FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Bardell is very young but has been brilliant for me on the right wing if that helps. Scott Donelly is class obviously(couldnt get him to Vauxhall though)

anyway I went back to my Vauxhall game and i'm delight to say we are Champions. Vauxhall Motors are Blue Square North Champions icon_cool.gif

Nathan Jarman and Curtis Jackson a class partnership up front and Gary Stopforth bossing the midfield were the key to my success.

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BarcaBoy:

what great defenders can i get that are unattached?

Joey Hutchinson

Eddie Stanford

Nathan Koo-Boothe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oliver Harker-Smith

Jake Osbourne

Paul Huthinson

Coner Larkin ( Northern Irish load needed, attached but moves on a free )

Liam Atkin

I find Osborune, Harker-Smith and Koo-Boothe blow hot and cold depending on the game start.

I started the game 5 times and had all 3 of them on more than one occasion. Sometimes there stats suck others they just dont perform.

Liam Atkin is probably the best available.

But hes hard to get.

Sheku Kamara is a DC / DMC.. injury prone but a genius on the ball

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

Michael Bardell is very young but has been brilliant for me on the right wing if that helps. Scott Donelly is class obviously(couldnt get him to Vauxhall though)

anyway I went back to my Vauxhall game and i'm delight to say we are Champions. Vauxhall Motors are Blue Square North Champions icon_cool.gif

Nathan Jarman and Curtis Jackson a class partnership up front and Gary Stopforth bossing the midfield were the key to my success.

Anyone with Curtis Jackson, try tellling him that he needs to pull his finger out and play better.

I bollocked my team during a 0-1 half time loss to Torquay in the cup. ( bear in mind they are BSP im BSN ) next half Jackson nails 2 goals and a 9.

Team talk says " Inspired "

Game after, 9 and a hattrick !!!

Then he goes and sprains an ankle

But i think he works well if you give him a bollocking at half time

Originally posted by argyle4ever:

Hey!! Am playing as Worcester City (highly reccomend icon_wink.gif ) Could anyone reccomend a good AMR??

Thanks in advance!!

Dave McEwen as pre mentioned isnt bad.

Id try to get one on loan tbh mate. Try getting a prem feeder club ( middlesbourgh are a good one, lots of youngsters ) or something.

To really be honest.

I play a 2-3-3-2 now , i mainly adapted to Wing backs and 3 Centre mids ( 2 running onto the wing) because there do not seem to be very many solid wingers available at the lower levels. Tillen is probably the only one any good , Scott Donelly but again, hes hard to get.

Originally posted by Lower League Only:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by argyle4ever:

Hey!! Am playing as Worcester City (highly reccomend icon_wink.gif ) Could anyone reccomend a good AMR??

Thanks in advance!!

Dave McEwen as pre mentioned isnt bad.

Id try to get one on loan tbh mate. Try getting a prem feeder club ( middlesbourgh are a good one, lots of youngsters ) or something.

To really be honest.

I play a 2-3-3-2 now , i mainly adapted to Wing backs and 3 Centre mids ( 2 running onto the wing) because there do not seem to be very many solid wingers available at the lower levels. Tillen is probably the only one any good , Scott Donelly but again, hes hard to get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

+ Donelly and Tillen are Left backs....

My current team capt and a joy to watch in Midfield.

One of those "I feel safe hes on the ball players"

Scored a Hatrick for me 2 games ago and just set up both goals in the cup vs Bristol Rovers ( we drew 2-2 away)

You will have to load Irish players to get him but hes on a free transfer.

http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/32224/2001208070520948845_rs.jpg

about to start my 3rd season and have been given odds of 2-1 for promotion which are a huge difference from 33-1 last year.

as an extra incentive ive offered a high bonus if we can win the league. This will easily be funded by the money bought in from the friendlies in the close season.

ive made three signings for this new year which ill mention here if they do well enough.

ive also filled out the backroom staff with our first scout and 3 new coaches. im also going to ask the board to improve the facilities.

im feeling confident for this year ahead

Hi everyone,

ive just started my first season with havant & waterlooville, ive sold all of my original team and bough a brand new team of frees most of them suggested in this thredive won all of my friendlies,ive started the season with a 6-2 win against st albans and an 8-0 win against sutton utd.

im playing a 4-4-2 attacking formation my team is:

GK:R.Payne

RB:S.Rowland

LB:M.Hutchison

CB:N.Koo-Boothe

CB:M.Wicks

RM:S.Donnelly

LM:J.Tillen

CM:P.Green

CM:B.Balde

CF:M.Benaissa

CF:N.Jarman

Subs

F.Forker

G.Palmer

M.Crossley

S.Whiteside

M.Longo

So far i've only played the demo as getting the full game from amazon tomorrow. have playes as Huddersfield and then Torquay.

