United in a Common Dream

mark wilson27

Authors notes: Welcome readers to my Annual Manchester United story, I know its taken me along time to do it but hey, I’ve been busy with you Bunch of Rejects and playing in Wales with the National side and the newly formed FMS Premier League.

Games details etc: Will be using FM2010 no update, England League Two and above. Large database and I’ve set my reputation as International football

July 7th: Today I took my dream job as manager of Manchester United after Sir Alex Ferguson decided he wanted to spend more time with the missus and his wine collection.

Without wasting any time I decided to get my assistant to bring me the first team squad sheet, which is as follows:-

| Pkd     | Inf     | Name              | Position| Nat     | Age     | Value   | Weight  | Height  | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -       |         | Ben Foster        | GK      | ENG     | 26      | £4M     | 79 kg   | 188 cm  | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -       |         | Tomasz Kuszczak   | GK      | POL     | 27      | £3M     | 84 kg   | 191 cm  | 
| -       | Inj     | Edwin van der Sar | GK      | NED     | 38      | £2.3M   | 82 kg   | 196 cm  | 
| -       |         | Wes Brown         | D RC    | ENG     | 29      | £6.25M  | 78 kg   | 185 cm  | 
| -       | Wnt     | Ritchie De Laet   | D RLC   | BEL     | 20      | £1.4M   | 78 kg   | 186 cm  | 
| -       |         | Gary Neville      | D R     | ENG     | 34      | £750K   | 77 kg   | 180 cm  | 
| -       | Wnt     | John O'Shea       | D RLC   | IRL     | 28      | £5.5M   | 75 kg   | 191 cm  | 
| -       |         | Jonny Evans       | D C     | NIR     | 21      | £5.5M   | 77 kg   | 188 cm  | 
| -       |         | Rio Ferdinand     | D C     | ENG     | 30      | £18M    | 83 kg   | 188 cm  | 
| -       | Inj     | Nemanja Vidic     | D C     | SRB     | 27      | £18.25M | 82 kg   | 188 cm  | 
| -       | Inj     | Rafael            | D/WB R  | BRA     | 18      | £4.6M   | 65 kg   | 172 cm  | 
| -       |         | Patrice Evra      | D/WB L  | FRA     | 28      | £13.25M | 67 kg   | 171 cm  | 
| -       | Wnt     | Fábio             | D/WB L  | BRA     | 18      | £3.9M   | 69 kg   | 172 cm  | 
| -       |         | Michael Carrick   | DM, M C | ENG     | 27      | £9.25M  | 75 kg   | 183 cm  | 
| -       | Inj     | Owen Hargreaves   | DM, M C | ENG     | 28      | £11.25M | 76 kg   | 180 cm  | 
| -       |         | Darren Fletcher   | M C     | SCO     | 25      | £8M     | 83 kg   | 183 cm  | 
| -       |         | Paul Scholes      | M C     | ENG     | 34      | £1.9M   | 69 kg   | 170 cm  | 
| -       | Wnt     | Nani              | AM RL   | POR     | 22      | £5.5M   | 67 kg   | 175 cm  | 
| -       | Inj     | Gabriel Obertan   | AM RL   | FRA     | 20      | £3M     | 79 kg   | 186 cm  | 
| -       |         | Park Ji-Sung      | AM RLC  | KOR     | 28      | £6.25M  | 70 kg   | 177 cm  | 
| -       |         | Zoran Tosic       | AM RL   | SRB     | 22      | £3.8M   | 69 kg   | 171 cm  | 
| -       |         | Antonio Valencia  | AM RC   | ECU     | 23      | £16.75M | 78 kg   | 181 cm  | 
| -       |         | Ryan Giggs        | AM LC   | WAL     | 35      | £1.1M   | 69 kg   | 180 cm  | 
| -       |         | Anderson          | AM C    | BRA     | 21      | £7.25M  | 69 kg   | 176 cm  | 
| -       |         | Dimitar Berbatov  | F C     | BUL     | 28      | £14M    | 79 kg   | 188 cm  | 
| -       |         | Michael Owen      | F C     | ENG     | 29      | £4M     | 70 kg   | 175 cm  | 
| -       |         | Wayne Rooney      | F C     | ENG     | 23      | £26M    | 78 kg   | 175 cm  | 
| -       | Wnt     | Federico Macheda  | ST      | ITA     | 17      | £4.4M   | 73 kg   | 185 cm  | 
| -       | Wnt     | Danny Welbeck     | ST      | ENG     | 18      | £5.5M   | 73 kg   | 185 cm  | 

I’m quite happy with the squad but some of the players in my eyes don’t really cut the mustard after seeing some dodgy performances from them last season.

