[FM10] Watch out Barnsley....Here Come Wosborough Bridge!

cozi2010

THE DATABASE

English League - Level 10

custom database, which is just large, with players from top league added from all over world

real players

THE INFO

Worsbrough Bridge Athletic Football Club are a football club based in the Worsborough area of Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England. Currently the club are members of the Northern Counties East League Division One for the 2010-11 season.

The club was founded as Worsbrough Bridge Miners Welfare in 1923. They joined the Yorkshire Football League Division Three in 1971, and became founder members of the Northern Counties East League when the Yorkshire League merged with the Midland Counties League in 1982.

THE GAME BEGINS

After meeting with the staff, and finding i have a half decent side. My assistant tells me in his pre-season report, we should have a good enough squad to steer clear of relegation. And i could do with a bit more fire power upfront as were lacking any quality really. Also looking at his team report i could do with a centre half, as one of mine is abselute tripe!

Hopefully with a couple of decent signings i beleive we can acheive a good top-half spot, to work on promotion next season.

will update after my first couple of weeks

After arranging my friendlies, which were....

QE Great Houghten A

Hanover Park A

GH Academy H

Kickers (AFG) A

I sent out my scout around England, only for him to find nothing lol. I thought i would play my first friendly, a bore 0-0 draw agains Great Houghten, i hammered them but it was prooved that i needed some decent fire power. I had 12 shots on goal.

The day after the game i began my own searches, signing South African centre half Michael McColl, and one of my favourite all time Barnsley FC stars Martin Bullock. Who was the playmaker of Barnsley's Premiership midfield. The clubs supporters were chuffed to bits with both signings, as they are both light years ahead of the rest of the team for talent.

Our next game away at Hanover, was a great 2-1 win for us. Still on a high from the win we entertained GH Academy and held them to a 1-1 draw. Which i think was a great result!

Back to the transfer list next, with veteran striker Gary Martindale signing for free and in the line-up, We played Afghani side Kickers. A poor performance led to a 2-0 defeat.

Both Martin Bullock and Michael McColl have played fairly well over the friendlies, but i will be expecting better as they settle.

To bolster the team for the league i fetched in 3 new faces, Joel Kinsey, Kevin O'Niel, Joe McLoughlin.

My asistant still doesnt have faith in the squad, but were 10th in the table, on an unbeaten run. We just havnt won a game yet lol, League Table.

We are totally out playing other sides, just finding it difficult to find goals. Will give a Christmas update, as i am having all day at it today. :)

To bolster the team for the league i fetched in 3 new faces, Joe Kinsey, Kevin O'Neil, Joe McLoughlin

My asistant still doesnt have faith in the squad, but were 10th in the table, on an unbeaten run. We just havnt won a game yet lol, League Table.

We are totally out playing other sides, just finding it difficult to find goals. Will give a Christmas update, as i am having all day at it today. :)

• 2 months later...

Archived