[FM10] -In Memory of Sven-

BJT

uploadintro.jpg

It's been a decade since Lazio saw Serie A success, winning the Scudetto with Sven Goran Erikkson. Currently a mediocre team in Italy, but with a fantastic stadium & good support they have the potential to become a big club again under the right leadership (says new boss Gene Moss).

The new Lazio boss has made it well known of his admiration of Sven, hailing his previous successes with Gothenburg, Benfica, & Lazio, whom is considered by many to be their best manager in history. He is also amazed at the impatience shown by his own nation's FA, clearly thinking he overchieved with a mediocre bunch of English players.

"He was very unfortunate to not make at least 2 semi-finals as England boss. Both quarter finals they didn't not lose the game, but only went out the door to the drama of penalty shootouts. He should still be the English boss. Look at McLaren and Capello, English football has taken massive backward steps since his departure".

But he is well & truly aware of the challenge that faces him to make this team a giant in Italy once again, but an ambitious coach is a great sign for the club from Rome, whose first task is to make this Rome side the more successful of the two side playing at the Olimpico Stadium. Rome have had good success recently, with Ranieri a whisker away from winning the Scudetto last year, whilst reaching the Coppa Italia final.

Moss has not given any indication of what his current plans are with the squad at hand, but sources indicate he is looking for a complete overhaul of the team currently employed at the blue half of Rome. He is renowned for a coach who likes to play a passing game, with players who work hard for the team. The fans await to see what kind of impact Moss can make in his first season in charge. There are doubts that an English coach can have a positive impact in the Serie A, but the fans are willing to give him a chance to shine.

---

Game Information

FM Version: 10.3

Leagues Loaded: England (premier league), Spain (la liga), Italy (serie a)

Database Size: Large

---

Club Information

Year Founded: 1900

Fierce Rivals: Roma, Livorno

Stadium: Olimpico

Stadium Capacity: 81193 all-seater

Scudettos: 2 (1974,2000)

Champions League: 0

Pre-Season Dealings

A big summer of wheeling and dealing, in which Lazio have been the busiest club in this transfer window for both buying and selling players. The overhaul which many have predicted has come true, with the blues spending over 100mil on players, and selling 60 or so million in trying to balance the books.

Moss has dipped into the water, with a balanced number of signings. Many potential stars, and a few quality players have been added to the ranks, with the Argentine playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme being the name to stand out.

Many wait to see what Moss can do to bring these many new figures into a cohesive unit. Moss seems to be quite optimistic about the upcoming season.

“We’ve lost a couple of good players, but I think we’ve recruited extremely well this Summer. We have a squad now quite nicely balanced, whom I think over the course of the season will gel together well. If we can stay clear of injuries this year, I can’t see why we cannot surpass our expectations of mid-table.”

transfersyear1.jpg

Italian Super Cup Final (08.08.09)

supercupyear1.jpg

Post Match Interview

"It may have been seen as just another pre-season cup, but I'm delighted at the way the team have performed in our first competitive game together. Moutinho was instrumental today, but we realise the real season has yet to start. But I think this result shows we have the potential to cause a few upsets this season. We need to strive for consistency, and see where we end up at the end of the year."

The Lazio fans must be delighted with this highly unexpected victory, and can't wait till to the big kick off in a couple of weeks time, where they again have to face Inter at the Giuseppe Meazza. No doubt they'll be taking this game more seriously, & will look for quick revenge.

Season 1 - Cup Results (Part 1/1)

