FM10: Ramires

LFCMatt7

31652.jpg

Club career

In January 2008, Ramires agreed to a five-year deal with Cruzeiro in a permanent move from Joinville for a fee of $300,000, giving Cruzeiro 70% of the players' economic rights. Joinville kept 30% in the event of any transfers in the future.[2] He was referred to by the fans and media during his time there as the "Queniano Azul", or "Blue Kenyan", in relation to Cruzeiro's main colour and his looks as well. This is a compliment, regarding his velocity and never-ending stamina on the field, comparable to the outstanding performances of Kenyans in marathons.

On May 21, 2009, Ramires joined Portuguese club Sport Lisboa e Benfica for €7.5 million[3][4] on a five-year contract with a minimum fee release of €30 million. However Ramires was forced to abandon his holiday plans because of a special agreement made between the two clubs that would only release him to the Portuguese side after the Cruzeiro's participation in the Copa Libertadores 2009, a time when the Lisbon side was already beginning it's pre-season. Thankfully, due to Ramires' devotion to both clubs and his unnatural endurance he quickly rose to being one of the central pieces of Benfica's midfield, gathering the fans affection and the attention from the critics.

8ramires.png

In my Benfica save Ramires has been a beast for me in a B2B role, scoring crucial goals and creating goals in good measure. His sheer pace means his plays this role to great effect making the transition from defence to attack very quickly. He's a very well rounded player not excellent at anything but good at everything and I believe he could play any role in midfield if needed. If anyone has any experiences with them then feel free to post in here :cool:

Never used him. Had a choice between him and Moussa Sissoko, but chose Sissoko otherwise Ramires would have taken my last non-EU spot

Moussa Sissoko is the right choice. He can easily become world-class.

Ramires still, a top player!

I play him as a wide midfielder right, and he just dominates. Train his attacking a little and you can get his crossing to 12 or 13 if you like, but I always just set his slider to rarely.

I've got a screenshot of how he performs in this role in the Benfica thread.

Archived