How do i beef this gut up?

His Natural Fitness is rock-bottom low so he won't improve much whatever you do. Try to put him on a high strength and agility training ( high as in compared to all other categories so 20+ in str/agi and less than 14 in everything else ) and give him games. That should raise his physicall stats by a point or two ( depending on his potential ), but he will not get significantly better and it will take time. That's all of course depending on his spare potential.

If you really want to keep him and play him then play a 3 man defence with him as a sweeper until he gets better physically and also cater his training to improve his physical or play him dm if he can

Oh dear, he's not exactly a prime athlete is he? But his technical & mental stats are very, very good, especially considering his age.

I don't think this guy can play in defence at a high level, its going to be like having a sinking Titantic trying to mark & intercept speedboats buzzing all around.

I would retrain him as a defensive midfielder, with the intent of using him as a deep lying playmaker in front of the back 4.

While I wouldn't totally write off his physical development, I don't think you're going to get a lot of improvement so don't do too much strenght & aerobic training, maybe go for a balanced approach.

If there's any way you could get in a former international player with really high mental stats to tutor him and get, in particular, his determination up, that would be really helpful.

I also think he might do better in a league played at a slower pace e.g. Serie A, La Liga, as opposed to the pace of the Premiership. Get the Barcelona job, take him with you and have him spray the ball about to Messi, Ibrahimovic etc ;)

If you leave him there playing he will develop, but not in the direction you want. You've got three options - recall him, train him as described and give him games; leave him on loan and use as a libero when he gets back since he won't get beefier while away ( or retrain him to midfield, either should work ); leave him on loan and cash in when he gets back. So choose whatever you think will work best.

Best bet is actually to limit his football so you can give him an absurd amount of training. The physical sliders should be pretty much maxed all season long. Lower every slider you don't care about to zero to free up training level and potential ability (don't waste points on stuff that doesn't matter) and give him the occasional game (1 game every 2 weeks or so) against worse opposition to keep morale high and aid development.

Best bet is actually to limit his football so you can give him an absurd amount of training. The physical sliders should be pretty much maxed all season long. Lower every slider you don't care about to zero to free up training level and potential ability (don't waste points on stuff that doesn't matter) and give him the occasional game (1 game every 2 weeks or so) against worse opposition to keep morale high and aid development.

That's not how training works. Your training sliders and workload determine where a player's earned CA points go to - but a player has to get those points first. They do this best by playing football, with the greatest effect playing first team football.

To the OP: Maximise his gametime and performances - recall him and play him against weaker opposition/cup games etc. while also giving him regular reserve games. Combine this with a good tutor (Look for someone with a high determination and a high professionalism) and the training routine I mentioned earlier.

Archived