Nottingham forest rise to the top again

briancloughisthebest

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colin Calderwood today was sad to see Nigel Doughty leave as he was the man who persuaded him to come to the job. He went into the office and introduced himself

Calderwood:Hello,can i know your name please

Thornhill:Yes, the names Jake Thornhill

Calderwood:Well aren't you going to meet the players

Thornhill:Yes i am just moving my stuff in here i won't be long

Calderwood then moved out the office to the pitch were he made his players stand in a line for the chairman to see

The chairman went out and saw them all. He was most impressed with ian breckin who's signing will make a great deal to club

other first team players are

Rune Pederson-Gk

Paul Gerrard-Gk

Danny Cullip SW,DC

James Cullingworth DR Strange somehow this player is actually good icon_confused.gif

John Curtis-DRC

Nicky Eaden DR

James Perch DRC,DM,MR

Wes Morgan DC

Gino Padula-D/WB L

Alan Rogers D/WB L

Kristian Commons-WB/AM LC

Paul Evans DM

Gary Holt DM

Nicky Southall M RC

David Frio MC

Ross Gardner MC

Kevin James AM R

Jack Lester AM/FC

Eugene Dadi ST (don't know how he has a contract he was only here on loan)

Scott Dobie ST

David Johnson ST

Gareth Taylor

The first friendly was against Lanciano who put up a good match

Lanciano 2-2 Nottingham Forest

Line Up

GK-Rune Pederson

D-Cullingworth,Padula,Breckin,Morgan

M-Southall,Frio,Gardner,Holt

S-Dadi,Johnson

Subs Used-Gerrard,Evans,Perch,Dobie,Curtis,Rogers,Eaden,

James,Rogers

Subs Not Used-Smith,Glass,Rogers

Scorers

Luigi Bennedetti 32 Paul Evans 52

Nicola D'Ambrosio 86 Ian Breckin 79

Overview

I was hoping for a good preformance today and i am dissapointed with this result.Lanciano had most of the possession and i think that is why they got a draw. The first goal was when morreti floated the ball into our area which Bennedetti got a headed goal. The equaliser didn't come until second half when paul evans recieved from gardner and scored a stunning 25 yard curler. After a foul by testa on 79 min, a freekick was quickly taken which went to the far post which breckin easily headed in. I thought that Lanciano wouldn't get back after that but they did. On 89 minutes a header by grilla reached D'Ambrosini who had plenty of space and slotted it past Pederson. The Man of the match was Stefano Testa of Lanciano. I thought the best player for forest was Paul Evans because of his goal. I wasn't too impressed with pedersens effort though who was the main reason we lost today

The next friendly was against palermo who was definitely the best team

Palermo 1-0 Nottingham Forest

G-Rune Pedersen

D-Cullingworth,Padula,Breckin,Cullip

M-Gardner,Holt,Commons,James

S-Taylor,Dadi

Subs Used-Gerrard,Dobie,Evans,Curtis,Weir-Daley,Perch,Smith(under 18s),Southall

Subs Not Used-Frio,Johnson,Eaden

Scorers

Stephen Ayodele Makinwa

Overview

I didn't mind who won today because all i cared about was preformance as palermo is definitely better than us,Palermo beat us but the preformance was unsatisfactory.Once again the other team got the most possession with 53% of it.Carracciolo had a great chance but Pedersen got his fingers to it but makinwa got onto the rebound. This was the only goal and i feel we should have got more chances.I was most impressed by sub Danny Smith who comes from the under 18s and was one of the best on field. Once again i was unhappy with pedersen but once gerrard came on i thought he did great. The man of the match was Andrea Barzagli. I think that Colin Calderwood will take note of Pedersens poor preformance

Right, a few pointers for you. Firstly, you don't have to keep explaining why the next post won't be up for a while. A lot of people post once a day, otherwise your story can be in danger of moving too quickly for your readers.

Secondly, it might make it a bit easier to read if you use the bold and italic tags to separate things out. Your posts look a bit cramped at the moment.

Thirdly, images are not the most important things here. But if you want to use them, you can upload images onto a site like photobucket and then provide a like to that image in your story.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

Right, a few pointers for you. Firstly, you don't have to keep explaining why the next post won't be up for a while. A lot of people post once a day, otherwise your story can be in danger of moving too quickly for your readers.

Secondly, it might make it a bit easier to read if you use the bold and italic tags to separate things out. Your posts look a bit cramped at the moment.

