Nottingham forest rise to the top again

briancloughisthebest

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overview

Thornhill-I think that this second match in a row of wins will start a run of them.

Rune Pedersen has finally found his form,becoming the man of the match.The only thing Hartlepool was better at was passing,possession and making fouls.They was really bad and i am surprised they weren't more yellow cards

The only goal came on 29 mins when Gareth Taylor headed it to Giuseppe Rossi who was unmarked and smashed it in low past the greek goalkeeper. I am really impressed with Rossi's first competitive game and i hope he continues this preformance

Overview

Thornhill-I'm not too bothered about the league cup as i know we can't win it anyway but i liked the preformance especially Danny Cullip who defended well.Barnsley was only better at making fouls and passing.The scoring started on 5 mins when Gudjonsson tripped Nicky Eaden in the penalty box and was awarded a penalty.

Paul Evans stepped up and easily scored the penalty. 4 minutes later Dobie released a nice volley but Colgan parried it which Taylor got on the rebound. A nice start to our cup season and i hope it continues against the teams which we can beat

Overview ]

Thornhill-So another win for my managers side as eugene dadi got a nice goal.Dobie had a chance but Phillips blocked it and it fell to dadi who scored easily.I wasn't impressed with Kieran Richardson who had an average preformance.

The best player was David Partridge as although he was on the losing side his defending made sure that we couldn't score more

Overview

Thornhill-Today i probably saw the most attractive football from forest since i have been chairman.Not only that but Forest have maintained there unbeaten away start to the season.The first goal came on 28 mins when Commons delivered it in wide but was blocked by Goodison and Rossi went for the follow up and scored from about 15 yards from goal.

The next goal came on 36 mins when Rossi crossed it for cullip who easily headed it in. On 74 mins Dadi was pushed by Danny Harrison and Commons smashed it in from 25 yards. On 78 mins Padula crossed it in for Taylor who headed it in

Overview

Thornhill-I am impressed with our recent form and this match continued that impression.Nicolae Mitea had an ok preformance and got a shot on goal.It wasn't us that got the man of th ematch,David Mirfin got the award intead for nice defending.

Our best player was Scott Dobie who on 84 mins made a great run and slotted it past huddersfield goalkeeper.Forest now are startin a run at home now.

Overview

Thornhill-Well i think that Calderwood has got a good team here after we beat Chesterfield 2-1. Unfortunately although we dominated early Chesterfield got in front with colin larkin scoring a certain goal.We got back on 28 mins when Cullingworth whipped in the corner which Agger headed in.

We went in front on 78 mins when blair crossed it into richardsons path who looked odds on to score and didn't dissapoint.I'm glad with kieran today as he provided chances and scored a goal i hope Calderwood signs him on a permanent basis

Overview

Thornhill-So the winning run comes to and end as we are held to a goaless draw against brentford. It's a good thing that we are still top though and we are still unbeaten. Luke steele of brentford was the best player as he was good enough to save southalls penalty and make crucial saves.

James Cullingworth was the best forest player as he made great tackles to stop a win for brentford we should've done better though as we was all over them.

Overview

Thornhill-I'm proud to have beaten Hull in this League cup round two fixture.I thought that we defended well and only made chances when necessary.We opened the scoring on 11 mins when Mares played the ball forward for Dobie who headed it over the keeper for his second goal of the season.

Hull equalised on 63 mins when Cotteril was onside and through on goal,which with this advantage shot it low and hard into the net to equalise.It was like that until extra time and i was proud to have held the championship team.We got a penalty on 107 mins which Evans took well to get his third goal of the season. I thought that Scott Wiseman was the best player on the field as he defended well until extra time.Our best player has to be Pavel Mares as he provided the first goal which was quite a good assist.

Overview

Thornhill-So, i have not lost any of my 7 competitive away games,thats 2 cup rounds and 5 league games.It's a good job after all we didn't get to go to old trafford or that record probably wouldn't stay.Rune Pedersen did well today as if it weren't for him we might have conceded a goal.