A GK i strongly recommend is Stephen Hernandez from Sheff Utd - got him at Hudds for 4k - not sure if he will come to non-league but worth a try. He is only 18 but made it into the 1st team and only conceded 17 goals in 24 matches.

I also recommend Matt Carbon and Simon Charlton for DC and DL. They are old and slow but their tackling ability more than makes up for their pace. They are great defenders in non-league.

In my Torquay game had already signed several of the players listed on this forum and definitely can recommend signing Donnelly, Asaba and Jarman - they alone will do the business for you.

Another great find with Huddersfield was Jody Morris on a free. I tried desparately to get him at Torquay but had trouble, maybe you guys can persuade him better than I can. I played him at AM/C and he was banging in the goals.

Good luck to you all. and if anybody has any great players who play AM/LC then please let me know.

im playing as worcester city and im doing quite well

i am 4th in league nearly half way through icon_biggrin.gif

Adam webster has been my main goal machine as he has 16 in 19 games

i sign nathan jarman and he has 7 in 8 games

and wilding has 9 in 17 so i doing well in the scoring department icon_biggrin.gif

i am letting in too many goals so i think i need a new GK any suggestions ?

I am bromley and have signed a number of players to bolster up my squad including loanees from chelsea. Currently Sitting top after 23 games 11 points clear Best players i had were:

Dean Sturridge

Frances Benali

Tazzam Islam

Michael Woods( On Loan from Chelsea)

Carl Murtagh ( On Loan From Chelsea)

welll...i was in the playoffs with three games remaining and my pc crashed. i could not believe it. i dont know how much ive lost yet but i was 10th till i went on a great run to 4th. so its been hard to get back into it but im gonna load it up now and see just how much ive lost.

Been mentioned, i also signed Mustapha Hadji.

He is an AMRC who is quality.

Some other decent players who ive come across.

Nathan Fisher FC, decent pace and accel, starts game on a free as he was released by Boro in the Summer, but IRL is at Gretna.

Two other players who were released by Boro are reasonable also.

Richard Langthorne DC and

Jason Honeyman D/MR

Fisher played one season for me at Blyth and was sold on for £20k + 50% and a friendly and offers for Langy have been getting towards £20k also.

Matthew Wicks DLC is a great signing, he used to play for arsenal.

Dean Gordon D/WBL ex Boro, Cov and still reasonable for season 1.

Andy Jordan DC ex Hartlepool, lacks a little pace but solid.

other great free signings are

Matt Brazier

Robbie Foy

Ben Thornley

Dean Sturridge

And my all time ever FM fave Carl Laurie.

Dont be mistaken by his poor stats, he will be the greatest player you have. Can play all over the back line and is superb to have on the bench.

Randomly picked Nuneaton Borough to play with in the Conference North. All English leagues loaded with SPL and Scottish First Division. Coventry were our parent team when I arrived and I got 3 players from them on loan. They were:

Bradley Jones - DR,DL,DC - 20 years old, played him mostly at DC and he was fairly solid. Played in mostly all our games.

Liam Davis - AML - Was my first choice left winger. Made 14 assists and scored 5 goals in 52 appearances and was one of my best players.

Stuart Giddings - DL,WBL,ML,AML - Outstanding at left back.

Also got Mark Forker(DC,MC) on loan from Hearts and he played alongside Jones most of the season and proved a good loan signing.

Signed striker Stuart Richardson on a free transfer who scored 36 goals in 50 starts, Brian McColligan(DM) from Bathgate Thistle who played in midfield very well and Scott Murray(GK) from Queens Park.

In October brought in two more loan signings - Bjarni Vidarsson(MC) from Everton who I'd highly recommend. He scored 23 goals from midfield and won player of the year and Michael Coulson from Barnsley(AMR,ST).

Following players left/were sold:

Mark Noon 1k to Havant & W

Connor Franklin 20k to Halesowen

Jamie Hood 1k to Halesowen

Darren Acton 3k to Halesowen

Danny Williams 1k to Leigh

Robert Oddy 1k to Redditch

Jamie Towers 5k to Workington

Robe Howe free transfer

Chris Robinson free transfer

Total made: 32k.

League

Won it at a canter in the end up. Was neck and neck with Hinckley for most of the season before they hit some awful form near the end.

League Table

Cups

FA Cup: Knocked out 2nd Round by Huddersfield.

FA Trophy: Knocked out 2nd Round by Grays.

Setanta Shield: Beat Stevenage 4-1 in the final to win it. \o/

Losing 172k a month on paying a loan which is an absolute killer. icon_frown.gif

Next season should be aiming for a play-off spot if we can renew a few of those loan signings. icon14.gif

i managed to replicate my run of good form before my game crashed and was top of the league with 45 minutes to go on the last gme of the season. I was top by one goal on goal difference and was currently 2-0 away at southport. however its a game of two halves and we succumbed to a sickening 3-2 defeat and finished 4th. still the play-offs beckonned.

