Please explain CA/PA

pret

Three quick questions:

What is the difference between a PA of say, 190 and -10, which is better?

I understand that a player having a PA of -10 is better than -9, but what is the difference between these two, and how does this affect player development?

And, how does a player's CA affect him in-game, for example, do players with higher attributes always have higher CA, and therefore generally play better (ignoring variables such as playing in a foreign country)?

Thanks

1) A PA of -10 means that when the game is loaded at the start the player will have a random PA of between 180 and 200. So in effect a PA of -10 could be better or worse in some cases than a fixed PA of 190.

2) There is an overlap but in general it just means that a -10 player is will grow, in general, to be a better player than a player with a PA of -9

3) Again, as generally as i can because i'm tired. A player with a higher CA will be a better player and the CA is more important than the stats. For example if you go into the editor and give a player "20" for every single stat but a CA of just 50 then the stats will be downgraded to something like 7 or 8 so that the stats fit the CA.

I've explained those really badly so i apologise.

Gunner4eva explained most of it. Just to add though, that a player with a high CA like 190 may not be better than one with a lower CA like 180. The spread of this CA related to thier key attributes is important as well. For example a striker could have a worse finishing stat but a better CA so it is not strictly true that a player with a higher CA is better but it is a good indicator.

Right, so, a player with -10 PA is the same as having between 180-200 PA, therefore I assume -9 PA is the same as 160-180 PA?

And, the negative numbers (-10) mean a player COULD reach an CA of 180-200, but if a player has a PA 180-200, they WILL reach a CA of 180-200?

I hope that's not too confusing,

Thanks

Right, so, a player with -10 PA is the same as having between 180-200 PA, therefore I assume -9 PA is the same as 160-180 PA?

And, the negative numbers (-10) mean a player COULD reach an CA of 180-200, but if a player has a PA 180-200, they WILL reach a CA of 180-200?

I hope that's not too confusing,

Thanks

Not quite correct. A player with a -10 PA will have a PA of a certain figure between 180-200. When creating a new game one is generated. So in one game you play that could be 180 and in another they may get 200 or 197 or something else in between.

The 2nd part you got wrong. In all cases a player could reach their PA but may not.

The basic difference is that -10 will mean a different PA when starting the game every time between the mentioned values. During the actual gameplay there is no difference.

Hope that helps. :thup:

Archived