FM08 - Conference and Below (players named inside)

Sonic2006

Originally posted by heathxxx:

That's a great squat Tom. My personal favorites are Boubacar Balde and Yohan Guichard. I always wanted Mixolosi Mtsetfeua, but could never get a work permit - so I'm a bit jealous of you there!! icon_wink.gif

Guichard is a new signing to replace my loan winger from city. i got Mtsetfeua in october after i read a post on here. stopforth and green went to other clubs b4 i could get them. 24 games gone unbeaten 18 pts clear but starting 2 get suspensions and injuries... sold all the reserves. Doh

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow ive just won promotion to league 1 now so thats 3 back to back promotions and ive won the league every year ive just wont the coca cola league 2 with 5 games to go. ill post a bit later on what my team will be for my next season but here come blyth spartans to league 1

Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

Wow ive just won promotion to league 1 now so thats 3 back to back promotions and ive won the league every year ive just wont the coca cola league 2 with 5 games to go. ill post a bit later on what my team will be for my next season but here come blyth spartans to league 1

I did the same with Sutton but needed the playoffs to go up from league 2, ive found league 1 tougher than I thought, im mid table about halfway through.

As People have said, released players from prem clubs are a great help.

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GrimKeeper:

I did the same with Sutton but needed the playoffs to go up from league 2, ive found league 1 tougher than I thought, im mid table about halfway through.

As People have said, released players from prem clubs are a great help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah im expecting it to be hard but i have 2 very good strikers in andrie schembri who ive mentioned earlier and filip holhovsky whos a czech under 21 international n they have driven my promotion bid along with scott donnelly who is just amazing. yeah thats where ive been getting most of my players from if i dont think there good enough when i have them i sell them for a nice profit icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

I sold Donnely midway through my league 2 season, replaced him with some Romanian bloke.(cipciu(sp?)

i'm 7th now in league 1, only 1 place off the playoffs but 5 games in hand, i dont think i'll do it this year though. need to check out that Czech bloke you mentioned.

Yeah i spelt it wrong tho its acctually spelt

Filip Hlohovsky plays for Trencin

Also i cant reccomend Andre Schembri From Marsaxlokk enough hes superb. just finishing my league 2 season now about to move in to league 1 season 2010/2011

Originally posted by rolo:

Im in blue square south and season 1

Any help appreciated... cheers.

Nick Baxter (ENG) (GK) 'can' be quality but it depends on his starting stats that are given to him on game creation.

As for defenders, do a player search and filter out all DCs with Marking, Tackling, Positioning, Determination Team Work, Work Rate and Stamina with a score of 9 or more. Make sure you only filter out players who are unattached and tick 'Assistant remove unrealistic target' option. This should filter out some quality DCs that are available for free and willing to join. I'd give names but generally I find that some players starting stats change radically from save to save and they might be rubbish for you.

Im in blue square south and season 1

Any help appreciated... cheers.

Try russell payne from crumlin united hes a gk will be gud for a few seasons also gregory douard is a gk from the same club as boubacar balde

as for defenders theres

LB M.Hutchison from crumlin united, E. Stanford Both on a free

RB. N.Keady, L.Atkins both on a free

CB.J.Hutchinson, N.Koo-Boothe, O.Harker-Smith, M.Wicks, J.Osborne all on a free

OK im in to league 1 now. I think my teame is reasonable but may need improvement if im going to get promoted heres my squad i play a 4-5-1 or a 3-5-2 depending on how i feel.