I was drew against 3rd place tamworth who had not lost a game in 10 and they managed to pull off a 1-0 win over us at our place in the first leg. In the second leg we dropped behind by another goal, an error by my keeper and i was fumming thinking we had throw away a hard seasons work. However i made three subs and changed to an all out attack formation i keep in reserve for these times and we managed to net twice in the last 10 minutes. thinking it was going on away goals i went defencive and managed to keep the lead, i was shocked then when we went to extra time but we fought through that and went to penalties.

we lost 5-4 on pens with Greg Palmer missing the vital penalty. Well role on a nother season in the conference north.

That is if i am offered a new contract they seem to be in two minds on whether i get one or not. First it stated they were unsure then they wanted to start negotiations asap so i asked them for a new contract now they are unsure again.

To Be Continued...

Now, those three players i mentioned that i signed at the start and would report back on if they turned out to be good.

Daniel Maguire - AMRC/FC - very effective player in any of these positions. Was released from his club

Danzelle St. Louis Hamilton - GK - Keep numerous clean sheets in the second half of the campaign propelling us up the league. Was also released from his club

the thrid aced as a decent back up but not worth mentioning as a good signing

Originally posted by Law_Man:

Also Boskovic, what's the deal with part-time and full-time contract? Obviously those on full-time contracts can do full time training schedules. But how do you get your players to accept full time contracts? Most of the plays (and staff for that matter) that I try to offer contracts to only want part-time!?

The way i have managed to get my players on FT contracts was just offer them longer ones and it should work really. As for staff thats different, only way i got them to full time contracts was when my team went full time.

Originally posted by Cookie16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Law_Man:

Also Boskovic, what's the deal with part-time and full-time contract? Obviously those on full-time contracts can do full time training schedules. But how do you get your players to accept full time contracts? Most of the plays (and staff for that matter) that I try to offer contracts to only want part-time!?

The way i have managed to get my players on FT contracts was just offer them longer ones and it should work really. As for staff thats different, only way i got them to full time contracts was when my team went full time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sign the players to what ever they want, then offer them a longer full time contract ( same wage) once they are at the club.

They accept 100% of the time unless under 18.

Think this prooves how broken player of the year awards are..

Modified my general forum post

OK, past other managers being Jealous...

WHY OH WHY did Jarms not take Player of the season ??

I think this might be a bug, but if anyone can give a decent arguement as to why the AI considered any of these players in the same league as Jarms let alone better please let me know !

Jarms was actually in the top 5 running come voting, cos i couldnt vote for him I voted Danny Holland,

Awards

http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/31182/2000601727013816781_rs.jpg

Nathan Jarman

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/30399/2000667552937846240_rs.jpg

2 good strikers under 25 years when starting with a really low reputation club are:

Michael Moore (N. Ireland) 25 goals in 34 league+cup matches with Hampton & Richmond

Darren Jack (Scotland) 13 goals under same conditions as above

Some other nice max 25 years old free transfers i picked up at the start:

Willie Loughran (DR N. Ireland)

Sean Adams (DC N. Ireland)

Neil Quinn (AMC N. Ireland)

Originally posted by Lower League Only:

Think this prooves how broken player of the year awards are..

Modified my general forum post

OK, past other managers being Jealous...

WHY OH WHY did Jarms not take Player of the season ??

I think this might be a bug, but if anyone can give a decent arguement as to why the AI considered any of these players in the same league as Jarms let alone better please let me know !

Jarms was actually in the top 5 running come voting, cos i couldnt vote for him I voted Danny Holland,

Awards

http://aycu23.webshots.com/image/31182/2000601727013816781_rs.jpg

Nathan Jarman

http://aycu40.webshots.com/image/30399/2000667552937846240_rs.jpg

Most certainly looks like a bug, by the looks of it should have won it by a long shot. icon13.gif

it depends on the managers personality. if they have a defensive mentality then they will more than likely pick a defensive player etc. dont think its a bug. its just the way it is, it happens in real life to. The deserved player doesnt always get what they want

Boskovic - good point but don't think it applys to this example as the top 3 in the awards are all strikers, the same position as LLO's player who has performed better in all departments (goals,assists,average rating) including having made more appearances in the league.

Mind you it is very close on points. Top 3 only getting 5,4 and 3 points respectively so it hasn't been a unanimous choice.

Originally posted by Boskovic:

it depends on the managers personality. if they have a defensive mentality then they will more than likely pick a defensive player etc. dont think its a bug. its just the way it is, it happens in real life to. The deserved player doesnt always get what they want

Yeh i thought it was gonna be something along those lines Boskovic.

I was just stunned because ( as you can see ) Jarman had a spanking season.

Originally posted by dm_gers:

Squads shaping up nicely for our first season in the BS Premier. icon_smile.gif

Looking around for a MR and have had no luck so far, would Mustapha Hadji do the trick for me in that position?

Yeah he would, have a look for Foy he can play there also.

Sean Coburn MR

Archived