Thirdly, images are not the most important things here. But if you want to use them, you can upload images onto a site like photobucket and then provide a like to that image in your story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Fourthly, paragraphs are your friend, use them.

Fifthly, Brian Clough can kiss my ar.....oh hang on that was Mao. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou for that first comment now paragraphs are my best friend

Miguel signed on loan by forest

Sky Sports News

Miguel today has just signed a 6 month loan with wages worth £700 per week. This is just one of the players that Colin Calderwood has been looking for. He is still waiting on the transfers of Aythami and Mikele Leighertwood.

Here is what Colin Calderwood had to say

CalderwoodI have signed got this player on loan because we havn't got a lot of attacking midfielders as i want all the positions to be great in depth

ok here is the long awaited match report on forest v modena

B]Modena 0-0 Nottingham Forest[/b]

GK-Pedersen

D-Cullingworth,Padula,Perch,Cullip

M-James,Frio,Gardner,Southall

ST-Taylor,Dadi

Subs Used-Gerrard,Weir Daley,Holt,Curtis,Daniel Blair,Danny Smith,Morgan,Sam Mullarky,Andrew Rigby,Evans

Subs Not Used-Eaden,Johnson

OverviewI was impressed with most of the squad today but one.I think if Gareth Taylor put in more effort i would have got a goal today.I give him 5 out of 10 for effort.

We finally got out of italy and our game was against Hajduk who has the famous player niko kranjcar.

Hajduk 0-0 Nottingham Forest

GK-Gerrard

D-Cullingworth,Rogers,Cullip,Breckin

M-Southall,Commons,Miguel,Evans

ST-Dobie,Johnson

Subs UsedPedersen,Holt,Curtis,Blair,Padula,Pittman,Frio,

Dadi,JamesSubs Not UsedTaylor,Gardner,Eaden

Overview

I'm wondering now if we can score now as it's been since our first friendly against Lanciano, since we scored.Miguel made his debut today and was one of the best forest players on the field.I was most impressed with paul gerrard because every time he goes on the pitch the critics give him 7 out of 10.

We had our last friendly of the season as we had a local derby against Mansfield

Mansfield 0-2 Nottingham Forest

GK-Pedersen

D-Cullingworth,Smith,Cullip,Morgan

M-James,Padula,Frio,Miguel

ST-Dobie,Johnson

Subs Used-Gerrard,Holt,Weir-Daley,Eaden,Perch,Blair,Curtis,Rigby,Southall,

Dadi

Subs Not Used-Gardner,Evans

Scorers

Dadi 70

MorOur last friendly match was against Mansfield and we finally scored this Dadi came on and minutes later he recieved the ball from a cross by Perch which he made the diving header. Minutes later Morgan fired in a 25 yarder from a freekick.I was most impressed with morgan for a defender that was some free kick.Kevin Pressman,Mansfield Goalkeeper who stopped us from a greater leadgan 79

Overview

So the first match of the season was against Swindon. Here is what the forest chairman thought of it.

Overview

I wasn't pleased with the result as i expect to win these easy home games.I personally thought it would be 7-1( icon_wink.gifto forest fans). On 13 mins Thorpe recieved the flick by Cureton and scored a spectacular volley.

I thought this was a very easy save for Pedersen to make.But did he save it .......no he didn't.It was better though on 30 mins as Gary Holt delivered it in wide where David Johnson forced it goalwards with a diving header and scored the vital equaliser.There was a few debuts today who were Pavel Mares,Miguel and Daniel Agger.

The worse of these were Daniel Agger has he failed to clear some balls who came towards him.

James Cullingworth made his competitive debut on this match

Overview

Thornhill-Another horrible match as i can't say a good thing about anyone. Rune Pedersen i thought was the worst (i wonder why we keep him)and the best was gareth taylor who hardly do anything.Well done goes to Gillingham goalkeeper Jason Brown who without his saves we might have got something.

The only goal of the match came on 29 mins was when Spiller made the perfect pass to Byfield who broke the offside trap and was clean through on goal

Overview

Thornhill-I am very pleased with todays match especially Zivkovic who won man of the match award.It all started when on 5 mins Johnson got to the byline and put the ball into the six yard box who Taylor headed a magnificent goal.On 45 Taylor scored another header which was provided by Cullingworth.In injury time Chris Killen got his head to the ball for a consolation.Forest finished Oldham off when Weir Daley tryed his luck but griffin made a crucial intervention,it didn't matter though as evans headed for the final score 3-1

Archived