Why do I only sometimes get a "full" backroom advice on my next opponent?

During the pre-game screens, after I submit my team but before I start the game (team talks and the like) how come when I go to backroom advice, I don't always get a full listening of things like suggestions for temp, width or formation?

I notice sometimes my coaches say things like "x team struggles against a high tempo, we suggest you use a slightly high tempo for the game." But I don't get that for every game.

Is there a setting I can change?

During the pre-game screens, after I submit my team but before I start the game (team talks and the like) how come when I go to backroom advice, I don't always get a full listening of things like suggestions for temp, width or formation?

I notice sometimes my coaches say things like "x team struggles against a high tempo, we suggest you use a slightly high tempo for the game." But I don't get that for every game.

Is there a setting I can change?

I think its something to do with the staff member that is doing the reporting. I hired a new Assistance Manager from Brazil and his knowledge of club was low (the bar on the left of that screen under this name). Also I hired a poor tactical coach a he would give poor advice.

That's actually only part true. To have the advices show up the opposing team needs to have coresponding weakness AND other teams must have had exploited it more than once this season. So, you won't be told that your next opponent is weak against 4-3-3 unless other teams before played that tactics against them with success. The same goes for tempo, widith and defensive line - more than one team must have succesfuly played given setting this season for it to register.

Other two less likely possibilities also might occur -

1) the opponent doesn't have given weakness

2) you are already playing correct slider value

Having a coach with good tactical knowledge makes it easier for these tips to register and be mentioned.

Archived