[FM10] International Trophy Hunting

Phoenix NZ

I have decided started a new career where I will only be managing international teams and see how I do around the world managing whatever teams I get offered.

new_zealand_football-logo-b2814940ba-seeklogo-com.gif

Phillis Takes Over New Zealand

I have decided to start my international career in New Zealand, where I live, just to see how I can do in the World Cup with them. Chances are that I will not get past the group stages but I'll enjoy seeing how I do anyway. After that I will see what jobs are available and look for something in Europe where there are better opposition and better Cups to be involved in than in Oceania.

I have uploaded the top leagues in U.S.A, England, Germany, Spain and Australia as well as all current International players around the world. I also have started with an International Player reputation.

South Africa 2010, Here Comes New Zealand.. Maybe..

To make the World Cup, I just have to win my playoff which will consist of a home and away game against a team from the Asian Qualifying Section (3rd vs 3rd from the 2 groups will playoff then the winner plays New Zealand).

This sounds simple, but the chances are that the team I play will be a lot better than me.

Once at the World Cup, chances are that the Group Stage will be as far as I get due to the difference in the quality of players between Oceania and the rest of the World (At least in FM :p).

Phillis's Managing History:

Country          Start Date          End Date          Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Zealand      2.6.2009            -                 Oceania Nations Cup 2010
                                                      World Cup 2010 Group Stage

Phillis's Managing Record:

Country          P     W     D     L     GF     GA     GD
----------------------------------------------------------
New Zealand      18    8     4     6     22     21     +1

International Friendly - New Zealand (100) 3 - 1 Cambodia (171)

Starting Formations

Overview, Match Stats & Ratings

A good start to my international managing career as we saw an easy (and expected) win against Cambodia, who were ranked 71 places below us going into this match. We played a good first half but were unable to back it up in the second half. Still a good result that I'm pleased with.

International Friendly - Kuwait (110) 3 - 0 New Zealand (100)

Starting Formations

A complete turnaround from the match 4 days previous as we were unable to finish any of our chances and were poor at the back letting their forwards get too many opportunities on goal. The 3-4-3 formation may have to be looked at and changed after this result.

International Friendly - China (104) 1 - 0 New Zealand (106)

Starting Formations

With Killen, Fallon and Wood out of this game, we didn't have our full strength attacking force on the field and this showed as we were only able to manage 6 shots against China who were only 2 places ahead of us in the world rankings.

World Cup Quals (ASI) Playoff Leg 2 - New Zealand (91) 4 - 2 Iran (56)

Starting Formations

A fantastic game here as we went into the lead in the 2nd minute with a goal by Smeltz from a freekick. We went into the halftime break with a 3:1 lead and managed to stay in front until the end. An amazing performance from Glen Moss in goal this game

Warming Up For The Cup:

International Friendly - Australia (20) 1 - 1 New Zealand (64)

Starting Formations

A great performance against rivals, Australia, at their own ground in the first warm-up match for the World Cup. Even though it was overall a poor game, it is a good result for New Zealand as they managed to keep the Australians out of the match for most of the game.

International Friendly - Slovenia (57) 1 - 0 New Zealand (64)

Starting Formations

We had a lot of the possesion in this game but we were just unable to do anything with it as Slovenia managed to double our amount of shots with only 39% possesion. The second and last warm-up game before the World Cup begins and it was really a game we should of done better in.

New Zealand at the World Cup 2010:

Group A Results:

Costa Rica 1 - 4 Italy

Denmark 3 - 0 New Zealand

World Cup Group A - Denmark (33) 3 - 0 New Zealand (64)

Starting Formations

We kept it at 1:0 until half time but were unable to hold onto it. We only got away 3 shots and faced a onslaught of shots from Denmark to conced 2 more goals in the second half. Not a very convincing start to our World Cup campaign and we were always long shots to even get out of the group stages so with Costa Rica and Italy to go, the best we can hope for is to at least salvage a point from the Costa Rica game.

Group A Results:

Italy 2 - 0 Denmark

New Zealand 2 - 2 Costa Rica

World Cup Group A - New Zealand (64) 2 - 2 Costa Rica (37)

Starting Formations

A good effort here as we managed to go a goal up in the 6th minute of the match only for them to equalise in the 12th. We went down again but Fallon managed to get us all square again. We pushed up and attacked them as much as we could towards the end of the second half but were unlucky to not get a goal. This draw is the first point New Zealand have score in a World Cup.

Group A Results:

Costa Rica 1 - 2 Denmark

Italy 4 - 0 New Zealand

World Cup Group A - Italy (2) 4 - 0 New Zealand (64)

Starting Formations

A game that we were never going to win. Ranked 2nd in the world going into this game, we were expected to get hammered, and we did. We were unlucky not to come away with a goal as Buffon saved a penalty shot from James on the 56 minute. This poor performance meant we finished bottom of our group due to our -7 G.D. whereas Costa Rica only had a G.D. of -4. A good effort from New Zealand at the world cup considering how much better the players fromt he other teams are compared to ours.

World Cup Results, South Africa 2010:

Group A - Costa Rica, Denmark, Italy, New Zealand

Group B - Argentina, Ivory Coast, Scotland, U.S.A

Group C - Greece, Holland, Honduras, Tunisia

Group D - Ghana, Mexico, Serbia, Spain

Group E - Germany, Japan, Morocco, Slovakia

Group F - Australia, Brazil, Egypt, Switzerland

Group G - Chile, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa

Group H - England, France, Paraguay, South Korea

Second Round

Quarter Final

Semi Final