight for playoffs last season for some time. STar striker Aghahowa must lead the team to a high place in the table. The manager known as a big Athlete himself must prove he is ready for Premiership. The start was good with a win over league favourites Valencia. A Valencia without Pablo Aimar who left to AC Milan.

Celta de Vigo (Simon Toroskaine), a team that was bottum long time last season. At the end they won a lot and stayed in. Can be seen as one of the teams that can promote. Signings were big names for first division. Jesuli & Torades can become a sensation on front. They started with a 2-2 at home against PSV with Robben hammering.

Deportivo La Coruna (Rav), last but not least our last new member from Poland. Deportivo that is struggling for years and got several manager need to get on track soon. Ending near the playoffs would be great for this new manager. The start was not good with a 5-2 loss.

lyonheaderjpeg.jpg

Lyon just miss out on fourth Champions League place

After a poor start to the last season it looked as though newly promoted Lyon would be going straight back down to the First Division, but after putting together a remarkable 16 game unbeaten run in all competitions they managed to finish 5th in the League, qualifying for the Waiffa Cup and ending the season just 3 points behind 4th placed Meelan whilst also reaching the Semi Finals of the FA Cup, loosing out to Andy's Marseille, and the Quarters of the Worthless Cup, where they just lost out to the Lucio inspired Newcastle.

Summer Signings

Jan Kristiansen from Juventus / exchanged for Malouda

Malbranque from Valencia for 4.1 Million

Andres D'Allesandro from Wolfsburg for 1.9 Million

Bellini from Roma for 500k

Ray Adams from Teplice for 230k

Steve Burns from Man Utd for 300k

Bachini from AC Milan for 550k

Marouno from AC Milan for 400k

Players Out

Diarra to Bastia for £3.5M

Malouda to Juve exchange

Cacapa to Free

Nothing much was expected from Tom Williams' side this time last year, but after qualifying for Europe last season the pressure is now on them to do well in the League once again and also to have a good run in the UEFA Cup. Will his players be able to cope with these huge expectations, time will tell. Their league campaign kicks off tonight at home to Newcastle, followed by a tough away game at newly promoted Mallorca, the Lyon fans will be hoping, and expecting their side to pick up at least three points from these opening games.

The Division 1 selection of last season:

Last time we look back to last season.

________________________________Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)

Zoltan Sebescen (Anderlecht)___G.Seitaridis (PAO)_____J.Yobo (Paris-SG)_________W.Bouma (PSV)

O.Oskarsson (Atletico Madrid)___J.Vogel (PSV)______J.Djourou (Atletico Madrid)___M.Zonneveld (Real Madrid)

____________Diogo Rincon (Din.Kiev)__________________Rubén Navarro (Hertha BSC)

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

R.D.C Mallorca Season Preview:

'El comienzo de una nueva era' - MARCA

Today la Marca proclaimed the start of a new era for the small Balearic club as they announced their arrival to the Premiership via a playoff win over Hertha.

Although expected to fight relegation, Mallorca surpriesd the President, bookies, fans and even their manager as they gained promotion to the Premier League for the first time in their history.

Altas:

Motta(Barca) - 12 month loan

Capi(Betis) - 12 month loan

Bajas:

Ciurlizza- Free

Lussenhoff - Free (Celta)

Robles - Free

Opinión:

This season will once again see the eternal fight against the wage bill. With several players contracts due to expire at the end of the season Pavles first priority must be to ensure all key players agree to renew. Todorov and Santana - the two highest earners - have both agreed to a wage cut of £10k per week. An extra 4,000 seats at the Son Moix brings the capacity now to 31,500 but means no money is available to strengthen the squad. Opinion is divided as to whether Mallorca can once again be the surprise team. Although experts agree that the first 11 will be competitive, Mallorca's small squad means modest position is expected.

Sistema: 4-4-2

Pavle prefers a defensive 4-4-2 with the attack focused on the wings. Often criticised for being too defensive, the team have struggled when the opposition have sat back. Pavle has also been know to play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1 but this is unlikly due to the lack of quality midfielders available too him.

Sus Jugadores:

Leo Franco (Portero) - Been at Mallorca since 98 and assured of his place. Very reliable but sometimes weak on backpasses.

Alberto (Portero) - Reserve goalkeeper who always makes mistakes. Pavle must hope he doesnt play this season.

Murray (Defensa) - Scottish international defender signed by previous manager Jaime Pacheco. Solid full-back but lacks height.

González (Defensa) - 31 year old Columbian with 44 caps. Attacking full-back with a great shot and cross.

Albrechtsen (Defensa) - 26 year old Danish international. Strong, aggressive and the key to the Mallorca defence.

Hubschamn (Defensa) - 24 year old Czech with 17 caps. Currently Mallorca record signing costing £6m. Iron-willed, determined and a ferocious tackle.

Morgan (Defensa) - 22 year old English defender. Great defensive attributes and sure to add experience this season.

Poli (Defensa) - Spanish left-back but rarely used.

Kosowski (Medio) - Polish winger who blends pace and crossing with high work rate and determination. Openly questioned Pavle's ability.

Santana (Medio) - 24 year old former Argentinian U21 winger. Most flamboyant player in the team. Pace, technique, dribble, cross, shot... he has it all.

Molina (Medio) - 26 year old Columbian international. The creative player in the centre of the Mallorca midfield. Flamboyant yet workman like.

