Disabling competition badges, logos and similar graphics.

Rob 396

Hi,

I recently installed FM10 (Steam) on my new operating system and i need to get rid of the club and competition logos because: a) i dont like having only a handful of random Championship and Serie A graphics etc. and b) because there's no point in renaming the Coca Cola Championship the Npower Championship if there's a Coca Cola league logo in the top left of the screen.

Any help is appreciated,

Rob.

There should be an option in the preferences menu to disable logos/badges.

Yep, that's what i thought aswell, seems straightforward enough .. but

That tick box just isnt there for some reason!

Your right for some reason that option has disappeared, however the option still works if you have a skin that has that option visible, if you don't have a skin you can download my netbook skin, then just apply the skin go back into the preferences screen and untick the show badges / logos option click confirm and the logos should disappear, when they have you can go back to your old skin and they'll stay hidden.

Alternatively you can edit the 'show_badges.xml' file that is located here: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings\Version 1003 on Vista/Win7 (you'll need to unhide hidden and important files first) not sure of the XP location.

If you open the show_badges.xml file in notepad you should see this line:

<integer id="valu" value="1"/>

To Disable the Badges change the 1 to 0 and save the file, then load the game and the badges should be hidden.

Your right for some reason that option has disappeared, however the option still works if you have a skin that has that option visible, if you don't have a skin you can download my netbook skin, then just apply the skin go back into the preferences screen and untick the show badges / logos option click confirm and the logos should disappear, when they have you can go back to your old skin and they'll stay hidden.

Alternatively you can edit the 'show_badges.xml' file that is located here: C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings\Version 1003 on Vista/Win7 (you'll need to unhide hidden and important files first) not sure of the XP location.

If you open the show_badges.xml file in notepad you should see this line:

<integer id="valu" value="1"/>

To Disable the Badges change the 1 to 0 and save the file, then load the game and the badges should be hidden.

Awesome, cheers man.

Archived