FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Patriots:

i'm doing well with my harrogate town squad managed to get a couple man utd u18's in. (Ben Amos and Drinkwater). i am now up in league 2 and danny holland is amazing upfont with jarman or on his own wen i play donnelly behind him

im harrogate too, fanny holland is quality player of the month, i won my first 4 matches and was top of league, but then i started slipping down th table, im gonna take the advice some of you have been giving and start a new game and include all extra english players and be a former international, then promtion is on the cards icon14.gif

Originally posted by The_man_chump:

I cant download your shortlist sadly as my computer doesn't know what a slf file is, do i need to download something?

surley if you put it into the right folder you will still be able to open it when on FM?

the shortlist is an in game one, when you search for players it will appeaer as a saved shortlist, put in in folder mydoucments/sportsinteractive/footballmanager2008

and then load up game and it will be there when u open shortlists in player search icon14.gif

i'm on my second season... and i can't loan anyone! meaning i can't even offer them a loan contract, its always shaded out. the few that i can loan are for a max of 3 months... are there some pre-season rules i dont know about?

I Can't get Jarman scoring at the moment, what are people using as decent tactics. This is my team

GK Russell Payne

DL Bradley Jones

DR Andrew Callaghan (Millwall Loan)

DC Scott McClory

David Moore

Stuart Hole

MR Robbie Foy

Phil Stamp

ML Joe Tillen

MC Michael Noone (Millwall Loan)

Keith O'Halloran

Junior Lewis

Domenic Tierney

SC Nathan Jarman

Dean Sturridge

Millwall are my Parent club and I'm playing a 442 with AML and AMR

Load all French players,

Definitely worth it if you can get him,

Tarrassenko, End of Season...

42 Played, 37 Goals, 15 Assists and 16 MoM.

He's on 450 quid a week for my Lewes team, if that helps determine if you can get him or not..

I cant believe no-one else has found this guy, hes real superstar for lower division teams. His name is Donnovan Simmonds. I started as Worcester City and applied for a parent team. Got championship side Coventry and got Simmonds sent to me on loan. In that first season he almost single handedly got me promoted with 36 goals in 33 games. Loaned him again the following 2 seasons in the Blue Square Prem, in the 1st of them he scored 35 goals in 39 games and this season so far has scored 10 goals in 10 games. Havent been able to sign him permantely but am hoping to at the end of this season if i get promoted. His stats arent hugely flash but he does the job.

Originally posted by The_man_chump:

Is anyone able to tell me if there is a way to load all English and all French players

When you start a new game there's a 'load all players from:' option, just selecet England and France from the drop-down menu.

Then sign Tarrassenko and Balde icon_wink.gif

If anyone has Poland players loaded and is playing lower league sign Stasiak to play upfront.

6ft 6, quite quick, good finishing, will score you a million goals from the corner "Bug" too.

I signed him for 6k for AFC Telford in the Blue Square North. In my second season he scored 78 goals in all comps.

Also have a look at Jurak (AMR/FC) and Mysiak (DMC, retrains as AMC very easily) both great and cheap.

Prusak is a very good cheap GK for lower leagues too.

If you have all polish players loaded look at the club called "Polkowich" or something like that, loads of good cheap players.

Having a ball on my Woking file, ran away with the BSP, then to my shock and joy I won League 2 with ease, and in mid-February I look set to do the same again in League 1, despite being predicted to lose most every game.

Benjamin Charvaux was a great signing for the first season, Jarle Birkeland still gets the odd game now as well, but most of the others have been replaced.

I signed Jarman and he scored 3 in his first 2 games but then got a frickin' broken leg! He's out for 6-10 months!

However on the bright side I got Harry Forrester and Nathan Delfouneso on loan! This is for Halesowen Town by the way.

Just finished my first season with Blyth, won the title with 109 points but I struggled in the cups against BSP teams and I know my squad won't be good enough for that division.

I have been given nothing to spend aswell so I am in a dire situation, does anybody have any recomendations for players I can get for free?

Bear in mind there are a few regens starting to mix in. Singh and Sims are 2 examples of Championship players who are regens , wont even tempt you with the stats. Anyways, here are a few pics

First Team

http://aycu31.webshots.com/image/47270/2000224095847743344_rs.jpg

Reserves

http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/48384/2000224517213970318_rs.jpg

Tactics

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/49585/2000254711960662920_rs.jpg

Babic

http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/48302/2000295492155818798_rs.jpg

Ragab

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/46442/2000296582689840870_rs.jpg

Wang

http://aycu28.webshots.com/image/48707/2000203608766386200_rs.jpg

I just noticed the pastes got borked and i cant be bothered to edit them now.

If anyone would like me to I have a short list of my own for players signed in lower leagues that I can upload for other users.

These ar eplayers htat I have signed in the past for Dorchester, AFC Telford and Alfreton on long term games. Many of them have stayed as I have progressed up the leagues.

If people want i can make two lists

1 = List of good players for you to decide if they fit into your team

2 = Must buys. Players who will score you 50 goals a season, midfielders who as top draw and on £25 a week getting 50 assists a season.

I will upload a few screenies of players to see if they wet your appetite.

Archived