Kaluzny (Medio) - Polish international with 46 caps. The engine and brains of the team. Its vital he stays clear of injury if Mallorca are to be a success.

Capi (Medio) - On a years loan from Betis. A former star in Pavle's all winning Betis team.

Motta (Medio) - Despite holding 3 Brazilian caps Motta has struggled at Barca and looks to launch his career during a years loan at Mallorca.

Carignano (Delantero) - 23 year old Argentinian with 3 caps. Mallorca's all time top scorer despite his young age. Usually plays as target man along side either Nonda or Todorov.

Todorov (Delantero) - 21 year old Bulgarian. Quick, good dribble and lethal finisher. Often overlooked in favour of Nonda but Pavle expects Todorov to make a big impact this season.

Nonda (Delantero) - 29 year old with 15 goals in 20 international games. Strength, pace, flair and dribble mean hes trouble for any defender. Signed on a free after a serious injury but back to his best.

Enerly (Delantero) - Flamboyant striker but well past his best.

With odds of 300-1 to win the league it looks as though Mallorca are in for a hard season...

anderlechtheaderjpeg.jpg

CANAL + UPDATE

Anderlecht faces tough test in the Premiership

Anderlecht won the First Division after an exciting finish to the season. Here are last season's results:

Mon, 18.7.2005 19:30 A AZ Friendly 1 : 0

Sat, 30.7.2005 15:00 A Blackburn Friendly 0 : 2

Mon, 1.8.2005 19:30 A Club Brugge Friendly 3 : 0

Fri, 5.8.2005 20:00 A Chester Friendly 1 : 0

Sun, 7.8.2005 15:00 A Hull Friendly 1 : 0

Wed, 10.8.2005 20:00 A Westerlo Friendly 2 : 0

Sat, 13.8.2005 15:00 H Basel First Division 4 : 0

Wed, 17.8.2005 19:45 H Benfica League Cup 1st Rnd 2 : 2

Sat, 20.8.2005 15:00 H PSV First Division 2 : 0

Wed, 24.8.2005 19:30 A Celta First Division 3 : 0

Sat, 27.8.2005 15:00 A Leverkusen First Division 1 : 0

Sat, 3.9.2005 15:00 H Dinamo Kiev First Division 1 : 1

Wed, 7.9.2005 19:30 A Real Madrid First Division 1 : 3

Sat, 17.9.2005 15:00 H Bologna First Division 4 : 0

Sat, 24.9.2005 15:00 A Sampdoria First Division 1 : 0

Wed, 28.9.2005 19:30 H Parma First Division 0 : 0

Sat, 1.10.2005 15:00 A Shakhtar First Division 1 : 1

Mon, 10.10.2005 19:30 H Anderlecht Reserves Friendly 2 : 0

Wed, 19.10.2005 19:30 A Hertha BSC First Division 1 : 1

Sat, 22.10.2005 15:00 A HSV First Division 0 : 2

Wed, 26.10.2005 19:30 H Mallorca First Division 1 : 0

Sat, 29.10.2005 15:00 H Valencia First Division 0 : 2

Sat, 5.11.2005 15:00 A Fenerbahçe First Division 0 : 0

Wed, 9.11.2005 19:30 H Olympiakos First Division 5 : 0

Sat, 26.11.2005 15:00 A Celtic First Division 2 : 1

Wed, 30.11.2005 19:30 A Porto First Division 2 : 3

Sat, 3.12.2005 15:00 H Atlético Madrid First Division 1 : 1

Sat, 10.12.2005 15:00 H PAO First Division 2 : 0

Sat, 17.12.2005 15:00 A Sporting First Division 6 : 1

Mon, 26.12.2005 15:00 H Deportivo First Division 2 : 0

Wed, 28.12.2005 19:30 A Paris-SG First Division 1 : 1

Sun, 1.1.2006 15:00 A Basel First Division 3 : 0

Sat, 7.1.2006 15:00 A Rangers FA Cup 3rd Rnd 4 : 2

Wed, 11.1.2006 19:30 H Celta First Division 2 : 0

Sat, 14.1.2006 15:00 A PSV First Division 1 : 1

Sat, 21.1.2006 15:00 A Dinamo Kiev First Division 2 : 1

Wed, 25.1.2006 19:30 H Leverkusen First Division 3 : 1

Sat, 28.1.2006 15:00 H Milan FA Cup 4th Rnd 0 : 0

Wed, 1.2.2006 19:30 H Real Madrid First Division 3 : 0

Sat, 4.2.2006 15:00 A Bologna First Division 3 : 0

Sat, 11.2.2006 15:00 A Milan FA Cup 4th Rnd Rep 0 : 2

Wed, 15.2.2006 19:30 H Sampdoria First Division 2 : 0

Sat, 18.2.2006 15:00 A Parma First Division 2 : 0

Wed, 22.2.2006 19:30 H Shakhtar First Division 1 : 0

Sat, 25.2.2006 15:00 A Mallorca First Division 1 : 1

Sat, 4.3.2006 15:00 H Hertha BSC First Division 3 : 0

Sat, 11.3.2006 15:00 H HSV First Division 2 : 0

Wed, 15.3.2006 19:30 A Valencia First Division 0 : 4

Sat, 18.3.2006 15:00 H Fenerbahçe First Division 1 : 1

Sun, 26.3.2006 15:00 A Olympiakos First Division 0 : 0

Wed, 5.4.2006 19:30 H Porto First Division 0 : 3

Sun, 9.4.2006 15:00 A PAO First Division 2 : 1

Sat, 15.4.2006 15:00 A Atlético Madrid First Division 0 : 1

Sat, 22.4.2006 17:30 H Celtic First Division 8 : 0

Sat, 29.4.2006 15:00 H Sporting First Division 1 : 2

Sat, 6.5.2006 15:00 A Deportivo First Division 3 : 0

Sun, 14.5.2006 15:00 H Paris-SG First Division 2 : 1