Italian Super Cup

-vs Inter (N) won 3-0

**Lazio Super Cup Winners

---

Euro Cup

Qual Round 4

-vs Polonia Warszawa - Leg 1 (A) won 1-0

-vs Polonia Warszawa - Leg 2 (H) won 4-0

Group Stages

-vs Sporting CP (H) won 4-0

-vs Red Star (A) won 4-0

-vs Fc Twente (H) won 5-1

-vs Fc Twente (A) won 2-0

-vs Sporting CP (A) lost 3-2

-vs Red Star (H) won 6-1

**Lazio quality for K/O stages in 1st Place

Knockout Stages

R1 (L1) - vs Marseille (A) won 3-0

R1 (L2) - vs Marseille (H) won 2-1

R2 (L1) - vs Athletic Bilbao (A) won 2-0

R2 (L2) - vs Athletic Bilbao (H) won 4-0

QF (L1) - vs Roma (A) won 2-1

QF (L2) - vs Roma (H) won 2-1

SF (L1) - vs A Madrid (H) won 2-0

SF (L2) - vs A Madrid (A) lost 1-2

FL - vs Stuttgart (N) won 4-1

**Lazio Euro Cup Winners

---

Coppa Italia

R1 - vs Palermo (H) won 4-1

QF - vs Inter (A) won 2-1

SF (L1) - vs Fiorentina (H) won 3-0

SF (L2) - vs Fiorentina (A) drew 2-2

FL - vs AC Milan (N) won 1-0

**Lazio Coppa Italia Winners

Season 1 - League Results (Part 1/2)

August

R1 - vs Inter (A) drew 2-2

R2 - vs Genoa (H) won 4-3

September

R3 -vs Napoli (A) won 1-0

R4 -vs Siena (H) won 3-0

R5 -vs Parma (A) won 4-0

October

R6 - vs Bari (H) won 5-0

R7 - vs Palermo (H) lost 0-3

R8 - vs Atalanta (A) won 2-0

R9 - vs Cagliari (A) won 3-1

November

R10 - vs Fiorentina (H) won 2-1

R11 - vs Sampdoria (A) won 5-2

R12 - vs Roma (H) won 2-0

R13 - vs AC Milan (A) won 2-1

December

R14 - vs Udinese (H) won 3-0

R15 - vs Juventus (A) won 2-0

R16 - vs Bologna (A) won 4-0

**XMAS Update**

-Transfer Budget Increase of 9.5Mil GBP*

-League Table Standings (Xmas)-

Pos/Played/Won/Drawn/Lost (For/Against) =Pts=

1. Lazio - 16 / 14 / 1 / 1 (44/13) +31 =43pts=

2. A.C Milan - 16 / 10 / 3 / 3 (29/12) +17 =33pts=

3. Inter - 16 / 9 / 3 / 4 (26/12) +14 =30pts=

4. Palermo - 16 / 9 / 2 / 5 (20/13) +7 =29pts=

5. Juventus - 16 / 8 / 4 / 4 (27/15) +12 =28pts=

-First Half of Season Review-

It has been a truly fantastic first half of the season for Lazio, who currently top the Serie-A table after 16 games going into the Xmas break. Moss couldn't have dreamed for such a good start, with the team gelling extremely well in such a short space of time. With Juventus in 5th place 15 points behind, top 4 is certainly now a realistic target for the Biancocelesti. Their successes will depend however on availability of key players. Do they have the depth to continue this form on for the rest of the year?

Lazio Boss Moss had this to say:

"You are correct, it's been a superb year so far. We've had a couple of bad games, in which we have capitulated alarmingly, but our consistency has been very pleasing, something which I've told my boys to aim to focus on this year. If we play well most weeks, we have the ability to get the results. Can we continue our good form? I certainly hope so. I'll be aiming to bring in another player or two this January window to help boost our squad. We are still in the Euro Cup, and have the Coppa Italia to resume next year. If we can keep our guys fit, I think we can continue to do well and have a successful season. Top 4 this year would be an incredible achievment"

---

January Transfer Window

Lazio have bolstered their squad, recruiting striker Roberto Soldado from Getafe, and defensive midfielder Angelo Palombo from Sampdoria, for a combined fee of 33 Mil GBP.

"I'm delighted to have captured both these players, who will I'm sure have a major part to play in defining the success we have this year. We've got the numbers now I believe to carry us through with exception to the worst injury crisis possible. I'm confident both players will suit our squad mentality and will have no problems settling in with the lads."

