One of my strikers refuses to learn preferred moves

I've told all my strikers to learn certain moves (placing shots, rounding keepers, and others) and most of them accept it right away, but one of my strikers, hasn't accepted a request to learn a preferred move once. Not one single time. I ask him time and time again, over and over, and he keeps saying it will have no benefit to his game. Is it just random if he accepts or not, so should I keep trying?

He doesn't have any preferred moves at all, I've had him for over a year, he's my best striker but misses a lot of one on ones, so i try to teach him either lobbing or rounding the keeper, but he says no all the time. Same for placing shots and attempting first time shots. He's not too old or anything, just 24 years old, he just keeps saying he sees no point. How do I make him accept? I'm pretty sure i've asked him around 30 times now.

Yeah but he's only 24 and he doesn't say anything about being too old to learn new moves. I have one player, who's 27, who said that he's too old to learn new stuff, but my 24 year old striker hasn't said anything like that. My reputation is world class and his is national, so that can't be the problem. He's a key player, but so are the other strikers who learn new moves.

I've also tried lots of different moves to learn him. He's not very fast or very strong, he's got 15 pace/acceleration which is his best physical stats. I've tried teaching him to place shots, to lob the keeper, to round the keeper, to try first time shots. Not tried shoot with power yet but that's because his technique is 12 or something and there was a post which showed what stats you needed to be good at for certain moves, and for shooting with power it said good technique.

Also some players just dont want to learn that particular move, I've had Ched Evans want to learn 'Blast the ball' and 'try to break offside trap' and yet he wasn't interested in either dropping deep to get the ball or play with back to goal.

The picky little git.

Try tutoring.

I had a problem trying to get Camacho (DM) to learn "stay on feet when tackling", he rejected this a few times over a couple of years. I then got D FLetcher to tutor him, and he picked up the ppm. I do not know why!!!

I also think that a player willing to learn a new ppm may be linked to personality and performance; someone performing well would not want to change a thing and neither would someone of a "bad" personality

Archived