Deep crossing like old school Beckham

I'm trying to get my team to get some good old school deep crosses in. I've got two Wing Backs with Crossing of 17 and 18. They both have "Curls Ball" and my CF's are great headers of the ball.

I can't seem to get them to put in crosses from Deep though...both of them keep trying to beat the first man and their idea of "Deep" means "about 2 yards past the 18-yard box" which means the defense has easily marked my Forwards.

Anyone got any advice on how to get them to truly put in those deep curling crosses?

I'm trying to get my team to get some good old school deep crosses in. I've got two Wing Backs with Crossing of 17 and 18. They both have "Curls Ball" and my CF's are great headers of the ball.

I can't seem to get them to put in crosses from Deep though...both of them keep trying to beat the first man and their idea of "Deep" means "about 2 yards past the 18-yard box" which means the defense has easily marked my Forwards.

Anyone got any advice on how to get them to truly put in those deep curling crosses?

Make their settings like this:

Run from Deep: Sometimes

Run with Ball: Rarely

Long Shots: Rarely

Through Balls: Rarely

Cross Ball: Often

Then they should just concentrate on crossing :) (Hopefully :D)

You need some other things too.

Ideally you want your forward wingers to stay wide, this ensure that the wingbacks to do not move to far farward into space.

if you are crossing early, then you need to ensure that you actualy have someone for them to Cross to. This means have someone very high with low FWR OR having someone a little deeper with FWR often.

In addition to what has already been said here, it sounds from your OP as if, by the time your WB's cross, the defence has regrouped. Whereas what you want is the ball delivered early. If this is the case, I might ask what tempo you are using. In order to get the result you want, you need to move the ball quickly so a more direct style might suit, perhaps with "play wider" and "exploit the middle" as touchline shouts.

Archived