FM-10: RasenBallsport Leipzig - Lower League Millions

SMPL

Oh one more thing i forgot to say...

with Joao Pereira. the young DC from Benfica. he is the same one which u have right?

Scouts and stats say he is great propect for future and i have been giving him some games since a couple of my older slower DCs will leave soon. but im finding him too umm....ERROR PRONE!

he makes a lot of errors like clearing ball strait to the attacker who slots it away. and missing some important errors. Are finding this with him? btw im october 2nd season...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to remember Joao Pereira is still only young and he's settling in to a new country, i'd stick with him myself or at least give him easier games/last 30 minutes of games so he gets the experience. October is a bit too early to write him off IMO.

2011/12 update

Transfers

Table

I was proud of our efforts in the Europa league.

Results

Table

Just looking at that you'd think it was the final game that stopped us getting through, but I expected to lose that anyway TBH, I think the 0-0 v Spartak was what cost us. Zigoni was out for a few weeks during that spell and whilst we battered them, Naki was having an off day and he and Niflore didn't seem to work as well as the Niflore/Zigoni partnership. I am sure we'd have won if Zigoni was fit, but it wasn't meant to be.

My scouts found Sergi playing at Barca, I gave up signing him a long while ago because of his random pa and the fact he never turns any good for any team in any of my saves......until now, this is just after I got him to agree to sign

SERGIBARCA.jpg

It seems like he's been tutored by Messi as he's in his favourite personnel and has even picked up his PPM's. My scout rated him as potentially a leading Bundesliga player and for £600k it was worth a risk. I've got him on a heavy physical schedule to try and build him up a bit and will leave him on it for the whole of this season and see how it goes, i'm also retraining him for AML so when I make a new tactic for next season (this will be the third season of using the same tactic for most games so it'll be time for a change) I plan to have him and Arslan swapping wings all the time during games to make it harder to mark them.

I'm in November in 2012 now and looking good for 3rd at least, will post an update in while once i've had another look through scout reports to see if there is anyone worth bringing in in January.

Yer im not gonna give up on him. I did pay 1.6mil for him and thats quite a lot. so he will def be given the time he needs to adjust. hopefully next season he maybe can be 1st choice.

I got him 1st season for a lot cheaper, unfortunately he had a bad year last year, couldn't get going so might sell if the right offer comes in.

Got my 4th promotion in a row so we're in the top flight now, a few stupid draws at the end cost us the title but we managed 2nd pretty securely. These are my ins and outs for last year. We only managed to get to the 3rd round of the cup though

Players of the year

Zigoni (not as many goals last year due to a change in tactic and injuries, going to keep him as a poacher but tick target man and run on to ball this season.

Matheu

Sergi

Wiechert

Livaja (never bought him before because his physicals put me off but this training worked well after 6 months or so)

Guilherme (amazes me how he always goes cheap, got him for £30k and after being tutored by Lux became 1st choice in Feb)

Arslan

Appiah

Kraus (This kid is going to be a star, due to injuries he featured in quite a few games last year, though I did try and make it from the bench as much as possible and he scored 13 and had 9 assists, a bargain for his age)

Trying to decide between 2 left backs at the moment for next season and a class center back, I doubt I will be getting anyone else in bar that as I need the team as gelled as possible for this first year in the Bundesliga, which is why from day 1 I took the route of getting youngsters in I could so they'd be near enough ready for the top flight when it came.

You have some nice signings and youngsters who have developed really well ;)

Im in jan now of season 2 and i had to sell Tim sebastien despite him being a pretty damn good defender and my vice captain. He wanted to "further his career"......ptfff. he was valued 90k but sold him for 250k so im pretty happy. Though thank god i have Silvestri who is developing nice. he and Pereira will get a decent amount of game time. have a couple others who arnt happy with their playin time but they are gonna leave at end of season on freebies anyway. ive also extended some contracts and convinced some players to stay.

Sebastien didn't seem all that good to me. Though to be fair I was so determined to get Akra and Pereira as good as possible I never really gave him a chance.

