need help with defence

hey just getting into 3rd season with barcelona and have decided to changed my tatics a little. was previously using the normal 4-5-1 (with 3 CM's and AM R/L, occasionally playing a DM instead of a CM) but wanted to see if i could play another striker so tried a 3-5-2.

instructionsi.th.jpg

tatics.th.jpg

my team is still winning games but is conceding more goals. i was wondering if there was anything i could do reduce goals against. should i just change back to the old tatics?

so first of some questions to get more info:

1) do you, by any chanse play high tempo?

2) what kind of time wasting seting do you use?

3) what roles do the defenders and central midfield have?

anyway:

direct passing combined with very fluid/attack/high press does to me look like asking for trubbel, you are pretty much asking your team to flog the ball forward while asking them to take part in all aspects of the game and close down the other team, this would drasticaly increase the risk of losing the ball, and being catched high up the on the break or on an overlap

hetho, from what you've said I assume you're still playing with AM R/L's, not M R/L's so there is absolutely no cover at all in the wide positions, this gives you the problem that any team playing with wingers will be free to exploit both flanks.

You also have another problem - the high pressing means that if strong opposition plays with the very same tactic as you were last season, ie one striker and two attacking wingers, your two wider CB's will be asked to close down and mark the wingers, leaving your central CB 1v1 with their striker - not very good defensively!

i am using a quick tempo and rarely wasting time. with this tactic i am scoring a lot more goals and winning games quite comfortable. my defenders are all center defenders with defending duty. the 3 CM's are advanced playmaker with attack duty, ball winning midfielder with defend duty, and deep lying playmaker with support.

i cant remember exactly but i am pretty sure i have seen in a few games wingers making breaks which look dangerous. is there anything i could change to tighten up the defence without affecting the attacking side too much?

Archived