The Inside Forward

I am struggling to get the inside forward working on FM. I use a Barca style 4-3-3 with Balotelli as AML, Robben AMR and Villa/Dzeko/Aguero as the FC. I use these settings :

http://img64.imageshack.us/f/insidefwd.png (image doesn't work with the , tags?)

Annybody got any suggestions to increase the effectiveness of the inside forwards and get them to score more?

Personally, I'd increase his attack and creativity and keep run from deep on normal. No roam from position and cross from byline to centre. Personally, if I want them to score more I'd have him on 'full' short passing (i.e. slider right at bottom) but a bit from the bottom would have them contributing more to the team and setting more up for your other finishers . Long shots, cross ball etc all at normal, You seem to be stifling their options whilst trying to play them in what is essentially a creative role. Try that, I'm no tactical technician myself but hopefully someone else can provide more in depth instructions to compliment the basics i think I've laid down.

How they score:-

1. take on the full back to the outside and dribble back in towards goal. If your lone striker is occupying the nearside CB then there is a chance he won't do his basic defensive job and your winger will get a clean run on goal (can happen to the inside sometimes aswell)

2. get slipped in behind the full back with a through ball

3. get on the end of a cross at the far post

4. take on the full back to the inside and whip in a long shot before getting tackled (places shots/curls ball very useful for these types in my limited experience)

Just think of those scenarios logically, how they happen and apply the sliders to maximise the likelihood of it happening in the way you want. Most important thing to consider is how the opposition is set up.

I am struggling to get the inside forward working on FM. I use a Barca style 4-3-3 with Balotelli as AML, Robben AMR and Villa/Dzeko/Aguero as the FC. I use these settings :

http://img64.imageshack.us/f/insidefwd.png (image doesn't work with the , tags?)

Annybody got any suggestions to increase the effectiveness of the inside forwards and get them to score more?

I think you should allow them to play other people in. I mean he probably wont score as much if all he does when he gets the ball is try to run to goal (as dumb as that sounds). When he does this he becomes one dimensional and what makes inside forwards so dangerous is that unpredicatability that they have; defenders find it hard to figure out if he's gonna go to goal or play in a teammate. Besides when he is without the ball he may move into good positions where he can be played in and this should happen more regularly as he will have the ball at his feet less/he will be giving the ball up more.

I think it would be a good idea to set his try through balls and crossing to mixed. That should add some variety and options that your IF has.

Good Luck :thup:

Archived