Overwriting editor data

The Icepick

I've been working for about two months to make my own database, with a lot of changes in player's names and club names (short names like Man Utd instead of Manchester United annoy me... :o) I would have finished it today or tomorrow.

Today, I wanted to make a few more changes. I started the editor, loaded the 10.3 database, made my changes and saved it where I always save it. Now everything's gone, except the changes I made today.

What happened? After I loaded the 10.3 database, I forgot to load the editor data file that I've been making... So when I saved it, it only saved the changes from today, thus overwriting the changes I had made.

Logically, I'm devastated. Two months work is gone. Does anyone have ANY idea how I might get it back? Please? :(

Well getting it back is not possible as far as I know, I am guessing you do not keep back ups. After something bad happening to my 1st database, a few years back I started saving files in the format 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 etc

My latest database got to 3.7 something!! of course I did not keep them all, usually in batches of 20 or so or at stages of major changes or steps. I suggest next time work to a similar pattern then you only loose an hours work at the most, rather than a few months.

Also test it often, the most work I have lost since then is about 45 mins... very easy to correct!

Well getting it back is not possible as far as I know, I am guessing you do not keep back ups. After something bad happening to my 1st database, a few years back I started saving files in the format 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 etc

My latest database got to 3.7 something!! of course I did not keep them all, usually in batches of 20 or so or at stages of major changes or steps. I suggest next time work to a similar pattern then you only loose an hours work at the most, rather than a few months.

Also test it often, the most work I have lost since then is about 45 mins... very easy to correct!

Good tip, thanks! :thup::) Maybe will use that for FM11... :(

You should always use a numbering system for saves, as nine iron said, 1.01, 1.02, etc.

In my World League I reached about version 1.48, and haven't deleted any of them yet. It's always handy in case your game has a serious problem caused by the database, you can just go back one number and use that instead.

Archived