I nearly put this game down to start in Argentina or Brazil for a bit of a break, but by the time I loaded it I decided I couldn't leave it now we have finally got to the top flight :D so brought this left back in for £3M. I was going to get this one simply because he was German, but Antunovic looks better and was £3.5M cheaper so it was a no brainer. Bar that anyone else I have brought in are squad players on freebies including Lambo who looks an able deputy to Guilherme for this season and then i'll sell him next year if I can find a younger alternative.

We are 6th at the end of September but not a million miles away from the top spot. Obviously it's early days yet but at least if we do get in to Europe for next season I have more players who will not only be counted as Home grown in nation, but also home grown by club due to my early strategy of getting kids in

Other than the physical attributes i think u chose the right decsion. wat i love about germany is that we dont have to worry about wps. that croat kid wouldnt get into the uk but does germany ;)

Hey ive noticed something while playin in the regionaliga...most teams are weak against deep def line, slow tempo and narrow width. have u noticed that too? is it the same with the 3 other divs above it?

I have him as a deep lying forward on support. His pace improved by 1 over the season which whilst isn't great is still something. A few of his other physicals went up by 1 or 2 (I used SFrasers training for the 1st time in this save and I must admit i'm impressed)

My teams are always set to play quick, push up and wide whenever I can, if i'm not the favourite to win I may adjust it depending on what my ass man says or what the other teams formation is, so I can't say I have ever noticed if they are weak against that TBH. I found teams not liking to play against pace if anything so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting a save with them soon, just finalising the proper affiliations, and setting retain player files for those clubs. Sorted the kits, and already had the badges, from the metallic badgepack. I'm leaving the finances as they are, they already have more than enough money imo.

Hey good on ya! It seems there only a couple of us doing this save. Im up to my 5th season with them and in the bundesliga and its hard. i won 4 successive promotions all champions too but that was far too easy. But once u hit the top div with quality youngsters improving its not easy.

Is it only me, or is there a problem when picking squad numbers? Both transfer windows so far I've gone to change the squad numbers, and sometimes, as I add a number to a player (Player X), a different player (Player Y) becomes unpicked - and it was an unassigned number given to X, not Player Y's number...

lgtable.png

Easy. And I had a 15 y/o AMC who started 26 games and 15 y/o GK who started 14 games...

And as for the 'problem' I think it was to do with players I'd sent to the B team. Seems ok if I assign their numbers before I drop them OR don't assign them a number at all :)

yer there are rules with the B teams. cant play for so many clubs or ********. I dont use my B team tho coz they dont have league loaded and dont play games.

Ive got this awesome RW. David Ludwigs is fkin legend awesome Regen. played him as a starter from ages 16 and now at 21 he is geeting attracted form some huge clubs.

My squad isn't great, because I'm not a big spender, it's all mainly frees. In two seasons, I've spent €225k total.

My squad is almost exclusively German, too - except for a Turkish backup striker and an Austrian winger signed on a free after being loaned from RB Salzburg.

I think this is quite possibly one of the meanest defences in the history of FM. We haven't conceded for 16 games, we're unbeaten in the league for TWO seasons, and we've only conceded 12 goals in ALL competitions in those two seasons...

Our only loss was against HSV in the DFB Pokal, losing 2-0 to a team 4 divisions above us.

managerhistory.png

records.png

Oh, and the table:

rntable.png

For 2011-12, I've signed two new key players - David Odonkor and Victor Anichebe. Happy days :D

TacticalGenius well done so far, Anichebe really is a big coop for the club.

craig1890, absolutely superb going there mate.

Purefun, do it. It is a fun a game and one that is ideal in the sense that as Leipzig are a new club you can mold it exactly how you like from day 1.

Quinby, how is your game coming along?

I had to restart due to my hard drive crashing, will report how it is going tomorrow

as i said a few posts ago im in my fifth season which is 1st in budinesliga and im mid table. 7th or 8th. won 4 consecutive championships. haven't had a lot of time to play since second semester of uni is under way plus i got new laptop on weekend so i was busy with that.