They thoroughly deserved it in the end, but the true quality of the team will only be revealed at the end of this season, when they will have played all of the biggest teams in Europe. There is little doubt they have the quality to stay clear of relegation, but it's all a matter of whether the new signings gel in time.

Players In:

Laurent Robert AM/FL Free

Fabio Rochemback DMR/C Free

Silvinho D/DML Free

Robbie Keane FC £3.9 million

Pablo Oscar Cavallero GK £1.5 million

Nyron Nosworthy DR/C £1.1 million

Edgaras Jankauskas SC Free

Demetrio Albertini MC £160k

Ricardo Quaresma AM/FR Loan

El-Hadji Diouf FR/C Loan

Players Out:

Dario Silva FC £220k

Stijn Janssens GK £1.3 million

Manuel Jose AMR/C £500k

Muzzy Izzet AMC £450k

Anderlecht has had a mixed start to the season, with Robbie Keane struggling to find his marks in his new team. He had a 3 on his 3rd match, and has not scored a single goal in 7 games. Anderlecht were desperately missing Julien Rantier, their star striker, in their first few games. However he was soon back from injury and despite being a bit short physically, has already scored 6 goals in 3 games, including a hat-trick against rivals Atletico Madrid. Anderlecht currently has 7 points from 6 games, and are well away from the relegation zone. The next game is against Udinese at home, managed by tactical genius Kukyman. Anderlecht are the underdogs but will rely on their good form to hopefully win this game. Here are Anderlecht's first few results of the season:

Sun, 16.7.2006 15:00 A Blackburn Friendly 1 : 0

Thu, 20.7.2006 19:30 A Man Utd Friendly 0 : 2

Sun, 23.7.2006 15:00 H Blackburn Friendly 1 : 0

Sat, 29.7.2006 15:00 H Fenerbahçe Friendly 0 : 0

Wed, 2.8.2006 19:30 H Aston Villa Friendly 2 : 0

Sat, 5.8.2006 15:00 A Blackburn Friendly 0 : 2

Sat, 12.8.2006 15:00 A Willem II Friendly 3 : 0

Sat, 19.8.2006 15:00 A Man Utd Premier Division 0 : 2

Wed, 23.8.2006 19:30 H Ajax Premier Division 3 : 0

Sat, 26.8.2006 15:00 A Marseille Premier Division 0 : 1

Sat, 2.9.2006 15:00 H Lazio Premier Division 1 : 2

Mon, 18.9.2006 19:45 A Milan Premier Division 1 : 1

Sat, 23.9.2006 15:00 H Atlético Madrid Premier Division 3 : 2

Tue, 26.9.2006 19:45 A Bordeaux League Cup 2nd Rnd 4 : 0

atleticoheaderjpeg.jpg

The new season has kicked off for the new season

Atletico Madrid started the season as relegation favourites after their promotion to European Premiership. In this article we will look back at the past weeks to see if the Madrid board is right in expecting relegation this year.

With a very bad preseason Atletico de Madrid was hard looking for some new players. They didnt succeed fully. The transfer of Fabio Cannavaro was cancelled for some strange reason and the 2.5m transfer from Ajax striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic won't go through till 1 january 2007 as he is loaned out to Hamburger SV.

Preseason results:

Celta (Div 1) vs. Atletico Madrid 2-0

Atletico B vs. Atletico Madrid 0-1

Albacete vs. Atletico Madrid 2-1

Belenenses vs. Atletico Madrid 1-3

Atletico Madrid vs. Arsenal (Premier) 1-0

What players must keep Atletico in European Premiership:

Goalkeepers

--->Tom Peters [GK]

Must show his quality now in his second season at Madrid. Is only 23 years old yet and came from Dutch masters Ajax last season. Played a strange first season, but was selected as bench keeper in the First Division selection of the year after Iker Casillas.

--->Michael Rensing [GK]

Goalkeeper loaned from Germans FC Bayern. Was loaned at the end of last season also when Peters picked up an injury. Impressed in the game he played and is back now. Normally a back-up.

Defense

--->Simone Padoin [sW/D/DM r/l/c]

Allround defender with high injury proness. Questionable if he ever can make more than 20 games a season as he gets injured almost every game. Was most expensive signing last year, but has to prove him still.

--->Gabriel Milito [sW/D c]

Fullback came from Zaragoza last season. Havent proved himself with some major defensive errors. Manager Kozakedez didnt search for nothing for a new defensive master. He didn't found him so a new chance for Milito this year.

--->Paolo Montero [sW/D c]

Old 34 year old captain of the team. By far the most oldest player at the biggest club of Madrid icon_razz.gif. Lots of cards usually, but also solid as a rock most of the times.

