[FM10] Manchester United - Pride of the North

lutontown1991

Manchester United FC

For my next managerial career I have chosen my favourite club, Manchester United. When managing a club of such a great stature with a huge history there is always going to be pressure on the man in charge. I thrive and perform well under pressure. This is my ideal challenge. As the Fergie era comes to a close I am determined to fill his rather large shoes and create my own Man Utd side that will be the dominant force in every competition we compete in. It is my ambition to emulate what Fergie has done at Man United and be the very best manager that I can be. We will rise above financial difficulty and strive to be the the very best football team in the world.

Details:

Game: FM 10.3

Nations & Leagues Loaded

England: Down to BSP North/South

Spain: Liga BBVA

Italy: Serie A

France: Ligue 1

Germany: Division 1

Database Size: Large

Season 2009/10 Manchester United

Board Expectations: Win the title

Media Prediction: 1st

Heavy expectations for my first season in charge. The board backed me heavily with a £74m budget which I spent wisely IMO. Brought in some good first team players and some future stars I reckon. I hope to enjoy a good first season in charge and hoepfully will retain the Premiership title for the reds

Transfers:

transfers0910-1.png

Some good players in that signings list and I stand by every signing. Did I pay over the odds for De Rossi? i don't think so. I value his ability as a ball winning midfielder and I think in time he will be one of the best players in my first 11. Adler, Azpilicueta, De Rossi & Di Maria all move into the first team straight away and the others will need some time to blend in and develop. The players I sold don't feature in my plans and I think I did well to get the money I did for them. Most of the reserves go out on loan.

Manchester United 2009/10

Season Overview

I suffered a poor start to my first season in charge of Manchester United. I was using a flat 4-4-2 formation but this didn't seem to be working well. New signings De Rossi, Di Maria and Azpilicueta had a slow start to the season but recovered well soon after. Adler was very solid in goals all season. Some of the regulars were in great form. Fletcher and Anderson worked hard in midfield and Rooney was strong up front. When we changed to a 4-1-3-2 formation things started to go a lot better for us. Scored a lot more goals and played a lot better without wingers. It was a typical Man Utd season, slow start and strong finish. In the reserve squad young Lukaku, Sanogo, Baxter and Areola all played well and are all certainly showing bags of potential.

Here is how we performed in all competitions.

League Table

As you can see, we finished in 2nd place. 1 point of the winners Chelsea. The league campaign was certainly an exciting one for us. We started off slow but eventually climbed up the League ladder and it wasn't long into the second half of the season before we took the top spot. We were odds on to take the title with 3 games to go but when we picked up 4 points from 9, Chelsea took advantage and creeped to the top. Very disappointed as we did throw it away but contented that we will challenge even harder next season, I can assure you of that. We want our title back.

FA Cup

Very disappointing to get knocked out of the competition so early. Played a dull match against Bolton who edged us to the final post. Need t improve here next season.

Carling Cup

Knocked out in our first game of the cup against Chelsea. What can I say about that only that it was very frustrating and we will seek revenge next season

Champions League

Finally a little success story for you. We had a very successful campaign in the Champions League. Brushing past Bayern Munich, Olympique Lyonnais, Liverpool and Real Madrid to be crowned champions of Europe. What an amazing feeling. This puts our failures in other competitions to one side. The Final Beating Real Madrid 4-0 on their home ground.

Career Overview

Season      Club      League                    Position    Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009/1010   Man Utd   Barclays Premier League   2nd         Champions League Winners  

The Save

You can download the save HERE if you want to take a look at my players or anything else in the game.

Manchester United 2010/11

Board Expectations: Win the title

Media Prediction: 2nd

We should improve on last seasons disappointment as I have strengthened the squad in all areas. Winning the league is our main focus but defending our Champions League title is also on high priority. A good run in the FA Cup is needed and I will be calling upon the youth team to provide us with some entertainment in the Carling Cup.

I will be happy with picking up 2 trophies this season but winning the treble would be something special. This season youngster Lukaku will spend the season playing for the reserves with no first team experience until next season.

Transfers

Players in

Players out

Quite a lot of transfer activity as you can see. The players I brought in are certainly going to improve the squad. Chris Smalling was already confirmed before I came to the club and I confirmed the signing of Toni Kroos last season. Looks like a very good player with great technical att's. Sergio Aguero was Europe's top marksman last season and it was an easy choice when it came to look for a new striker to replace Berbatov who was sold for £17m. I was very interested in bringing Fabregas to the club but he turned us down three times. His reason, he was enjoying playing for Arsene Wenger. I am hoping his feelings will change next summer. I opted for a CB when that deal fell through. Chiellini, A great player who will step in at CB straight away alongside Vidic and Ferdinand drops to 3rd choice CB. This meant that Otamendi had to be loaned out for the season.

Playing with 3 CM's I no longer need wingers so Valencia was sold for an impressive £17.5m. Possebon also left the club. There were a few players released on free transfers as they were no longer needed. A total of 23 players were sent out on loan including youngster Yaya Sanogo who went to Preston.

The Squad

I have selected 27 players to make up my first team squad for the 2010/11 season.

Rene Adler

Ben Foster

Rafael

Cesar Azpilicueta

Nemanja Vidic

Giorgio Chiellini

Rio Ferdinand

Jonny Evans

Patrice Evra

Fabio

Chris Smalling*

David Gray*