Transfer preferences

KongFjong

Hi out there

Quick question: What does the settings in the editor under Transfer Preferences (Rating & Scouting Knowledge) for a nation actually do in the game? I tried removing all countries for Denmark and adding Denmark againg with 20 for both settings, and expected the percentages of foreigners to drop in the best Danish league, but instead the opposite happened. The percentage actually increased with about 10% from 2009 to 2019...

Does anyone know for sure?

Unfortunately my friend, I've noticed that unless questions around here pertain to the Advanced Editor or various update threads, they are very likely to go unanswered. For some reason, people seem very reluctant to help others by sharing their knowledge in response to most of the questions asked here. :(

I don't know enough to answer most queries in this forum, but I can hopefully help you with this, as it is something I have actually experimented with myself.

The transfer preferences are to set how likely a team are (from the Nation you are editing) to purchase players from the Countries in that list.

The higher the numerical value (1-20), the more likely teams in the Nation you are editing are to purchase players from the Countries on your list.

So for example:

You're editing Denmark, and have the following list:

Sweden 15

Norway 13

Finland 10

Scotland 5

That means that after purchasing players from their own Country, teams in Denmark will be most likely to purchase players from Sweden, then Norway, and so on.

The Scouting column represents how good your Nation's scouting knowledge of the countries on your list is, at the start of game.

At least that's the way it seems to work for me anyway.

Hope that helps you. :)

The solution may be that by removing all countries from the list, those countries instead acquire a random value (=0). I suggest that you add them again and give them the value 1 and set scouting knowledge to 1 as well.

The preferences mean nothing in terms of who teams buy, it just sets what scouting knowledge staff members from that country have by default. Unfortunately, the teams can get this knowledge by sending out scouts to other countries still, and the CPU will always do so.

The best advice I can give on changing the number of foreigners in the league is to remake the divisions and set a registration limit on the amount of foreigners using the editor. Nation or advanced rules will work.

The preferences mean nothing in terms of who teams buy, it just sets what scouting knowledge staff members from that country have by default. Unfortunately, the teams can get this knowledge by sending out scouts to other countries still, and the CPU will always do so.

The best advice I can give on changing the number of foreigners in the league is to remake the divisions and set a registration limit on the amount of foreigners using the editor. Nation or advanced rules will work.

Aha my worst fears come true :) Thanks you guys for giving me an explanation, it's much appreciated :D

Archived