---

Season 1 - League Results (Part 2/2)

January

R17 - vs Livorno (H) won 4-0

R18 - vs Chievo (H) won 7-0

R19 - vs Catania (A) won 5-0

R20 - vs Genoa (A) won 6-2

R21 - vs Napoli (H) won 5-0

February

R22 - vs Inter (H) won 6-1

R23 - vs Siena (A) won 1-0

R24 - vs Parma (H) won 4-0

R25 - vs Cagliari (H) won 3-0

March

R26 - vs Bari (A) won 2-1

R27 - vs Palermo (A) lost 1-3

R28 - vs Atalanta (H) drew 0-0

R29 - vs Fiorentina (A) won 4-3

R30 - vs Sampdoria (H) won 4-1

April

R31 - vs Roma (A) won 2-0

R32 - vs AC Milan (H) won 3-1

R33 - vs Livorno (A) won 4-0

R34 - vs Udinese (A) drew 0-0

R35 - vs Juventus (H) won 4-1

May

R36 - vs Bologna (H) won 3-1

R37 - vs Chievo (A) won 4-0

R38 - vs Catania (H) won 3-0

**Lazio Serie-A Winners

i just wanna say i met the man when he was dof at my team (notts county) an absolute true gent who waived his £2 million pounds owed in wages when thr middle east money never materialised my prized possession a picture i had took with him which is my laptop background!!!

Season 1 - Review

Coppa Italia Final - SS. Lazio 1 - 0 A.C. Milan

S.S Lazio battled to a deserved 1-0 victory over A.C. Milan on a fine spring evening in their Italian Cup Final game at Olimpico.

Wonderkid Moussa Sissoko gave Lazio the lead with a tame effort in the 39th minute. Towering centre-back Oguchi Onyewu then summed up his team's performance by nearly gifting Lazio another goal on 68 minutes.

Lazio had a number of attempts on goal but their profligacy meant they didn't score as many as maybe they would have liked.

Attendance: 81193

The Lazio boss Moss had this to say post match:

"It was a wonderful performance by our boys today. A few of the guys starting haven't have had any cup final experience, but we had a nice mixture of experience heads and youth to bring us through. The goal was perhaps a bit fortunate in the way it came, but I think we were the better side over the 90 minutes being played. Credit goes to their keeper, he had a good game & kept them in it until the end. But to reach a final with a new team in it's first season I believe is a magnificent achievment. We are in prime position in the league, and still have the Euro Cup to come. So we will need to keep focussed for the remainder of the season & try our best in these more considerably prestigious competitions."

--

Euro Cup Final - S.S Lazio 4 - 1 Vfb Stuttgart

An efficient performance from Lazio saw them run out 4-1 winners over Vfb Stuttgart at HSH-Nordbank-Arena. A brace from Mauro Zarate helped Lazio to victory.

Midfield playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme gave Lazio the lead with a screamer from the edge of the area in the 11th minute. Cultured midfielder Joao Moutinho doubled Lazio's lead with a placed shot on 45 muntes.

Zarate scored with a screamer from the edge of the area in the 52nd minute to extend the lead further. Winger Salomon Kalou pulled one back for Stuttgart after 70 minutes with a good header from just inside the six-yard box.

There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout on 90 minutes as that man Zarate popped up again with a placed shot.

Attendance: 46500

Moss' words after the game:

"The experience and success against Milan in the Coppa Italia really helped us in a game like this. We learnt quickly as at times we could have let Milan back into the game back then. Today, we had a great control of the game, without much of the possesion of the ball. I have to pay tribute to our defence and solid midfield foundation, as they really minimised the chances Stuttgart had all game to score. Riquelme and Zarate were absolutely superb on the offence today, and rightly deserve the plaudits they will undoubtedly receive after this game. But what was most pleasing, was we played a great team game today, & I think to be fair we have been good for the majority of the season.

This is our fourth trophy of the year, & a year that will perhaps be remembered forever in this club's history. I will be saying to the players, have a few more wines than usual today & even over the Summer! But next season will be a new challenge for us. To retain the Serie A, and to compete in the champions league."