--->Cosmin Contra [D r]

Romanian fullback Contra seemed to weak last season. Kozakedez searched for replacing him. He bought German Sebastian Beckert. Contra will struggle for being a starter.

--->Francesco Coco [D/DM l]

Loaned also last season from Inter Milan. His prize tag was the main he reason he is not bought but loaned again. A decent fullback that gives some experience to the young Atletico squad.

--->Michael Jakobsen [D/DM l]

A Danish fullback that flow in from PSV after his contract expired. He will get a tough challenge to knock out Coco. He has the future and will get at least some playing time in the different cups.

--->F.Lamotte [D r/c]

German defender. Not a super talent not great ability. His quality is his head. Normally not too many games for this player who did quite good in preseason.

--->F.Montanari [D c]

Just signed as the deal with Cannavaro felt through. Is 18 years old and probably too young for Premiership. Came from AS Roma youth. Has considerable talent for his age. Could lead the Atletico U19 squad or come already in first team this year. Costed about 300k.

Midfield

--->Johannes Djourou [DM c]

What a flying carreer did this guy make sice he is at Madrid. At Arsenal he was just an Under 19 midfielder without first team chance. Kozakedez saw him during an U19 game when he was scouting somebody else. His leadership impressed Kozakedez. And so he appeared at Atletico. Last season he made a huge impact as 18 year old starter. His long shot goals brought him to the best 11 of the European First Division last year.

--->Sebastian Beckert [DM r/c]

New signing and came in for about 1 million Pound. The German was bought just before the transfer deadline. Can play as right fullback and defensive midfielder. We will see if he can impress.

--->Gerard [M c]

Unwanted at Barca and a Spanish star at Atletico. Things can go fast in a carreer. Star player at Valencia then making the big step to Barca what ends in a disappointment. Maybe his last chance to turn his carreer this year. Will get his matches as theirs lack of defensive midfielders in the squad.

--->Toró [AM/F r/c]

An undisclosed brilliant from Brazil. Landed in last season on a free transfer from Fluminense. HAs technique and dribbling. Looks like an allround attacking midfielder. Maybe a bit too young though to lead the team in Premiership.

--->C.Figueroa [AM r/l/c]

Last signing of the season landed in on the first September of 2006. The Guatamalian winger comes from Division 3 team Austria Vienna where he was out of contract. Picked up a broken foot in the match against Championship fighters Udinese. Will be sidelined for 4 months icon_mad.gif.

--->Christian Fiel [AM l]

Left winger who seems to be under discussion whereever he plays. Sub at Berlin but starter at Sheffield United. Not happy there and Kozakedez sees in him a winger that can surprise this year. Good crossing & dribble abbilities must bring him to the top. Finds some German friends at Madrid. Mostly a starter this season so far.

--->Georgi Andonov [AM l/c]

Bulgarian alround winger. An average of 7 didnt lack or impress many people last season. Might improve to keep his starting position of last season. Seems to be a substitute this year but played very good in the last cup match.

--->José Valdés [AM c]

Most expensive signing of the year. Costed the club 8m Pound what they got with the sale of Fernando Torres to Manchester United. People know him as an unsportive guy at Osasuna. Kozakedez thinks the team need unsportive play to save their lives in Premiership this year. Be awaired for his freekicks. Maybe they are better than those from Beckham.

--->Alvaro Delgado [F l/c]

Can play in attack as in left winger position. Still young spanish player who didn't make a huge impact yet. The Spanish youth international came from Lazio B-team last season. Expectations are him to be as reserve. As we said, still need to prove himself to everyone.

Attack

--->Orri Freyr Oskarsson [M/F r/c]

Bought for about 3m Pound before last season from Paris-SG. Used at the central striker. Combines pace and strength, but needs to improve to become a real killer. Keeps missing to much chances. Scored a threesome during last Icelandic game against Luxembourg.

--->Carlton Cole

The former Chelsea striker was bought last year when Atletico looked like to drop from the promotion places. Have only showed how you can miss the easiest chances. Relegated by the manager to the B-team. Showed to be a fighter to score twice in two games for the B-team. Got playing time in the cup match against Benfica and scored the only goal. Who knows......... however a new striker will fly in in January. Either Swede Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Chilean Salgado from Brescia.

--->Guayre [F c]

Bought for free from Villareal because of financial problems there. The Spanish forward played a decent preseason but really needs a target man around him. Till now Atletico has to play a defensive style with 1 striker what makes him nothing more than a substitute.

--->Abuda [F c]

Same as Guayre needs someone around him. Kozakedez saw in him a cheaper version of Robinho. Comes from Corinthians, but needs time to settle. The question if he gets this time.

Next update the past results will be discussed. I will say one thing: WE ARENT BOTTUM! icon_cool.gif

mallorcajpegheader.jpg

Mallorca Update:

Chelsea 0 - 2 Mallorca

Mallorca began life in the Premiership with a tough trip to Stamford Bridge. Although finishing a disappointing 16th last season, Chelsea had bolstered the squad by signing players such as England star David Beckham. However it proved to be a routine game for Mallorca as Pavle got his tactics spot-on. Beckham making his debut for Chelsea was shadowed in midfield by the aggressive Kaluzny and Crespo was dominated by Albrechtsen. Todorov grabbed the goals either side of half time as Mallorca showed they are more than capable of competing with the big boys.