TacticalGenius well done so far, Anichebe really is a big coop for the club.

Purefun, do it. It is a fun a game and one that is ideal in the sense that as Leipzig are a new club you can mold it exactly how you like from day 1.

Anichebe has been great up top on his own, with Odonkor supplying him from the right wing :D

Yeah Purefun, come on board, come and literally make history! (As they don't have one :D)

Hey, I have just started a save with Leipzig. I increased the finances, transfer budget and wage budget very slightly. I might have gone a bit over the top with the signings but I doubt i will need to buy any players for a few fair seasons.

rasenballsportleipzig.th.png

I couldn't turn down the chance to buy Ekici or Barazite, which unfortuanately meant no Zigoni.

rasenballsportleipzig3.th.png

rasenballsportleipzig4.th.png

I'm in 3'Liga now and won the first 5 games. Scored in the last 2 seasons more than 100 goals each season. Have some regens and took over Ekici after is contract was expired at Bayern. Haven't altered the wage of transferbudget.

Team:

GK:Schrober

DR: Petkakis

DL: Petr (regen)

DC: Joa Pereira

DC: Zhivikovsky ( regen)

DMC: Rost

MC: Bulovikovsky (regen)

MC: Ekici

ST: Amine

ST: Anicet

ST: Chilar (regen)

Back up's are Koke, Mateu, Jaggy, Hamid and some other talents.

Anicet scored 46 goals in the leauge last season.

Its just the first couple of seasons. The team is sponsered by Red Bull and thus is financially superior than the competitors and is the only proffessional team in their league. Winning is easy for the first and maybe second season but the fun is moulding your own team from scratch:

i.e. do you go for youth hoping to retain players till the first and second division or buy and sell players every season to create a strong team each year to get promoted.

Ok just won the league in the first season with seven games to spare:

I am pleased with the busy transfer period so far. The signings I have made, hopefully should improve the squad no end and reduce the need on da Graca, Ekici and Barazite to start most matches. Despite it being only the end of July, I doubt I will be bringing in anyone else.

rasenballsportleipzig.th.png

I wanted to bring in Marcel Correia, but had to settle for Fabian Muller as back up for right back behind Sandro Stallbaum.

I would say the star signings of the period are Steve Gohouri on a free from Wigan and Maurice Hagelstein from Club Brugge.

12mauricehagelstein.th.png

I am also pleased to bring in Kakuta who will be rotating with Barazite at the AMC spot.

This makes my first team currently look like this:

rasenballsportleipzig2.th.png

I'm am about to start the Regionalliga Nord and hoping to win it although predicted to finish ninth.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a bit, I suppose a few feeder clubs as soon as you can is the way around it. Good prospects should be able to walk in to most Regional and Oberliga clubs so at least they'd be getting competitive minutes if you did that.

I'm currently in 2. Bundesliga, so I'm yet to really need a reserve team as I only have 24 players (not including youth). I'm trying to see if I can get Markranstädt promoted and so I'm sticking fringe players and the some not so good youth players in to their squad. Just noticed that they turned pro in 2010, so stuff does happen to them.

Ok, time for an update. It is currentlty March and I'm easily winning the league. The only signing I made in the winter transfer season was Gustavo Vassollo to give the team some more height upfront.

This update is mainly for the DFB Pokal, in which I have made the final against all odds. :D

The first round was against Normannia Gmund and as expected I breezed through winning 7-1 away from home.

The second round match was much tougher, facing FC Bayern. Luckily for me they put out a very weak team made of youngsters, so no Robben, Lahm or Ribery to cope with and thus managed a 2-1 win.

The next match against Duisberg was easy due to them playing a 4-4-2 wide diamond, allowing me to overload the midfield with a 4-4-2 box system.