--

Serie-A

Champions: Lazio

Champions League: Inter, Juventus, AC Milan

Euro Cup: Palermo, Livorno

Relegated: Chievo, Sampdoria, Siena

Final League Table

finaltableseason1.jpg

Moss' thoughts on his first year at Lazio:

"It's been an unbelievably outstanding year for us this season. I would have been very pleased getting a top 4 spot, but to win all competitions we've entered this year is incredible. And to win the Serie A for the first time since Sven achieved this in 2000 is a great feeling for all of the squad, staff, and fans. We don't want this to be a one off season of success though, we need to continue to build for the Champions League this forthcoming year, and for the first time in the club's history aim to retain this league trophy. We have spent a fair amount of money this year, and I'll be talking to the chairman to see what we have to invest for next season. I'm hopeful we can bring in a few more names into the squad, as we'll need this extra quality to compete on all fronts."

Season 2 - Pre-Season Dealings

After last year's success, Lazio undoubtedly will have some more funds available for strengthening their squad in their quest to build on from their achievments. A budget over 45million has led to another market of activity for the blue side of Rome, with a big eye on wonderkid Miralem Pjanic joining their ranks. They clearly see him the successor of Juan Riquelme, who now is aged 32. His performances however are still superb at his age, and should still be able to offer the club something for the next couple of years.

Transfers In

Federico Macheda (Man Utd) - 17.5m

Rafael (Man Utd) - 12.5m

Miralem Pjanic (Lyon) - 28.5m

Fabio (Man Utd) - 22.5m

Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux) - 25m

Mamadou Sakho (Paris SG) - 25m

Jack Rodwell (Everton) - 22.5m

Transfers Out

Stephen Ayodele Makinwa (Sheff Wed) - 1m

Juan Pablo Carrizo (FC Bayern) - 2.6m

Mourad Meghni (Cagliari) - 1.1m

Emilson Cribari (Portsmouth) - 1.3m

Helder Postiga (A Madrid) - 2.3m

Achille Webo (Reggina) - 1m

Lionel Scaloni (Espanyol) - 650k

Eliseu (PSV) - 2.5m

---

Italian Super Cup - SS. Lazio 2 - 0 A.C. Milan

A sturdy defence and a battling midfield display were the foundations upon which S.S Lazio built their 2-0 victory over A.C. Milan this evening.

Lazio finally took the lead when midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger scored a powerful effort on 68 minutes. Striker Roberto Soldado finally rounded off their victory on 90 minutes with a place shot.

Attendance: 80698

" A very pleasing display today, carrying on our good form from last year. We were struggling to get the grips for a fair bit of the game, but the work-rate and determination of the lads today is what won us the game. They seemed to get a bit frustrated on the later part, not being able to break us down. We didn't start any of our new guys today, as we are looking to gradually bring them in during points at the season when they'll be needed. They are all quite young, and I believe they can learn a fair bit from being around and seeing the current crop of players performing at the high levels they have shown they are capable of."

---

European Super Cup - Real Madrid 1 - 2 S.S Lazio

S.S. Lazio had luck on their side as they played out an entertaining European Super Cup fixture against Real Madrid C.F.

Lazio finally took the lead whenh cultured midfielder Joao Moutinho scored a placed shot on 45 minutes. R Madrid's equaliser came through Raul as he seized on Salvatore Boccheti's mistake to score a fine header from point-blank range. Sold centre-back Salvatore Bocchetti then clinched a late winner for the away side on 89 minutes with a real poacher's effort.

Bocchetti's impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Attendance: 18524

"I told the lads before the game to take this game seriously. Warranted, it is a friendly cup between European's winners from last season, but a trophy is a trophy to win, especially testing ourselves against a side full of quality players & match winners in their ranks. To be able to win with their best team available is a phenonemal achievment & I'm delighted with the way we carried out our game plan today. We knew they would have alot more of the ball & create more chances, but I have full confidence in our players in getting a result against any side. It's a great confidence booster to us this win going into the important games for the rest of this year. It's going to be near impossible to surpass our achievment last year, but now competing with Europe's elite we need to prioritise for a long season ahead."