Mallorca 0 - 3 Lyon

This was a human battle against Tom's youthful Lyon - but due to darts game Pavles assistant must be in charge. Lyon hammered Mallorca who never settled into the game. Adriano, who once chose Pavles Betis in favour of Tom, killed his old friend with 2 goals. Freddy William Thompson was also impressive and grabbed the third.

Barca 0 - 4 Mallorca

This game holds special significance for Pavle. Barcelona was the place it all began. Despite building the strongest ever Barca team - and with a deal in place to bring in Ruud van Nistelooij - Pavle was sacked due to the fans who didnt like his negative football. Pavle also clashed with the fans after controversially swapping Totti for the greedy Riquelme. The amazing squad built by Pavle declinde after he left and players eventually sold off - Lucio leaving for £40+m to Dortmund - and the Nistelrooij deal cancelled. Pavle got his revenge, just as he did at Betis. Molina (12), Kosowski (36), Morgan (48) and Todorov (56) got the goals as Mallorca hammered a poor Barca team. But the bad news was that Santana - who was in impressive form - wass injured for at least 5 months with a broken pelvis. Leo Franco also went off injured but was able to train the following day. Pavle thinks his team should bo more work with weights icon_biggrin.gif

Mallorca 2 - 0 Manchester United

Todorov scored the first after reacting quickly to Nondas shot which was only parried by Barthez in the 9th min. The second was a Kosowski freekick after O'Shea tripped Nonda. Albrechtsen was awarded MOM after marking Ruud out of the game.

Just to let you guys know I finally managed to register successfully, and can now contribute to the merry dance of the threads...

L'OM vaincra! (in real life, that is...) icon_wink.gif

PS: Technophobic dosser that I am, I wasn't sure how to insert the Blackburn header as I don't have the url (I just have it in 'My Documents')...any advice welcome...

http://home.hetnet.nl/~comvisser/blackburnheaderjpeg.jpg

Blackburn Rovers team report – Game date : September 2006

And so another season begins!

It’s been a busy summer at Ewood Park as the club is being restructured from top to bottom, both on and off the pitch. Part of the stands are still currently closed as new seating is being installed, and by January the capacity will have been brought up to a respectable 40.000. Manager Dave Spliff, who has repeatedly urged the board to do this in the past, is glad of the improvement although he confessed he had hoped for a greater increase in the available seating:

“In today’s football this is an absolute minimum for any self-respecting European Premiership side. In my view we owe the fans a little more ambition, particularly now that we have more a stable financial base.â€

The board declined to comment, though earlier this week a press release was issued stating that all of the club’s outstanding debts have been cleared, and that Spliff had agreed to an extension of his contract –no figures were given in either case.

“I’m happy with the way things are going, and although it’s flattering to be linked to bigger clubs, it’s even more satisfying to beat them on the pitch†said Spliff on the subject.

Blackburn’s Franco-Irish manager then agreed to describe the numerous changes in first-team personnel made over the summer.

“Starting at the back, we brought in Tim Howard as our new goalkeeper. Brad Friedel’s contract was coming to an end, and we’d come to a mutual agreement to let him go, but before he left he did us a big favour in helping to convince Tim that Ewood Park was the place for him.†This maintains the tradition of American goalkeepers at Rovers, and should provide a solid base upon which to rest –many observers questioned the wisdom of keeping him on the bench when he was at Manchester. Next up was the defence.

“Basically the back four remains unchanged, but the depth of the squad has improved a little with the arrivals of young Mellis (17) and Celestine Babayaro, who’ll be covering for James McEveley on the left. Unfortunately, Mathias (Doumbé) is out for another six weeks, but Lucas Neill has done a decent job of standing in.â€

The greatest changes were undoubtedly those involving midfield positions, with several important players leaving the club –most notably Brett Emerton (to Bayern), David Thompson (to Juventus), Barry Feguson and Steven Reid. Here is what Spliff had to say:

“There wasn’t much I could do about it. One of the priorities was to reduce the wage bill, and you can’t ask players of that calibre to take significant pay cuts after they helped achieve promotion. I can understand the fans’ disappointment, but the money brought in by these sales has banished –for good, I hope- the spectre of debt that’s been haunting the club for years, and put me in a position to bring in several players I’d had my eye on for a while. And although it’ll take some time before the team really starts performing as a collective unit, there’s no doubt in my mind that the overall strength of the squad has been improved.â€

This remains to be seen, but the arrivals of Sam Dalla Bona, Christoph Preub, Jochen Seitz, Steven Pienaar and Spanish under21 playmaker Oskitz Estefanía seem to have generated a lot of excitement around Ewood Park, and the Blackburn manager could not conceal his satisfaction regarding the quality of his new acquisitions.

“It’s an almost entirely new midfield, with several good bargains in the process, and I’m very happy with the way it’s turned out. I think more players now see Blackburn Rovers as a club that can help them develop both on and off the pitch. Unlike many other places, no-one here is much impressed with flash cars and designer clothing. Respect will come only when you’ve earned it, but it’ll be worth any magazine cover a thousand times over.â€

Recent signing Nathan Ellington was the only major change in the front line, and it is rumoured that Dwight Pezzarossi may be on his way out in January, with competition becoming fierce as Ben Onwuachi, Isaah Eliakwu and Stefan Moore vie for a place in the first eleven.