GK-Wang Dalei (China International is amazing)

GK-Atanas Arshinkov

RB-James Smith

RB-Tony Stevenson

LB-Adam Ekersley

LB-Mark Nolan

CB-Matthew Bates (on loan from middlesbough)

CB-Laszlo Reinhardt

CB-Kenny Strickland

CB-Joe Dudgeon

DM-Christian Tadembo

DM-Dani

CM-Scott Donnelly

CM-Lauri Dalla Valle

AM-Hermann Depre

AM-Daniel Hutchins

RW-Clement Dragon

RW-Erik Grendel

LW-John Faranso

LW-Joe Tillen

CF-Andrei Schembri

CF-Filip Hlohovsky

CF-Victor Illugason

My Backroom Staff is also quite good

I have Frank Lebouf and Mustafa Hadji and also Claus Lundekvam as coaches. anyway im just about to start my preseason friendlies so ill see how good my squad is

Thanks for the help people.. now can anyone give me some wingers, centre/defensive midfielders and strikers.. would be much appreciated as i really need new players as im really weak in all positions.. thanks alot!

Thanks for the help people.. now can anyone give me some wingers, centre/defensive midfielders and strikers.. would be much appreciated as i really need new players as im really weak in all positions.. thanks alot!

LOL why didnt you just ask us for a new squad?

oh wait you are lol

Try scott donnelly i highly recomend him he is awesome as a center attacking mid try joe tillen for your left mid and yohan guichard for your right wing also scott coburn is good on the right wing try lee paul scroggins, philip green, mark forker for center mids and boubcar balde, mohamed benaissa, carl asaba, dean sturridge, kyle jordan and curtis jackson as strikers

also balde can be very good as a centre mid too

Thanks so much mate.. Joe tillen doesnt seem to show up for me.. what club does he play for?

Thanks again!

Joe tillen is actually on a free you need to load all players from england as well as the english leagues but if you cant find him try robbie foy hes just as good on the left

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

I sold Donnely midway through my league 2 season, replaced him with some Romanian bloke.(cipciu(sp?)

i'm 7th now in league 1, only 1 place off the playoffs but 5 games in hand, i dont think i'll do it this year though. need to check out that Czech bloke you mentioned.

Also i cant reccomend Andre Schembri From Marsaxlokk enough hes superb. just finishing my league 2 season now about to move in to league 1 season 2010/2011 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both of them arent on my game icon_frown.gif

just to update on mine, i'm now 4th and in with a real chance of getting automatic promotion if i get a run together.

a few players I reccomend:

Doudin

Bajdziak

Dalla Valle

Anthony Daval

Alexandru Chipciu (really recommend him)

Dancho Vachev (getting prem interest)

Thomas Heurtaux

Nicolas Dumortier

David Parada

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rolo:

Thanks so much mate.. Joe tillen doesnt seem to show up for me.. what club does he play for?

Thanks again!

Joe tillen is actually on a free you need to load all players from england as well as the english leagues but if you cant find him try robbie foy hes just as good on the left </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep for most players you have to load additional players from England. he rotated for me mainly in season 1 and I sold him at the end for over £100k to Quorn.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Art of Drowning:

They've only shown up on one new game I've created out of the last ten or so, this is very frustrating!

Would you mind doing me a favour? Would you mind starting a new game with all leagues in England, large database, and load all players from England, and see if they appear for you? Cheers. And what leagues are you running? Like I said, they've only appeared once out of about 10 times I've tried, surely if they appear once they should appear every time! lol FM is so random sometimes.

Also i cant reccomend Andre Schembri From Marsaxlokk enough hes superb. just finishing my league 2 season now about to move in to league 1 season 2010/2011 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies for the double post, I messed it up.

They've only shown up on one new game I've created out of the last ten or so, this is very frustrating!

Would you mind doing me a favour? Would you mind starting a new game with all leagues in England, large database, and load all players from England, and see if they appear for you? Cheers. And what leagues are you running? Like I said, they've only appeared once out of about 10 times I've tried, surely if they appear once they should appear every time! lol FM is so random sometimes.

Here are some lower league gems:

Souleymane Cissé: Ivorian international DM w/ 12 caps and a French passport too. Free from Croix de Savoie (amateur French team)

Macauley Chrisanthus:16 y/o Nigerian with no club, but very hard to get WP.

Rafik Mezriche:Algerian International RB free from La Chapelle.