Season 2 - Cup Results (Part 1/1)

Italian Super Cup

-vs A.C Milan (N) won 2-0

**Lazio Super Cup Winners

---

Champions League

Group Stages

-vs A.Madrid (A) lost 2-1

-vs Man Utd (H) drew 1-1

-vs Slavia Prague (H) won 4-1

-vs Slavia Prague (A) won 5-0

-vs A.Madrid (H) won 2-0

-vs Man Utd (A) won 2-1

**Lazio Quality for KO stages in 1st Place

Knockout Stages

R1 (L1) - vs Celtic (A) won 5-0

R1 (L2) - vs Celtic (H) won 3-2

QF (L1) - vs Man Utd (A) drew 2-2

QF (L2) - vs Man Utd (H) won 2-1

SF (L1) - vs Arsenal (A) won 2-1

SF (L2) - vs Arsenal (H) drew 1-1

FL - vs FC Bayern (N) won 2-1

**Lazio UEFA Champions League Winners

---

Coppa Italia

R1 - vs Bologna (H) won 3-0

QF - vs Palermo (H) won 2-0

SF (L1) - Cagliari (H) won 3-0

SF (L2) - Cagliari (A) won 4-2

FL - vs Inter (N) won 4-1

**Lazio Coppa Italia Winners

Season 2 - League Results (Part 1/2)

August

R1 - vs Catania (H) won 2-0

R2 - vs Torino (A) won 2-0

September

R3 - vs Inter (H) drew 0-0

R4 - vs Atalanta (A) won 1-0

R5 - vs Parma (H) won 6-0

R6 - vs Genoa (A) won 2-1

October

R7 - vs Fiorentina (A) drew 2-2

R8 - vs Bari (H) won 5-0

R9 - vs Livorno (H) won 3-0

R10 - vs Roma (A) won 3-0

R11 - vs Juventus (H) drew 1-1

November

R12 - vs A.C Milan (A) won 4-0

R13 - vs Udinese (H) drew 1-1

R14 - vs Vicenza (A) won 7-0

R15 - vs Bologna (H) drew 0-0

December

R16 - vs Leece (H) won 4-0

R17 - vs Palermo (A) won 3-2

R18 - vs Napoli (A) won 2-0

**XMAS Update**

-Transfer Budget Increase of 15m GBP*

-League Table Standings (Xmas)-

Pos/Played/Won/Drawn/Lost (For/Against) =Pts=

1. Lazio - 18 / 13 / 5 / 0 (51/7) +44 =44pts=

2. Inter - 18 / 12 / 6 / 0 (33/6) +27 =42pts=

3. Juventus - 18 / 10 / 5 / 3 (22/10) +13 =35pts=

4. Fiorentina - 18 / 10 / 4 / 4 (29/13) +16 =34pts=

5. Parma - 18 / 8 / 5 / 5 (19/25) -6 =29pts=

-First Half of Season Review-

Lazio Boss Moss had this to say:

" It's been good year again so far. We've done extremely well to get through a very tricky Champions League group, whilst keeping our league form consistent at the same time. It's going to be a very tight year this year, with Inter only 2 points adrift off of us. Both teams have done fantastically well to remain undefeated so far. We just need to keep doing what we are doing in the second half of the season & I'm sure we'll be in contention for the title come the end of the year. It's been a great plus that Rafael has performed extremely well at right back. Fanni was unfortunate with his injury which has kept him out the majority of the year so far, but he'll have to work hard to establish his place back within the first team. It's great to be in the position of great competition for places, alot better than the alternative."

