How do i succesfully develop "young and very talented" players?

Currently playing as Tottenham, and ive bought around 6-8 young and very talented players.. How do i actually make em develop?

Theyre training with the first team - good coaches, good training schedules. But theyre not good enough (yet) to perform on the first team squad - so ive made them available to the reserve team.

Tried to "Offer to clubs - via loan" - but no one wants em :(

Thats tough.

Well get them tutored and try to get them first team football in matches you absolutely know that you will win. Do this as much as possible.

Hopefully that will improve their stats and their reputation enough for you to find teams to loan them out to.

Rotate them in for matches against bottom of league clubs, lower league clubs in cup matches and 'minnow' European teams. I also find it beneficial to have them in my second eleven. That way They can get a decent run when there's an injury crisis. Can be worth anything from 10 / 20 appearences a season. Plus you could always loan them out for only half a season. Have you tried sending them to a feeder club?

if you can't loan them out, then you definitely need to use the time wisely, and get them tutored (unless they already have good mental stats). Just remember that once you tutor them, it will last 180 days, so you shouldn't loan them out in that period, as that ends the tutoring.

Edit: If I remember right, when you offer him to clubs, it is usually only local clubs that would respond. Set their transfer status to 'Listed for Loan' and I am sure that eventually some clubs will bid on them. The more 1st. team matches they get, the more likely it is someone will spot them and want to loan them.

If I get decent youth's through the youth academy or buy them I normally stick them in the reserves for 5 or so months. I'll put them up to be loaned out and have them tutored. Then after 5 months if noone wants them onloan I will promote them to the first team normally around December time when the games come thick and fast. I'll then give them sub apperances or even the odd full game depending on the condition of my squad. Then when they've played a few times I'll demote them back to the reserves and just use them when I'm lacking numbers due to low condition of my first team.

I do this and it works a treat for me, the number of talented youths I've brought through the squad is quite impressive. The thing is they might not have the proper stats yet but unless you give them competitive games they won't improve much. And if you've bought them, then surely their stats aren't that poor or you wouldn't have bought them surely?

i often used FMRTE to find & buy all the youth that had PA of >170 and just leave them in my youth team then promote to reserves when they got older, but no matter how high theyre PA was, it would NEVER increase if they had no first team action, even if they were banging them in for the reserves, so its definately 100% conclusive that they need first team action to recah anywhere near theyre PA.

Incidentally, i ran a small test using Haris Vuckic for Newcastle, using FMRTE i gave him 200 PA and dropped his injury proneness stat to 1 and played him all season long. HIs increases were fantastic

Archived