Uros Svegelj:Superb GK from Triglav (Slovenia)

Also it's worth a shot to try and sign out of contract Peruvian internationals in Peruvian leagues.Make sure they're internationals though so they can get WPs.

If it hasn't been said yet i will share this hint with you.

you can pick up a ton of free/ cheap players from northern ireland if you have the leagues turned on. icon_smile.gif

1st season as blyth I signed:

(GK) lee windrum - 5K, coach says league 1

(MRC) mark mcdaid - free handy winger, all round quality

(SC) colin mack - free good striker and target man but a bit slow

Started a game with Hayes and Yeading. No transfer budget, almost impossible to sign any players, but won the league due to:

Getting Fulham as a parent, and taking most of their reserves on loan (Ehui- 37 goals.)

And free transfers:

Russel Payne (Crumlin Utd- quality keeper)

Zlatko Yankov (Kameno- Plays CB, DM, CM, quality)

Mustapha Hadji

Moses Swaibu (crystal Palace- superb CB)

Andy Taylor (Grimsby- Really quick striker- will score goals)

This is my first season playing as a LL club and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Played 2 seasons so far with Oxford Utd and have been promoted each time, am now in League 1 and about to start the new season. Thought i'd drop some recommended players myself.

Johann Smith (loan from Bolton), you can get him to join on loan from the Conference Premier League, upwards. His technical and mental stats may look pretty bad, but his physical stats are amazing. He scored 48 goals in 48 appearances for my team in League 2, he never gets tired as his Natural Fitness and Stamina ratings are so high. Loaned hm again for the new season.

Owen Price - Grab him on a free from the beginning of season 1. You will have competition to get his signature, but if you offer him a trial at the beginning of the game and sign him towards the end of the trial, you should get him. The boy is unstoppable from freekicks. He once scored a hat-trick of freekicks in a game, take note, that has only ever happened once in real life. Best played on the right wing.

Nick Colgan - Signed him on my second season. Very consistent goalkeeper and experienced. Former Irish international. Got him on a free.

Sean Evans (loaned from Man Utd) - Develops in to a really good winger for lower leagues, i've been also playing him as left back.

Ramon Calliste - Has great pace and when he has a good partner up front, he will bag you a few goals. Great partner for Johann Smith.

Rudolph Austin - Admittedly, i've only just signed him, due to WP issues and I haven't played him yet, but his stats are amazing. Jamaican international who plays for Portmore Utd, scouts are saying he is premiership quality. He would be willing to sign for you in League 2!

I've signed a few other players, that have already been mentioned in this thread and have had a lot of success. Older heads like Paul Telfer, Steven Lomas and Simon Charlton have been a great help with experience and getting me up the leagues, due to their mental stats. Squad is looking short on experience this year though. Brought in Ormerod as a backup striker this season, Sol Davis signed during season 2 transfer window and Colgan is still at the club. Aiming for the playoffs this time around.

Originally posted by ian@work:

Also, how the hell did you lot manage to get a parent club. I've asked 5 times since I started my career with Oxford and each time, they say no. Really annoying.

I got QPR in the first season with Oxford and ive cancelled the link now in the 3rd season (im in league 1 now) and I got Chelsea.

OK let me give an update on my Oxford United team aswell..

3rd season, back to back promotions, am in league 1 now icon_smile.gif

Basically sell most of my players again and got a whole new squad:

GK: David Martin (loan)

DL: Andy Taylor (loan)

DR: Pedro (regen - Sao Paulo)

DC: Petter Torp (regen)

DC: Dorian Andronic (220K - SC Vaslui)

DMC: Andreas Prinz (regen)

ML: Erik Grendel (85K - Dubnica)

MR: Sabrin Sburlea (200K - FC Brasov)

MC: Nacer Barazite (loan)

MC: Andrei Ionescu (350K - U Craiova)

FC: Daniel Sturridge (loan)

Most of my eastern europe signings are 'good premiership' signings according to my ass man.

Am in 2nd place now, 3 points and a match behind Portsmouth (LOL!!)