---

January Transfer Window

Transfers In: None

Transfers Out: Andre Dias (Palermo - 2.4m)

---

Season 1 - League Results (Part 2/2)

January

R19 - vs Cagliari (H) won 6-0

R20 - vs Catania (A) won 4-0

R21 - vs Torino (H) won 3-0

R22 - vs Inter (A) won 2-0

R23 - vs Atalanta (H) won 7-0

R24 - vs Parma (A) won 3-0

February

R25 - vs Livorno (A) won 6-0

R26 - vs Genoa (H) won 2-1

R27 - vs Fiorentina (H) won 3-1

R28 - vs Bari (A) won 5-1

March

R29 - vs Roma (H) drew 1-1

R30 - vs Juventus (A) won 2-1

R31 - vs A.C Milan (H) won 6-1

R32 - vs Udinese (A) won 4-0

April

R33 - vs Vicenza (H) won 7-0

R34 - vs Bologna (A) lost 1-0

R35 - vs Palermo (H) drew 1-1

May

R36 - vs Leece (A) drew 1-1

R37 - vs Napoli (H) won 4-0

R38 - vs Cagliari (A) won 2-0

**Lazio Serie-A Winners

Season 2 - Review

Coppa Italia Final - SS. Lazio 4 - 1 Inter

"Lazio take their chances"

F.C. Internazionale succumbed to a 4-1 loss in this evening's Italian Cup final clash at Olimpico.

Midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger got Lazio off to a flyer by scoring a powerful effort from the edge of the area which was deflected on its way in on 9 minutes. Midfield playmaker Juan Roman Riquelme doubled Lazio's lead with a powerful effort from the edge of the area on 18 minutes.

Lazio also saw their 48th mnute striker questionably chalked off. Wonderkid David Santon pulled one back for Inter after 56 minutes with a fine header from point-blank range. An error from Christian Chivu allowed striker Roberto Soldado to score a powerful effort.

Striker Mauro Zarate completed the rout with a good header from just inside the six-yard box on 64 minutes.

Attendance: 81193

"Today was really pleasing, scoring 4 goals against an Inter side who had gone 37 games unbeaten in the league this year. We played very smartly, although they controlled the ball well they never looked like over-running us. I'm sure their boss won't be best pleased thinking they perhaps deserved more, but I think the best team won today, with our finishing at times absolutely clinical. Riquelme deservedly got MOTM, he put in a fantastic display and his goal was crucial to giving us that 2 goal buffer going into half-time. It's our third trophy of the year, & i'm delighted we have been able to retain what we won last year. We now have the two big competitions left to play for, & I'm confident we can continue out good form. As long as we avoid complacency, I think we can go all the way this year with a bit of luck."

---

Uefa Champions League Final - S.S Lazio 2 - 1 FC Bayern

"Lazio Fortunate to beat FC Bayern"

S.S Lazio recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over FC Bayern on a fine summer's evening at Wembley.

Striker Mauro Zarate got Lazio off to a flyer by scoring a well timed close range finish on 8 minutes. Explosive striker Ivica Olic then equalised for FC Bayern in the 25th minute with a place shot. An error from Philipp Lahm allowed midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger to score a powerful effort which deflected in.

Attendance: 90000

Moss' Big Day:

"This is the biggest game of my career to date. There were alot of nerves there today, from both my players and myself! But the belief we have in each other is great, and we needed every bit of that today. Credit to Bayern, we really struggled to get going today. We had a fantastic start, but from that point onwards they controlled the game extremely well in the midfield, and created a few good opportunities. We coped extremely well under the pressure they put us under, & I said to my guys before the game, to focus on keeping our discpipline and shape when we are under the cosh, because it's inevitable there were going to be periods like that today.

Fortunately they missed Frank Ribery, it did take a bit away from their offence. But after everything we have gone through again this year, retaining both the domestic cup & Serie A, we've deserved a bit of luck, & it's created the greatest day & year in the club's history. I'm proud to have managed these guys."

MOTM Riquelme's post match comments:

"We've have a marvelous season, with everyone putting in the effort. We weren't at our best today, but you can't perform well in every single game. I can truly say Moss is the best manager I've worked under. He's got us playing good football, with a great organisation, and importantly letting his players express themselves fully. I think I speak on behalf of all our players, that I really do hope he stays next year, but it does seem unlikely. He's achieved everything he has wanted to at this club, & like all top managers do they'll want to try their trade in other difficult leagues to prove themselves. But we'll enjoy the moment, as it's unlikely I'll ever get to experience winning the Quadruple again."

