What the hell am i doing wrong?

CMdan44

OK, so i decided i'd quite like there to be more than two reserve/youth leagues in England but obviously you can only set two up in the game so i added some more leagues to the nation rules (made them the under 18s and something else might have been under 20s) Unfortunately for me i filled these leagues with sub teams (you know like where you go to the club and in the details screen there is the option to add reserve teams), without realising that these would override the reserve teams already on the game instead of appearing alongside them. No bother, i thought, i'll just create the youth teams as seperate clubs and affiliate them with their first-teams. so i did this, then deleted all the sub teams and filled the leagues back up with my newly created teams. Then i started a new game and it crashed almost immediatley, before it had even got to the create manager screen.

what went wrong?

Deleting a sub team - I don't know if it's a certainty or not - tend to break your game, also deleting a team when it's assigned to a league. Just don't do these things, it's safer.

Btw, it is always more fun creating your own youth league then leave it to the editor to create a reserve league. It's nice to see your reserve/youth team battle out for promotion/relegation without depending on the senior team's achievement.

Deleting a sub team - I don't know if it's a certainty or not - tend to break your game, also deleting a team when it's assigned to a league. Just don't do these things, it's safer.

Btw, it is always more fun creating your own youth league then leave it to the editor to create a reserve league. It's nice to see your reserve/youth team battle out for promotion/relegation without depending on the senior team's achievement.

That must be my problem, i made sure i unassigned them from the leagues before i delted them because i thought that would have a negative effect but if deleting a sub team is the thing that killed it i'm going to have to start all over again :( I don't have a save from before i added those teams, well thanks anyway.

and yeah, agree with you bout creating reserve leagues etc..

Archived