FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Promotion to the premier league was very quick, went up every year apart from 1 year of mid table in the Championship. Actually winning the league took me a while though, must have been my 6th season in the prem I think, came 2nd the previous 2 years.

Yeah Man U relegated and have an awful squad, I stole their only good player for £1m because of their financial trouble, they're in mountains of debt.

Signed D. Mpofu after downloading a shortlist someone posted somewhere, asked Mpofu to recommend any players and he recommended Agent Sawu, I am now one of Mpofu's favoured personnel which is what I aimed for, but this Agent Sawu just scored 2 on his debut icon_biggrin.gif, pretty good striker for the team tipped for first place in Conf South - Havant

I am Sutton United in my first season, I went 28 unbeaten but lost because I was resting my first team for a quarter final game in the Setanta shield. Here are my players that I bought...

VITO MANNONE - GK (LOAN FROM ARSENAL)

DIEGO ONESTA - AM - FREE

HENRI LANSBURY - AM - (LOAN FROM ARSENAL)

SCOTT COUSINS - DL - FREE

2 PLAYERS WHO ARE JUST THE BEST ARE

F. PATOUILLARD - DC - FREE - He is my Captain and has scored 25 GOALS IN 45 GAMES, from corners and Free-kicks.

MUST BUY. ALWAYS SCORES FROM CORNERS

J.TARRASSENKO - ST - FREE - SCORED 35 GOALS IN 29 STARTS.

I WON THE CONFERENCE SOUTH, I AM IN FA TROPHY FINAL AND SETANTA SHIELD FINAL!!!

Originally posted by TUMJM:

I am Sutton United in my first season, I went 28 unbeaten but lost because I was resting my first team for a quarter final game in the Setanta shield. Here are my players that I bought...

VITO MANNONE - GK (LOAN FROM ARSENAL)

DIEGO ONESTA - AM - FREE

HENRI LANSBURY - AM - (LOAN FROM ARSENAL)

SCOTT COUSINS - DL - FREE

2 PLAYERS WHO ARE JUST THE BEST ARE

F. PATOUILLARD - DC - FREE - He is my Captain and has scored 25 GOALS IN 45 GAMES, from corners and Free-kicks.

MUST BUY. ALWAYS SCORES FROM CORNERS

J.TARRASSENKO - ST - FREE - SCORED 35 GOALS IN 29 STARTS.

I WON THE CONFERENCE SOUTH, I AM IN FA TROPHY FINAL AND SETANTA SHIELD FINAL!!!

UP THE SUTTON!

The Board just expanded gander green lane on min e now. 45k capacity icon_biggrin.gif

Won the premier league 2 years in a row, just need to conquer Europe, been using my fringe players in Europe previously so I can concentrate on the title but The Champions League has to be priority now.

Good luck by the way, I had Lansbury in the Championship and he was awesome.

just started a new game at redditch after thinking about getting them to league 2 in an old game, but back then i had aston villa as a parent so delfouneso and mikaelson were easy to get and worked wonders

this time however my board "simply don't see the point in making links with any clubs at the moment" so i'm stumpted

most of the players here either don't come up on my database or don't want to play for me

anyone been redditch in the past and know of some good players who can be brought in for free

as i say i've just started so i'm not so much looking for youngsters with potential but players who can make immediate impact

thanks

Originally posted by Boskovic:

1. Dont go over your Wage budget.

2. Keep the squad small, no need for reserves

3. i dont know if people agree but i think physical attributes go a long way in the lower leagues.

4. dont spend money unless your raking it in, which i doubt it. Plenty of stars on free transfer. Also if a player costs something but isnt in a clubs first team bid £0, most the time they accept.

5. Loans are good.

6. ask players that have left bigger clubs tif they can recomend anyone from their previous club. Usually they will recomend somebody you can get with your budget and they tend to be pretty good.

7. arrange frindlies with huge club's reserves and u18s. This can bring in almost £15k a match.

keep to these and you should be fine financial wise.

Boskovic you genius

Originally posted by Archy-91:

just started a new game at redditch after thinking about getting them to league 2 in an old game, but back then i had aston villa as a parent so delfouneso and mikaelson were easy to get and worked wonders

this time however my board "simply don't see the point in making links with any clubs at the moment" so i'm stumpted

most of the players here either don't come up on my database or don't want to play for me

anyone been redditch in the past and know of some good players who can be brought in for free

as i say i've just started so i'm not so much looking for youngsters with potential but players who can make immediate impact

thanks

trying to remember back now

Curtis Jackosn

leke Odunsi

Scott Donelly

Gary Stopforth

Eddie Stanford

ell it's 2022/23 and Suttton Utd have finally won the Champions League icon_cool.gif Beat Valencia in the semis(they pretty much always knock me out) and then Chelsea in the final.

Also won the league again and beat Charlton in the FA Cup Final despite being 3-0 down at half time.

So the treble is won and we have amazing facilities and a 60k capacity stadium which pretty much gets sold out every match. Dont think I can take the club much further forward than that. Maybe time to move along to a club in the conference National, was hoping Palace would go down from league 2 so I could turn them around but they went on a great run in the end and stayed up.

Job hunting time...

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

ell it's 2022/23 and Suttton Utd have finally won the Champions League icon_cool.gif Beat Valencia in the semis(they pretty much always knock me out) and then Chelsea in the final.

Also won the league again and beat Charlton in the FA Cup Final despite being 3-0 down at half time.