The match against Gladbach in the quarter final was very close and uneventful until the 70th minute where Vassallo scored on his debut. Whilst I was still celebrating, Gladbach equalised sending the match to extra time in which I made my three subs bringing on da Graca and Blazek which ran riot around the tired defence resulting in a 3-1 win.

When I looked at the draw in the semi-finals I saw that the other three teams, Frankfurt, Herha and Bielefield where beatable in comparison to some of the teams I had already faced and was therefore confident going into my semi with 15th placed Frankfurt of the Bundesliga. At halftime I had shown my tactical superiority pulling out a deserved 3-0 lead but Frankfurt's ability advantage and a motivational team talk made them dominate in the second half. My team struggled to hold on to a 3-2 win which wasn't really deserved from the second half performance.

So now I'm looking at a final against Hertha BSC, to whom I lost 5-1 in a friendly at the start of the season upon checking now so my expectations from the match have reduced significantly. However, I am proud of my players and their achievements in the cup so far.

I take it you are still in the Regionalliga lucatonix? Superb achievement, just getting there. If you can win it like I did, then the good news is you should have winnable games and get to the Europa group stage :cool:

Glad to see people still doing this, i'll be back on my save once i'm done at Lens. I think next years version should interest a few more people with a division less to climb.

EDIT: With the extra money from the cup run i'd suggest once the final is over you see if the board will upgrade the facilities BTW, on my other attempt I was in Bundesliga II before they considered it, but on the cup run attempt they were more than happy to improve them.

Yes still in the Regionalista. Thanks but my run of matches in the cup were much easier than yours to be fair. I'm unsure as to whether I should ask the board to upgrade the facilities because it would probably reduce my transfer and wage budgets in the immediate future.

Don't dis-credit yourself, any sort of cup run with a team this size is a superb achievement :cool:

You have a point with the transfers, but you seem to have everything in place now with the playing staff and there shouldn't be too much of a need to buy more than 3-4 players (might even get some class freebies) whatever you decide, good luck to you though mate.

Against all odds, RB Leipzig have managed to win in the cup despite an absolute battering for the first 70 minutes. My ass man told me to go a 4-5-1 which I personally had little experience of especially with Leipzig. The tactics I had created was poor and Hertha was playing a full pitch pressing game meaning I could barely get the ball out of my own half. Hertha were just a class above and thrashed me for 70 minutes but credit to Neuhaus and the defense for keeping a it 0-0 till the 72nd minute. After then I changed to a 4-1-2-3 with Fl and FR in an attempt to score on the break if their full backs pushed up. This succeeded and also allowed us to regain possession higher up the pitch. We managed to pass our way through the defense with two nice moves which were both finished with placed shots by Barazite and Kakuta. Blazek had an awful game, mainly due to not touching the ball and the first goal resulting from his mistake but other than that I was pleased with everyone's effort and performances.

Europa League here we come!!! :D

Well done lucatonix. Unfortunately for some reason you won't get a chance to defend your trophy (not sure why this is :() but this will give you a chance to extend a few contracts if need be where players mightn't usually renew, also the involvement in Europe will improve the quality of players you can attract too.

Good luck for next season.

Thanks. Do you have any ideas for defenders. Im trying to sign Abel Aguilar on a free at the moment but looks like I will have to wait till next season until I have the wages. Hopefully no-one will swoop in. I've been very impressed with Verratti and his rate of improvement, however I am slightly disappointed with Sneijder, although he makes a decent back-up.

I had Joao Pereira and a Spanish lad (who I have forgotten) within the first 2 seasons and they stayed with me all along, so can't really help there. Apart from newgens, Konstantin Rausch (LB) from Hannover was probably the best defender I attracted after the first season. Certainly worth checking the reserve sides for talent, with Europe to your name it increases your chances of getting the good youngsters again.

Okay, so I'm approaching August. Beat Koln 1-0 in the Supercup but have a slight problem. I barely have enough players for 4 under-23 German players in the squad. I can get around this by using less subs but its less than ideal. Do you know any decent young players who would be interested in either joining for peanuts or on loan??

Archived