“No problems there†was Dave Spliff’s only comment, delivered with a wry grin.

Overall objectives are clear to the Blackburn manager:

“Obviously we must consolidate the club’s position within the European Premiership, and although the bookies have yet again tipped us for relegation (he rolls his eyes to the ceiling) I’m convinced we’re capable of doing it –I’ve even got a little money on us making the top 8 this year! Now that would really be something…â€

The interview trails off into casual conversation, and as it concludes I find myself staring out of the window in his office. Another level of scaffolding is being put up, and I cannot help but notice the analogy with what Spliff has done since he took charge of an ailing, ageing club lurking in the depths of the First Division. Hard to believe this was barely three seasons ago, and that he was initially dismissed by the Ewood Park faithful as being too inexperienced to make a decent job of it –yet piece by piece, and layer by layer, a fine edifice is being built, less theatrically perhaps than it was during the reign of Jack Walker and King Kenny, but one which may be better suited to carry the club towards long-term stability and success.blackburnheaderjpeg.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Shame you didnt write your report back to front otherwise it would of been great icon_smile.gif. Nice footer hehe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Champ, maybe next time i'll try that... icon_biggrin.gif

blackburnheaderjpeg.jpg

Blackburn Update - 1st November 2006

Mixed feelings at Ewood Park as the winter begins to set in. A howling wind greets your faithful reporter of the Rovers' Rag at the gates of the club, but soon enough access is granted to the now familiar clutter of manager Dave Spliff's office. The air is filled with the sharp, fruity tang that only the best Haze will give off, and his laptop fan seems curiously loud, briefly causing me to wonder whether it is physically possible to be affected by passive inhalation in so short a space of time.

"Feeling queasy, lad?" the latter followed by what I can only describe as a malevolent leer.

"Er...No...Er...Are you perhaps suffering from a long-term illness, or..." I smile to indicate my eagerness to hear of the plight which must require him to dull the pain with legally-controlled substances, and to dispel any impression that I might be versed in these matters.

"And that would be something to smile about, wouldn't it, you filthy little rat?"

"Er, no, I..."

"For Zidane's sake don't soil yourself man! Of course I'm not ill...We're sitting fifth in the European Premiership, and as I recall your simian friends in Fleet Street were fairly ****ing themselves over the inevitability of relegation barely three months ago."

"Well.."

"Well what, you loathsome zombified slug? Need I remind you of the words you wrote yourself?"

There was only one question I really wanted to ask now.

"Er...Could I possibly have a drag off that?"

Results

Chelsea 1, Blackburn 2.

Close game, this. Estefanía scored the only goal of the first half, a header from a cross by Ellington. On 68 mins Pablo Niño put Blackburn two-up with a superb solo run on the counter. Yakubu grabbed one back for Chelski with a superb lob over the onrushing Howard, who then redeemed himself with a brilliant last quarter of an hour, winning several duels against a fired-up Yakubu. Unlucky for Chelsea, but on the whole Rovers had produced more chances.

Blackburn 2, Lyon 1.

Even closer. There is a long history of draws between Blackburn and Tom Williams' youthful Lyon side. Things looked good for the visitors when on 41 mins Adriano scored a rebound from a Howard save, following a momentary lapse of reason by Djimi Traoré, who lost posession in his own half and with only the goalkeeper behind him. Yet two minutes later Martin Taylor equalized with a thumping header from the penalty spot. Estefanía's corner sat up nicely for the emblematic Blackburn stalwart, who scored his first of the season. The second half was a tense affair, but the stalemate was broken by impressive new signing Nathan Ellington half an hour from time. Rovers' defence held firm, and the three points put Blackburn in the top 6 for the first time in the club's European Premiership history.

Barcelona 0, Blackburn 3.

Manager Dave Spliff described this as "...the team's finest performance since I have been in charge at the club." Few of the Barça fans would disagree as the Catalans' season deteriorates even further, despite Javier Saviola's desperate attempts to shake his team-mates out of their torpour. Blackburn entirely dominated the game, which was marked by the conspicuous return of Dwight Pezzarossi, who bagged a double. The Guatemalan, it had been suggested, would leave the club during the January transfer window, but after the game Spliff made the following statement: "Dwight and I talked a lot over the past week, to discuss his future at the club, and I'm glad to say that the air is well and thoroughly cleared between us. Besides, he understands the need for a certain amount of rotation as well as anyone else, and may simply have felt unduly threatened by the arrival of Nathan [Ellington] -I think it's obvious from today's game how well they complement each other."

Blackburn 1, Manchester United 2.

It had all started so brightly for Blackburn, controlling the early stages and going ahead through Mathias Doumbé 20 mins into the game. The French right-back's return from injury was spoilt by the irrepressible Ryan Giggs, who crucified Tim Howard from close range after an electrifying run through the Blackburn defence, just after the half-hour mark. Blackburn pushed for a win but on 69 mins supersub Marco Di Vaio scored a classic poacher's goal on the rebound from Howard's save. Despite throwing everything forward, and despite the twelve shots Blackburn had compared to the Red Devils' six, the home side dropped their first points at Ewood Park this season, and the frustration was palpable some time before the final whistle was blown. Still fifth in the EuroPrem, Blackburn's first-choice players were looking forward to a rest as the 'second eleven' faced a tough trip to Highbury in the League Cup third round.