---

Serie-A

Champions: Lazio

Champions League: Inter, Fiorentina, Juventus

Euro Cup: Palermo, Catania

Relegated: Livorno, Vicenza, Torino

Final League Table

finaltableseason2.jpg

" It's a great achievment to win any league title, but to retain it is something very special. I had full confidence in our crop of players at the start of this year, that we could compete again like we did last year. Some games were that bit harder to win this season, with alot of teams playing alot more negatively against us. But I think we knew what to expect after our success last year. Inter ran us very close this season. It was ironic that it was us who ended their 37 game undefeated streak. I think our 4-1 win at the San Siro was so crucial, as that was where the bubble burst for them, as the gap at the time was only a couple of points. It was a shame we couldn't go through the season undefeated, credit goes to Bologna for playing so well against us that day. We were a bit unfortunate but that's football. We'll enjoy our success now the Summer is here. For my plans next year? We'll have to wait & see :) "

NEWS FLASH ** Victorious Lazio Celebrate Famous Quadruple!...but Moss announces his intention to leave the club

Lazio are celebrating a magnificent quadruple after beating FC Bayern 2-1 in the European Champions Cup Final at Wembley.

Despite being rank outsiders for every competition, Lazio have pulled off something of a miracle and Biancocelesti fans will celebrate this outstanding achievment for some time to come. Manager Gene Moss has been labelled the mastermind behind the success and must surely go down as a legend in the history of the club.

Lazio beat the likes of Celtic, Man Utd and Arsenal on their way to sealing the final trophy of their fantastic quadruple.

Moss Says Goodbye:

"I've had two unforgettable years here at Lazio. I have to thank all the players, the fans, & the board all for making this all possible. It has been a privelege to work under such talent, & I hope I've made alot of friends at my time here. The club should be in good sted to continue their successes, & I'll always be following them wherever I go, as they will always have a place in my history, & heart."

final2o.jpg

NEWS FLASH**Former Lazio boss Moss takes control at Manchester City**

Upon news that Moss was keen to leave Lazio for a new challenge abroad, the owners of Manchester City were quick to snap him up. Despite city clinching 4th spot for entry into the Champions League, and having been guided to the FA Cup final by previous boss Roberto Mancini, Moss was hired instantly.

"We knew Real Madrid had been struggling this season, & rumours had it Pellegrini was soon to be in for the chop if a good replacement could have been lined up end of the year. We are grateful for everything Mancini has done, as he has brought us champions league football for next season & are on the verge of winning the FA cup. But we believe bringing Moss in is a step further in our plans for securing Champions League and Premiership glory."

Clearly following in Sven's footsteps, Moss aims to continue the good work that he started when he first stepped foot into the English Premier League. Moss is fully aware of the challenge that does lay ahead, as he knows he'll be under pressure immediately from the chairman to succeed. He was once reported as saying:

"It's so hard to stay in a job for a long duration nowadays. Alot of clubs thinks a miracle can happen within a season if a few pounds are spent. Sven did a great job at Manchester City, reaching Europe, & doing the double over Manchester United. When was the last time City fans were able to celebrate an achievment such as this?"

---

F.A Cup Final - Man City 4 - 2 Blackburn Rovers

Moss with only a few days in the job, found himself in charge of the team going into their big Cup Final day against Blackburn Rovers. The Line-up and system was under huge debate, with Moss favouring a diamond formation usually, he found himself opting for the 4-3-3.

1st Half

Before the fans had a chance to take their seats at a packed Wembley Arena, City took the lead. A shot from outside the box from Ireland took an unfortunately deflection from Stephen Reid, completely wrong-footing the helpless Rovers keeper Paul Robinson & giving the blues the early advantage in a game played for the most under gusty conditions.