July 15th; I made my first signing today as I welcomed Ashley Young to Old Trafford, he cost me £17,500,000 from Aston Villa and is a 24yr old AMRLC/FC

July 21st; Our first pre season game sees us welcome Racing Club to Old Trafford and we gave them a thumping as we walked away with a 6-0 rout. W.Rooney grabbed himself two goals with one being from the spot, D.Berbatov grabbed a goal with a simple slotted effort from six yards. F.Macheda also grabbed two goals the best of which was a 20 yards thunderbolt from. The final goal came on the stroke of full time with D.Welbeck doing the honours.

July 24th: Transfer news sees Fabio joining Wolves for a fee of £3,900,000

July 25th: Our next friendly sees us facing Bradford PA and we thrashed them 7-0 with P.Scholes grabbing a hat trick and R.Giggs, D.Welbeck, F.Macheda and Nani.

July 26th: Transfer news sees youngster Dan Gosling joining us from Everton for £4,800,000, he will be arriving 20th January 2010 once he finishes his loan at Crystal Palace. He is a 19yr old DR/DM/MRC

:O You sold Fabio! I nearly got rid of him and then he turned into the best LB on the game for me...

Will be another United fan giving you praise/criticism/calling for your head if you don't do well. Think of me as Spav Mk2

July 28th: Our next friendly sees us travelling to Italy for a brief tour. Our first game is against Sassuolo and we managed a 5-0 victory with D.Berbatov grabbing two goals and the rest coming from D.Welbeck, F.Macheda and Nani. However the game cost us Anderson who will be missing for the next three weeks with a pulled hamstring

July 31st: Our next friendly was against Empoli and we again easily beat them with a 4-0 victory. The star of the show was Wes Brown who managed to grab two goals with the other goals coming from W.Rooney and D.Fletcher.

August 2nd: Transfer news sees Nani leaving us for Aston Villa for £11,250,000

August 3rd: Our final friendly sees us facing Frosinone and we struggled to a 2-0 win with R.Giggs and D.Welbeck grabbing the goals

August 4th: Transfer news sees Chris Smalling joining us from Fulham for £7,250,000, he is a 19yr old DC

August 7th; Transfer news sees Anderson joining Aston Villa for £10,000,000

August 8th: More transfer news sees John O’Shea joining Sunderland for £6,250,000

10-3 thankyou sir and glad to have you along, it took me awhile to actually get interested in doing another United story

Spav I will keep you informed if I need any advise but by the look of it I wont be asking your advise on transfers

Manxie its bad enough having Spav MK1 battering me everytime I mess up lol... but hey never mind I've got broad shoulders..go for it

August 9th; Manchester United v Chelsea: Community Shield (Wembley)

We started brilliantly as on the 5th minute we went into the lead as W.Rooney ran onto a great pass by A.Valencia and fired under the body of the onrushing P.Cech. Seven minutes later we had another chance as M.Owen ran into the area and fired towards goal but J.Terry diverted the ball wide for a corner. On the 18th minute Chelsea had there first chance as a long ball by J.Bosingwa was hit towards goal by D.Drogba but B.Foster was there to block the shot. Just after the half hour we had another chance with A.Valencia crossing in for M.Owen to head towards goal but P.Cech saved well.

Half Time Score 1-0

The second half saw me bringing on a couple of players with R.Giggs and M.Carrick coming on for Z.Tosic and D.Fletcher. We started the half well and on the 57th minute we came close to another goal as W.Rooney rattled the upright from the edge of the area after the Chelsea defence failed to deal with him. Chelsea then came close on the 69th minute as A.Cassano fired towards goal but B.Foster again saved well. Six minutes later I made another change as M.Owen was replaced by F.Macheda. On the 78th minute though Chelsea grabbed the equaliser as A.Cassano fired past B.Foster after intercepting a loose ball by M.Carrick. There joy though didn’t last long as on the 83rd minute W.Rooney headed in the winner from a cross by A.Valencia.