Arsenal 5, Blackburn 3. (League Cup 3rd Rd.)

One of those games you'll remember fondly if you were lucky enough to attend the game, though Blackburn fans were in a near-catatonic state by the close of the first half, with the Gunners leading 5-0 and Jérémie Aliadière scoring an impressive hat-trick completed with a fabulous volley from well outside the area. Rovers' goalkeeper Carlo Zotti, who is known for his incessant cracking of jokes with other Blackburn subs during EuroPrem games, looked on the verge of tears as he entered the players' tunnel to Arsenal fans' jeers and laughter and bizarre chants of "Su-Per-Car-Lo, Va-Fan-Cu-Lo! Sei-Da-Ve-Ro, Un'-Bel'-Stron-Zo!" This puts paid definitively to the absurd perception of the English football fan as a drunken, illiterate egomaniac who can barely make functional use of his own language, let alone grasp any of the basic principles of a foreign tongue, and whose idea of a constructive pastime is to indulge his own violent urges to a degree that would have seemed mindless and repulsive to our Neolithic forebears. Oh, and in the second half Blackburn got three back, though none of their fans were still there to see it, including a double for Ben Onwuachi. The Blackburn manager was not available for comment, though everyone heard what he had to say perfectly well at half-time, including the unfortunate customers of 'Harry's Happy Chippy' as they loudly and interminably vomited the contents of their stomachs in and around the various toilets at Highbury.

Great post brother! KUTGW and you will surely be nominated for best poster come the next CM Online Awards! I've had a look at your profile... 'How long have you been playing CM?' : 'A dozen years or so' ??? May I remind you that I introduced you to CM only about 7 years ago max. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexisManson:

Great post brother! KUTGW and you will surely be nominated for best poster come the next CM Online Awards! (...) May I remind you that I introduced you to CM only about 7 years ago max. icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the praise, Alex, but I fear the medicine is taking its toll on your critical judgement, not to mention your memory icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Remember the Amiga we got when I was in my last few years at school (and you were about four... icon_razz.gif)? Or 'Football Manager' on the Commodore 64 -oh, no, sorry, you weren't even a gleam in our parents' eyes back then, were you? icon_biggrin.gif...

Looking forward to your next update bro icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patty the Phenom:

Brotherly love; you two licked each other up and down for long enough now? icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...getting a bad name already, and I've barely been registered a week...and with all the rapier wits lurking about, it could get downright ugly icon_biggrin.gif...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlexisManson:

P-iss off the lot of you icon_mad.gif. David I was talking about CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER not manager games in general. I know you were playing video games long before i was born thats not the point. icon_rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means he is better than you at all things that are game related. Experience is everything young Alex icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patty the Phenom:

It means he is better than you at all things that are game related.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would that it were true...Get well and truly whipped in any PS2 game that isn't PES3 icon_biggrin.gif...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Experience is everything young Alex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This I will not deny icon_razz.gif

By the way Alex, I love it when you get stroppy like that... icon_wink.gif

Fenerbache going for victory in Division 1 this season?

The team has started the new season well. The last two years the great

Scandinavian Manager, Mika Nihtilä, has been rebuilding the team with some

scandinavian touch. Last season 22 players left and 17 came in. This season

11 has left and 3 came in. The squad has been completely rebuilded and so

far it is much more powerful.

After the first 8 games of the season Fenerbache has only lost 2 games and

has 1 draw.

Important players this season will be R Nanni and Ze Mario, both players are in top in

player ratings and has started the new season well.

Big disappointment so far is the Swedish

national Goalkeeper, Isaksson. He's only 22 years old and the Manager believes he can be

in top 3 in Europe in the next 3 seasons.

Also the defending must be better in the future if Fenerbache has the ambition to be in

the top even in the premier. Two new DC's has arrived and the most promising young DMC (Gerber, M) from

the German league.

Welcome Jason!

blackburnheaderjpeg.jpg

Football365.com News Flash

Blackburn Rovers continue to make their presence felt in the top half of the European Premiership, confounding the predictions of most pundits and other so-called 'experts' of the game. In a fast and furious game at the Arena, they earned a good 3-3 draw which leaves them in 5th place in the league table, only a handful of points behind leaders Marseille and Udinese.

Ajax Amsterdam 3, Blackburn Rovers 3.

There was no observation round between these two attacking sides, and as early as the 2nd minute Doumbé headed home Estefanía's corner kick after a well-timed run to the far post. But eight minutes later Ajax struck back through a thumping header from the penalty spot by Miroslav Klose, leaving Tim Howard no chance at all. Play then swung from one penalty box to the other until Blackburn were awarded a free-kick on the edge of the area, slightly to the right of the Ajax goal. Oskitz Estefanía's superb curling strike found the top right-hand corner, putting Rovers 2-1 up on 29 mins, a lead they comfortably held on to until half-time.

Blackburn returned to the field without James McEveley, who had taken a knock just before the break, and was replaced by Celestine Babayaro, whilst Ajax brought on plucky Belgian marksman Wesley Sonck, a substitution that was to have a very strong bearing on the final result.