Im Altrincham and finished 12 in my first season with a squad that was tipped to struggle thank to a few players sent out by my feeder club Bolton

Second season i preety much cghanged my squad and signed released youth players from the premiership.

Currently 5th and Ive got Karl Moore (manchester City Youth) Wolfe (Bolton youth) and GAvin Rothery (Leeds Rerserves) having brilliant seasons!

Just an update on my Sutton side, currently 14th in our 1st season in the Championship, just over halfway through the season. think im closer to the playoffs than relegation but the main aim has to be survival. I'll just copy and paste what I said in the OTF thread:

Simon Walton is my 2nd top scorer at Sutton, chips in with a few wonder goals from the DM position.

Signed a few players who I believe to have Championship quality:

FW: Billy Clark (ipswich)

FW: Dexter Blackstock(QPR)

RB: Mikel Leigertwood(QPR)

AM: Henry Lansbury (Portsmouth)

AML: Wojiech Sterczewski (Lechia Gdansk)

GK: Julien Pihet (Valencieness)

This added to the already good enough

Gk: Alex McCarthy (Reading)

D RLC: Scott Moffatt (Man U)

CB: Thomas Heraux (Caen)

CB: Derk Hoogendoorn (regen)

DM: David Parada (Cadiz)

DM: Simon Walton (QPR)

MR: Astrit Ajdarevic (Liverpool)

AM: Boubacar Balde (concarneau)

FW: Chedwyn Evans (Loan)

Mstetfeua, Stanford and Dumortier will leave at the end of the season and i'm desperate for a Left Back. Otherwise with a few good loanees next year from my new parent club Arsenal I think I can build a side capable of promotion to the prem next year. Come on survival this season though

I always start off as Kettering in the BSN-

Always sign-

Tomi Ameobi- Leeds, great young striker (loan)

Tom Clarke- Yeovil, another grat striker

Alan Sheehan - leicester, DLC SOLID(LOAN)

Andy King -Leicester AMC AMAZING (LOAN)

Johnathan Hayes- Leicester amrl amazing (loan)

Lee hildreth coventry cm solid

Marc Laird-free solid

Mark King-blackburn 1k left back gr8 palyer at this level

junior osbourne - watford - rb or rw

Joe magunda-leicester solid rb

Ryan sugden st free transfer scores for fun in bsp!!

Hope these help icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by rogier1985:

Most of my eastern europe signings are 'good premiership' signings according to my ass man.

Good player, he starts of shakey, but once he gets used to the way I play, he is very consistent. He's rated premiership quality for my team now, paid 130k for him.

Still struggling in League 1 though, could be due to the fact that I have a very young squad now after releasing the oldies at beginning of the season.

Originally posted by ian@work:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rogier1985:

Good player, he starts of shakey, but once he gets used to the way I play, he is very consistent. He's rated premiership quality for my team now, paid 130k for him.

Still struggling in League 1 though, could be due to the fact that I have a very young squad now after releasing the oldies at beginning of the season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had the exact same experience with Andronic. Good from the start, and grows with your team. A similar DL player is Sepsi, who has even better stats, and can be signed for a similar fee.

well thanks to everyone who helped me in finding some good players icon_smile.gif

T.V im playing as Havant and Waterlooville in the cof south, good thing is pompey are your affialte so you can loan mark wilson and stuf which are amazing at the level your playing at

Originally posted by Sweet-Zombie-Jesus:

I've just started a game with Havant & W and I need some players but I don't know who to get.

first off try to loan pompy players i managed to get wilson who just runs my midfield and is class

then i moved onto that other team from down here*scum* and got 2 more loans from them

will post my squad up later

I finally finished my first season with Bath City and got promoted into BSP but desperately need a new striker. I have three strikers but one is extremely inconsistent and only managed about 6 goals after 30 games.

Anyone got any recommendations for a good striker I can pick up on a free at the start of season 2? I haven't got a parent club and finding it difficult to get a loan.

Archived