Manchester United 2 W.Rooney 5, 83

Chelsea 1 A.Cassano 78

Manchester United: B.Foster, W.Brown, P.Evra, R.Ferdinand, C.Smalling, A.Young, Z.Tosic (45-R.Giggs), D.Fletcher (45-M.Carrick), A.Valencia, M.Owen (75-F.Macheda), W.Rooney

Chelsea: P.Cech, J.Bosingwa, B.Ivanovic, J.Terry, R.Carvalho, J.Obi Mikel (89-Alex), M.Essien, F.Lampard, M.Ballack (84-J.Cole), A.Cassano, D.Drogba (79-V.Iaquinta)

Attendance: 90,000

August 15th: Manchester United v Manchester City; Premier League (1/38)

We started well again as we kept the ball away from the City players and on the 17th minute we went into the lead as W.Rooney ran into the area and fired past the City keeper with ease. Four minutes later we doubled our lead as M.Owen grabbed his first goal for the club with a well struck effort which gave the City keeper no chance of saving. After the second goal City seemed to wake up and on the 28th minute they pulled a goal back with C.Tevez of all people firing past B.Foster.

The second half started well for us as on the 54th minute City were reduced to ten men after K.Toure was sent off for an elbow on M.Owen. This killed the game as City sat back and never really threatened on the attack.

Manchester United 2 W.Rooney 17, M.Owen 21

Manchester City 1 C.Tevez 28, (K.Toure sent off 54)

I will try my best to keep the results good, Ive got enough grief coming from two other members :D

August 19th: Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers; Premier League (2/38)

We were the better team throughout and on the 18th minute we had the first chance as M.Owen ran onto an A.Young throughball but his effort went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score as M.Owen again came close with a rasping effort which was well saved by the Bolton keeper. We were in complete control of the game and on the 43rd minute we came close as W.Rooney tried his luck from distance but again the Bolton keeper came to his teams rescue.

The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward but we just couldn’t grab the killer goal. Even when I changed to a 4-3-3 attacking formation we failed to score and had to settle with a 0-0 draw when we deserved a lot more

Manchester United 0

Bolton Wanderers 0

August 22nd: Birmingham City v Manchester United; Premier League (3/38)

We began brightly and on the 12th minute we had the first chance of the game as M.Owen ran into the area and fired towards goal but his effort was well saved by the keeper. On the 19th minute City had the next chance as a long ball over the top wasn’t dealt with by my defence but B.Foster was on hand to block the effort. Seven minutes later we had another chance as W.Rooney tried his luck from the edge of the area but his effort wouldn’t dip enough and went just over the crossbar. On the 38th minute the first goal was scored as C.Benitez beat W.Brown to the ball and fired it into the net past B.Foster.

The second half was only five minutes old when we grabbed the equaliser as R.Giggs jinked his way in from the wing to dispatch a wicked shot past the City keeper. We were beginning to control the game and just after the hour we grabbed the winning goal as D.Berbatov ran onto a pass by R.Giggs to fire in a curling effort. Birmingham weren’t getting to the ball quick enough as we controlled most of the play.

Birmingham City 1 C.Benitez 38

Manchester United 2 R.Giggs 50, D.Berbatov 63

August 24th: Injury news sees R.Ferdinand out of action for between 7-10 days with a strained wrist.

August 27th: The draw for the Champions League Group stage has seen my Manchester United seeded as one of the top teams, we have been drawn in Group F with Rangers (SCO), Dinamo Kiev (UKR), Wolfsburg (GER)

August 28th: The draw for the League Cup 3rd Round has seen my side pitted away to Arsenal. Other news sees me selling midfielder Michael Carrick to rivals Chelsea for £11,500,000

Will be following this story, not sure about some of your transfer business though mate, selling Carrick....to Chelsea, what are you thinking? Nani and also Anderson going, explain yourself. lol

Good wins over Chelsea and then City and Birmingham, sounds like you were unlucky with the Bolton result but at least you didnt lose.

craig - I got rid of thos players because in truth I dont particalarly like them, there the first players I always sell when I do a United save or if there in a team I join....