So the treble is won and we have amazing facilities and a 60k capacity stadium which pretty much gets sold out every match. Dont think I can take the club much further forward than that. Maybe time to move along to a club in the conference National, was hoping Palace would go down from league 2 so I could turn them around but they went on a great run in the end and stayed up.

Job hunting time...

that is absolutley incredible art of drowning well done matey!!! how did u manage to keep your finances in check?

ive started a new game as stalybridge celtic (me and my dad used to play as them on the older champ man games)lets see if i can be as succeful with them as i was back then!

Thanks, on the way up to the prem our finances were never great and we just had to rely on selling squad players and replacing them with cheap foreigners and released youngsters from the prem. Having a good Parent Club helps as well.

Also teams below the conference spend an unrealistic amount, at the end of my 1st season I sold my backup left winger Joe Tillen to some team called Quorn for £150k. When it comes to being in the prem it's very easy to keep finances in check if you can survive 1st time round like I (just about) did, the tv revenue you build up every year makes it nice and easy for steady progress.

Decided not to move on though, cant bare someone else taking over that squad and I dont want to continue either. Time for a new game.

Yeah i noticed that on my bylth game when i took them to the coca cola championship. well my stalybridge chairman dosent see the point in having a parent club which is nice of him.

so are you going for another llm game or a diffrent approach?

Not a clue, I was so involved in that Sutton game just moving on to a new one is really hard. How sad is that icon_biggrin.gif

The San Marino club side is an interesting idea but then so is a random big club with loads of money like Salzburg or Shakhtar. Any ideas would be welcome actually.

ive tried shaktar the league is a walk over as are any domestic competitions and i won the champs league in my second season, so if your wanting an easy game try them but if your wanting something with a bit more of a challenge try taking a fallen giant back to where they belong like montpellier or piacenza or even kaiserslautern or borussia monchengladbach hope i helped

In my first season with my home town club Redditch on the 8.02. Going pretty good so far. I agree Tarrassenko is turning into a legend 20 in 23 games for me.

I've got a bit of a french revolution going on. Picked up two french wingers who are brillant..Onesta and Fadeaa. I've got villa as my parent club and have Earls and the Swede Mikelson(sp)

Top of the legue underfeated in 16 games. Knocked out Huddlesfield in 1st round FA Cup and next come Paul Ince's MK Dons.

First season at Havant and Waterlooville won the league, was linked with Tottenham, Man United, Liverpool and Portsmouth (Told the press I wasn't interested, board love me for that :p)

Got to the Quarter Final of Setanta Shield and Semi Final of FA Trophy.

Tried a few times to start new games since giving up on Sutton but in the end i've come back to the game.

Just cant tear myself away icon_cool.gif

lol why dont you do a fergie and go for a complete domination of english football for 2 decades?

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

Tried a few times to start new games since giving up on Sutton but in the end i've come back to the game.

Just cant tear myself away icon_cool.gif

lol why dont you do a fergie and go for a complete domination of english football for 2 decades? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's what i'm going for;

End of the 2023/24 season and My Sutton team just retained the Champions League Cool

Beat Valencia 2-1 AET in the final, former Sutton legend Wolfgang Wagner gave Valencia the lead only for current legend Alvize Pozzi to equalize. 31 year old DM substitute Marius Wolter won it for us in extra time. So pleased with that.

I also won the league for the 5th time in a row, beating Chelsea to it on the last game of the season. Man United lasted 1 season back in the top flight as they finished bottom, they are a rich club again after a takeover though.

Got a few players approaching 30 who I might sell while I can make some money on them, the board seem unable to forget our dissapointing performance in the league cup .

i'm Kettering Town and top of the league after 21 games and 14 points clear i just cant seem to stop winning!!! got Coventry as a parent club and have loaned a few of there players, couple of good ones are:

Liam Trotter - MC (Ipswich)

Hildreth MC - (Coventry)

Ross Turnbull GK - (Middlesbrough i think)

and Simmonds ST - (Coventry)

also a good player who scores lots of goals that i already had is Wescarr - pld 18 gls 13

If you play in the conference north/south, then i have found you an absoute gem. Even if if you play in the conference/league 2, you should still check him out. (8.02)

Wojchiech Jurak

Starting club: POLKOWICE

Starting Age: 17

Position: Striker

Price: Bought him on a free

My Club: AFC Telford United

I bought him in my second season in charge at the club. Didn't need to load Polish leagues either. I have just gained promotion to the Conference Premier with AFC Telford United via the playoffs, in my second season. (First season i struggled and finished in 17th place).

wojchiechiy7.jpg

During my succesful season, JURAK finished as my top goalscorer, scoring 32 goals in 34 games in league games. (I'm sure he would have scored even more than that, if it wasn't for his 2 month injury half way through my season.) 11 assists, 10 MOMs, and finished with an average rating of 7.71! He scored a few hat-tricks, and in one game he bagged 4 goals and recieved a match rating of 10/10.

ALSO, at the end of the season, he recieved the Conference North player of the year award!

This young fella is a goal machine, with bags of potential. I now have league 1/2 clubs chasing him after one season, so i hope i can hang onto him. His best stat is his natural fitness - 18. Worth 16k for me at the moment, but he will no doubt become more valuable than that.

JURAK will score loads of goals at BSN/BSS level, he doesn't cost anything, and he's only 17!

Archived