downloadable update for the end of season

Luton Town

There are mulitple updates here that concentrate on the next season. Most of them are made for FM 2010, but there are also updates made for older games like FM 2007, 2008 and 2009. All of these updates can be found on these forums. Only the Weegie Update is published elsewhere. All updates (try to) have up to date squads, promotions and relegations, and things like that.

What you won't find is an update that starts with the correct dates of next season, as that is not possible. The closest you can come to that, is to choose a nation with a competitionstart that is as late as possible. (In Brazil and Russia for example the competition starts later then in most of the European countries.)

Just choose from the list below for a game that is as updated as possible. The updates are sorted by FM-edition and name of the maker(s).

If you want to know how to use them, I suggest you also read the FAQ

The most important things about using updates are:

Where Should I save files to?

Whether you have created the files yourself or downloaded them they need to be placed in the following locations for them to be loaded into the game.

PC – My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

MAC – Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2010 > editor data

Don't overwrite the config.xml file! Instead, you should give your file an original name of your own choice.

Following the 10.2 patch, a new option was included in the editor to compress the editor data files, saving them as a smaller *.dbc file instead of the *.xml. These can be loaded by FM10 without any decompression.

How do I load my file into my game inside FM?

When clicking 'New Game' inside FM, you will get a dialog box appear called Choose Database. Notice in this box it will have section saying Editor Data Files and a 'Change' tick button. Clicking this button will allow you to select which of your files to load into your game.

Archived