PKing - I wouldnt expect anything else from memeber in this forum if I dont do well with United

August 29th: Portsmouth v Manchester United: Premier League (4/38)

We didn’t start well as we struggled to get more than a couple of passes together and it was Portsmouth who had the first real chance of the game but B.Foster saved well from the thunderous effort. On the 23rd minute we had lour first chance as D.Berbatov played a one two with W.Rooney but his effort curled the wrong side of the upright. Just before the break Portsmouth had the chance to take the lead as a long range effort beat B.Foster but not the crossbar.

The second half was alittle better as my half time rollicking seemed to work as we started to play the beautiful game and on the 59th minute we had the first chance as A.Valencia crossed into the area but D.Welbeck fluffed his volleyed and fell on his ass with the ball bobbling out for a throw in. On the 70th minute we finally grabbed the goal we needed as W.Rooney barged his way into the area and fired past the keeper to send the few United fans wild. With a few minutes remaining on the clock Portsmouth had the chance to equalise but the move was thwarted before by C.Smalling before they had the chance to shoot

Portsmouth 0

Manchester United 1 W.Rooney 70

After the game I announced to the press that young prospect R.De Laet will be joining Ipswich Town for £1,300,000

August 31st: Transfer news sees us sign Italian midfielder Daniele De Rossi for a fee of £46,000,000 from AS Roma, he is a 26yr old DM/MC

September 1st: I have been awarded the manger of the Month Award for August after only dropping two points

September 9th: Injury news sees R.Ferdinand out of action for three weeks with a pulled hamstring whilst on International duty with England

September 12th: Manchester United v West Ham United: Premier League (5/38)

West Ham started the better and on the 17th minute they came close to grabbing the first goal but B.Foster saved well from the daisy cutter. Six minutes later we had our first chance as M.Owen ran onto a A.Young throughball but his effort was rushed and the ball went wide of the post. On the 43rd minute we had another chance as R.Giggs came close with a curling effort from the edge of the area but it wouldn’t curl enough and went wide of the post.

The second half was only eight minutes old when we finally grabbed the lead as M.Owen was brought down in the area after running in unmarked, A.Young stepped up for the penalty and fired the ball to the left of the keeper. On the 69th minute West Ham had the chance to fire in the equaliser after some poor defending by J.Evans saw there attacker one on one with B.Foster but my keeper stood firm and saved well from the effort. On the 84th minute we had yet another chance to kill the game off as M.Owen again ran into the area but his shot was again well saved.

Manchester United 1 A.Young 53 pen

West Ham United 0

September 16th; Manchester United v Wolfsburg: Champions Cup Group Stage (1/6)

We started well in my first European tie and on the 9th minute we went into the lead as M.Owen showed his pace to beat the German defence and fire pat the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with A.Young trying his luck from 25 yards but his effort was well saved by the keeper. On the 39th minute Wolfsburg had the chance to fire in the equaliser as my defence again failed to deal with a simple ball but luckily for them B.Foster was on hand to block the effort.

The second half was nine minutes old when we had the next chance to score as A.Valencia fired in a speculative effort from just outside the area but the German keeper saved well. On the 61st minute we were reduced to ten men after P.Evra picked up a second yellow card. Three minutes later though we grabbed a second goal as M.Owen ran into the area and rounded the keeper to slot into an empty net. However on the 66th minute we conceded a goal as Z.Misimovic ran past G.Neville with ease and fire past B.Foster. Wolfsburg started to press forward more and on the 75th minute we came close to losing another goal as my defence failed again to deal with a simple effort but again we had B.Foster to thank for saving the day with a great block.

Manchester United 2 M.Owen 9, 64 (P.Evra sent off 61)

Wolfsburg 1 Z.Misimovic 66

Owens upfront with Rooney but I have him attacking the goal more that Rooney

September 19th: Fulham v Manchester United: Premier League (6/38)

We were the better team in the first half as we piled forward and on the 17th minute we had the chance to take the lead but M.Owen fluffed his chance when he really should of scored. On the 29th minute we had another chance with M.Owen feeding the ball to the feet of W.Rooney who somehow managed to fire wide. Just before the break Fulham had the first chance but like us they were wasteful and he ball went over the cross bar from close range.