Blackburn came back strongly, & proved their strength at set pieces. A ball curled in from the left by Alan Judge, was mis-read by Lescott with Samba guiding the ball into the far corner passed Shay Given making it all-square after 16 minutes.

Ireland restored the lead for City on the half hour mark, driving into the box and unleashing a powerful shot into the top corner. Robinson had no chance. And on the stoke of half-time, a corner not clearly cleared by the Rovers defence gave Barry the opportunity to re-deliver the ball back into the 6-yard box. Afellay was able to get his right boot onto the ball that was fizzed back in, placing it into the bottom right hand corner. City lead 3-1 at the break.

2nd Half

Rovers continued to battle hard in the second half, and after producing several corners in the game they again took advantage from poor set-piece defending by City. This time, it was an inswinger by Garrido which caused havoc within the ranks of the City back-line, with Stephen Zonzi unmarked at the far post nodding in with a powerful header passed Given. The game was truly alive again with around 10 minutes to go.

With time running out, and Blackburn being starved of possession for the majority of the game, they seemed to have run out of steam to make it a tense finish. A bit of fortunate with the last goal, as Ireland's replacement Deco came on and took a wild lash from outside the box. Adebayor being the poacher he is, was in the right position at the right time, to guide the shot going wide into the bottom corner. Robinson had no time to react, and this was now game over. City the FA Cup Winners winning a hardfought game 4-2.

"First I have to congratule the players today, who worked extremely hard but showed great technical ability to control the ball well today against a dogged Blackburn side that's very well drilled. And credit also goes to the previous coach my friend Mancini. He's done a good job to get them to the final, & I'm sure he'll believe this ih his trophy. It was just great to get the first game under my belt here, & the fans have high reason for expectation. There is a good squad base here to build on. With a few tweaks here and there we'll have a good outfit to compete in all competitions next year."

Moss' Current CV

After just two years in full-time management, Moss has been quick to use all his experience gained at assistant level to achieve some fantastic succeess. Since the F.A Cup final just played, he has now won an impressive 8 domestic trophies (7 of which were at Lazio), and 2 Serie A league titles. So what can city fans expect from their new boss? How will he play with the players he has at his disposal? He lined up with the 4-3-3 in the cup final, and has hinted he will stick with that system. One thing we do know, his match record is quite phenomenal at present. His team will be hard to beat, & have performed very well in the big games. For a league like the Premiership, this could be crucial in deciding City's season in their aim for the Premiership Crown.

Lazio (2009-2011)

Italian Super Cup: 2 cup wins

Coppa Italia: 2 cup wins

Serie A: 2 league titles

European Super Cup: 1 cup win

Euro Cup : 1 cup win

UEFA Champions League: 1 cup win

Match Record:

Played: 120

Won: 99

Drew: 15

Lost: 6

Man City (2010 - present)

FA Cup: 1 cup win

Match Record:

Played: 1

Won: 1

Drew: 0

Lost: 0

Season 3 - Pre-Season Dealings

Man City have revolutionised their squad since Moss has taken over this Summer. Despite having a successful season last year, Moss felt the need to bring in alot of fresh talent for this upcoming season. They argueably plucked out the bargain of the Summer, taking Frank Ribery off Bayern Munchen's hands on the Bosman ruling. Other big signings include Chiellini from Juventus, and the Russian goalkeeper Akinfeev. A similar situation for Moss as with Lazio, can he get his team of new Mosslacticos into a cohesive unit & quickly.

Transfers

transfersyr3.jpg

The Squad / Formation

squadtacsyr3.jpg

Season 3 - Cup Results (Part 1/1)

Community Shield Final

- vs Chelsea (N) Drew 0-0 (lost on penalties)

---

Champions League

Best Placed Playoff

- vs FC Timisoara (A) won 3-1

- vs FC Timisoara (H) won 3-0

Group Stages

-vs Werder Bremen (A) lost 3-2

-vs PSG (H) won 3-0

-vs Rangers (A) won 3-0

-vs Rangers (H) won 4-1

-vs Werder Bremen (H) drew 2-2

-vs PSG (A) won 3-0