The first goal came on 29 mins when Mitea took the corner which took a deflection off De'merit which fell to Frio for his first ever goal for Forest But then there was bad news as miguel had to come of as he was injured in a collision.Apparently he will be out for three weeks

The final goal was by a freekick by eaden which fell to Breckin who headed the best headed goal i have seen all season.This was his first goal for the club and i hope there will be many more.Unfortunately for Barnsley, as they had a man called Chris Shuker sent off.

Overview

I think we could go on to scare league one teams as once again we won.This time though we manage to thrash the opposition which was doncaster.The first goal came on 16 mins when we was awarded a freekick which Richardson fired into the back of the net.

The next goal came on 24 mins when Doncaster gave the ball away to Mares who crossed it to taylor who made a diving header for his 5th goal of the season.The next goal came 4 minutes when Dobie was clean through on goal and he scored with ease.When you think we was not looking to score again think again

Evans fired in another free kick which went nearly through the back of the net.Unfortunately for doncaster Phil miguire lost control when trying to clear away on 78 mins and scored an own goal

Overview

So once again we continue our away winning run, this time at Walsall.The first goal came on 13 mins when Cullingworth crossed the ball for Johnosn who headed it accross the goalmouth and into the back of the net. On 29 mins Richardson played a great ball for Johnson who smashed it into the corner.

Dobie replaced johnson on 58 mins and on 80 mins had one on one with the keeper and headed the ball past the keeper.Once again Daniel Agger was MOTM as he had great defending for Forest.

Overview

So another away win another 3 points.David Johnson once again got on the scoresheet as on 35 mins recieved a 55 yard ball from eaden who was free of the last defender and scored. The second goal was on 56 mins which Mitea crossed to taylor who headed it in for the winner.

Nicolae Mitea is the man of the match as his crosses created vital chances

Is there a reason why this is still open?

I've farted better 'stories'. All I see here is a bunch of one line crap, and some screenshots. This has never been accepted before on this forum as being a proper story and I don't see why it should be now. I've held my tongue long enough, I don't care what the standards of the forum have fallen to, this simply isn't acceptable by any of them.

I have to agree with Peacemaker. I haven't been keeping an eye on this, I must admit, but it certainly isn't anywhere near what we consider a story.

I'm inclined to give you one final chance to turn this around. Go and read some of the other efforts on the board, see what we expect. Screenshots cannot tell your story for you, and posts of a single sentence are simply not acceptable.

If it doesn't improve soon then I'll be forced to close it.

Overview

It was simply easy to day as we teached Aldershot a lesson about football.The girst goal came on 34 mins when Dadi made a forward pass to Johnson who had the goal at his mercy.The second goal came on 55 mins when Ross Gardner made a nice pass to Johnson and easily went past the goalkeeper.

The next goal was on 62 mins when Mitea whipped in the corner to Zivkovic who headed it in.The final goal was on 83 mins when Pavel Mares took a free kick which landed at ross gardner who had a half volley at goal and scored a fantastic goal.Ross gardner was the man of the match as he created one goal and scored another

I'm not trying to be nasty. If you have the basis of a story - and you clearly feel you have - surely you can take make time then to write one liners?

If you're not 100% sure, have a look around. It does NOT have to be perfect, its simply telling a story about your game. BUT, and this is the point, it does need to be more than,

We won.

We signed some bloke.

A picture.

Rather than posting everything as one liners, save it up, post it as a larger post. You can still use screenshots, but write something about them!

And remember, the OT thread is there, use it to ask for advice.

I only did this because it was something to do and most of the time i enjoyed it. I didn't start this story to write an essay, and anyway no matter how much advice i get i'm not going to get to the standard of this forum so i think it is best if this was closed and i just have to read other storys.I thank the 2 comments of praise and peacemaker for his critiscm and trying to help.

You don't NEED to write an essay. Your style is quite simplistic, thats fine, use that.

You don't have to go into massive details, describing every minutae of the game - some people do, thats fine but clearly its not for you.

Why not just pick out the key games and give a brief description along the lines of:

Up to this game, we had gone seven matches undefeated so we expected to win. Our new signing, so and so who cost £x from some crap team, was on the bench. After x number of minutes we scored, with a fine short description of the goal. We ended up winning 14-0 and Jimmy got man of the match.

screenshot of match, jimmy whatever

Archived