An Ajax corner delivered from the right by Sebastian Deisler was met by Sonck's glancing header, and Ajax were back on terms in the 53rd minute. Thirteen minutes later disaster struck for Blackburn, as Babayaro rashly brought down Sonck although the latter posed no immediate threat to Rovers' goal. Zdenek Grygera converted the penalty kick, and for the first time in the game Ajax were ahead, much to the delight of their fans. But on 78 mins a succession of quick passes ended in a fine darting run by Pablo Niño, who cut the ball back from the left of the Ajax goal and found Stefan Moore, leaving the young striker with an open goal and the easiest of equalizers. Despite both teams applying pressure in the closing stages of the game, there was no further scoring and it ended in a 3-3 draw, which left both managers wondering whether to praise the attacking drive of their players or to deplore the lack of serenity so evident in the defensive play.

Fenerbache still building for the future!

To this season the great Scandinavian Manager continues to kick out Turkish players and replaces with

Scandinavian/North European players and some Brazilian too...

Now it's time to build the team and only get world quality transfers in.

In this season:

-Carlos (DRCD)

-Bendtsen, Ronnie (DL)

-Alvaro (DC/SW)

Out:

-Diarra, Alou

-Aurelio

-Gurrutxaga

-Eremenko Jr

-Gökhan, Senol

-Jensen, Claus

-Markovic, Marjan

-Hüsnu

-Süleyman

-Kerim

-Olcan, Adin

Fenerbache Results fixture 17-19

Fenerbahce - Dortmund 0-0 (5-6 in shots)

Sporting - Fenerbache 5-3 (17-12 in shots, new Fenerbache away tactics)

Fenerbache - Real Madrid 2-2 (16-10 in shots, new Fenerbache home tactics)

anderlechtheaderjpeg.jpg

CANAL + UPDATE

Anderlecht struggle to find their rhythm

It has been a disappointing start to the season for Anderlecht, even though it was not an entirely unpredictable one. Manson was hopeful his team could do well even in the toughest league in the world, after reinforcing the team following their complete domination of the 1st division. However the first division and the Premiership are two galaxies apart, and the sad truth is that minnows Anderlecht might not have what it takes to compete with some of the biggest clubs in the world. You can have a look at the Belgian club's results for yourselves:

Sun, 16.7.2006 15:00 A Blackburn Friendly 1 : 0

Thu, 20.7.2006 19:30 A Man Utd Friendly 0 : 2

Sun, 23.7.2006 15:00 H Blackburn Friendly 1 : 0

Sat, 29.7.2006 15:00 H Fenerbahçe Friendly 0 : 0

Wed, 2.8.2006 19:30 H Aston Villa Friendly 2 : 0

Sat, 5.8.2006 15:00 A Blackburn Friendly 0 : 2

Sat, 12.8.2006 15:00 A Willem II Friendly 3 : 0

Sat, 19.8.2006 15:00 A Man Utd Premier Division 0 : 2

Wed, 23.8.2006 19:30 H Ajax Premier Division 3 : 0

Sat, 26.8.2006 15:00 A Marseille Premier Division 0 : 1

Sat, 2.9.2006 15:00 H Lazio Premier Division 1 : 2

Mon, 18.9.2006 19:45 A Milan Premier Division 1 : 1

Sat, 23.9.2006 15:00 H Atlético Madrid Premier Division 3 : 2

Tue, 26.9.2006 19:45 A Bordeaux League Cup 2nd Rnd 4 : 0

Sat, 30.9.2006 15:00 H Udinese Premier Division 0 : 1

Sat, 7.10.2006 15:00 A Liverpool Premier Division 0 : 2

Wed, 11.10.2006 19:30 H Newcastle Premier Division 0 : 0

Sat, 21.10.2006 15:00 A Mallorca Premier Division 0 : 2

Wed, 1.11.2006 19:45 A Newcastle League Cup 3rd Rnd 0 : 1

Mon, 6.11.2006 19:45 H Arsenal Premier Division 0 : 2

Wed, 15.11.2006 19:30 A Juventus Premier Division 0 : 2

Sat, 18.11.2006 15:00 H Roma Premier Division 1 : 1

Wed, 22.11.2006 19:30 A Inter Premier Division 4 : 1

Sat, 25.11.2006 12:30 H FC Bayern Premier Division 4 : 1

Anderlecht's last couple of matches have given them a lot of hope, and the belief that they might be able to compete with other teams in this ultra-competitive league after all. It is a wonder that Atletico Madrid and Mallorca, who both finished behind Anderlecht in the First Division last season, should be doing so well, considering their limited ressources (still less limited than Anderlecht's ressources).

Anderlecht's best player so far is Julien Rantier, with a 7.50 average rating, 10 goals scored, 2 assists, and 5 man of the match awards in just 12 games! (including 3 starts as substitute). The two star defenders Mexes and De la Cuesta have both had poor starts tot he seasons and are a substantial part of the reason for the their team's poor start. Another huge disappointment is Irish stiker Robbie Keane, who has had massive problems settling into the Anderlecht attack alongside Rantier. He has not scored a single goal in 13 matches, and has an average rating of 6.00 .

As if things could not possibly go any worse for Keane and his club, he suffered a 2 month injury after his 13th game (coincidence?) which soon turned into 5 months following Manson's decision to send him to rehabilitation. This, coupled with Keane's atrocious start, probably means that Anderlecht will be hyper-actively looking for a world class striker come the next transfer window. Ronaldo's name has been mentioned more than once, but Manson is insisting he has other players within his line of vision.

Archived