The second half wasn’t much better as we kept on missing chance after chance and on the 74th minute we were punished as Fulham took the lead with a simple effort from six yards after my defence failed to notice B.Zamora running into the area. On the 88th minute we should of grabbed the equaliser but yet again we were wasteful in front of goal and we ended up losing my first game

Fulham 1 B.Zamora 74

Manchester United 0

On the previous versions of the game for me it used to be always Reading, but now I cant seem to win Fulham

September 22nd: Arsenal v Manchester United: League Cup 3rd Round

We started well and on the 12th minute we had the chance to take the lead as P.Evra ran down the wing and crossed in for D.Berbatov who managed to head the ball wide of the post. Nine minutes later Arsenal had the chance to score as there attack passed there way through my defence to fire towards goal but my keeper saved well. On the 34th minute we had another chance as F.Macheda headed just wide of the post after a cross by D.Fletcher.

The second half started with Arsenal coming close after a slip by C.Smalling saw there attack pile into the area but G.Neville saved the day with a crunching effort inside the penalty area. On the 69th minute we had our next chance as P.Scholes tried his luck from outside the area but the Arsenal keeper was alert enough to save the effort. Deep into injury time the winning goal was finally scored as a cross by A.Young was volleyed into the net by F.Macheda to send us through to the next round of the cup

Arsenal 0

Manchester United 1 F.Macheda 90+3

September 25th: The draw for the League Cup 4th Round sees us pitted at home against Chelsea

Hopefully the form will get alot better, we seem to be struggling up fornt at the momeny but I have no doubt in my mind that the team will come good for me

September 26th; Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur: Premier League (7/38)

We got off to a flying start as on the 2nd minute we went into the lead as A.Young curled in a brilliant effort. A minute later we went a further goal as F.Macheda used his pace to beat the Spurs defence and fire past there keeper. On the 19th minute Spurs had there next chance as a long ball over the tip was volleyed towards goal but B.Foster was alert enough to save well. Just before the break we had another chance as W.Rooney came close from outside the are but the crossbar got in the way and kept the scoreline respectable.

The second half started with a bang as within a minute Spurs had the chance to pull a goal back after a poor tackle in the area by J.Evans gave Spurs a penalty, R.Keane stepped up for the kick and fired past B.Foster with ease. However after the penalty we began to up the gears and never really gave Spurs a chance to get hold of the ball. With seven minutes remaining we grabbed a further goal as ex Spurs player D.Berbatov ran onto an A.Young pass and fire past the keeper to give us all three points

Manchester United 3 A.Young 2, F.Macheda 3, D.Berbatov 83

Tottenham Hotspur 1 R.Keane 46 pen

September 29th: Rangers v Manchester United: Champions League Group F (2/6)

We seemed to struggle to get going and Rangers took advantage by piling on the pressure. On the 13th minute they had the first chance with a well worked move which saw there striker firing towards goal but luckily for us B.Foster was alert enough to save the shot. On the 26th minute though he stood no chance with Rangers opening goal as K.Boyd unleashed a thunderous effort from just outside the area to give them lead. The goal though seemed to give my team the kick up the ass they needed and with two minutes remaining in the half we grabbed the equaliser as J.Evans headed home from an A.Valencia cross.

The second half saw my players up a couple of gears as we began to dominate the game and on the hour we took the lead as M.Owen fired past the keeper after running onto a P.Ji-Sung pass. On the 78th minute we had another chance to score as A.Young curled in a great shot which beat the keeper but the upright. With the minutes ticking away Rangers had the chance to grab an equaliser but a brave tackle in the area by C.Smalling saw there striker denied

Rangers 1 K.Boyd 26

Manchester United 2 J.Evans 43, M.Owen 60

October 3rd: Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United: Premier League (8/38)

We didn’t seem to turn up in the first half as Blackburn controlled much of the play. However it took them till just after the half to take the lead as J.Roberts fired past B.Foster from just inside the area. Just before the break they had another chance but B.Foster saved well after some woeful defending.

The second half was five minutes old when Blackburn doubled there lead as El-Hadj Diouf fired past B.Foster from close range after the keeper flapped at what should have been an easy corner. However on the 55th minute we pulled a goal back as D.Fletcher unleashed a powerful effort from the edge of the area to give the Rovers keeper no chance of saving. On the 69th minute Blackburn had another chance to increase there lead but B.Foster again saved well. With ten minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the equaliser as F.Macheda outpaced the Blackburn defence to fire past the keeper. In truth though we didn’t deserve anything from the game and I let the players know I was far from pleased with the performance

Blackburn Rovers 2 J.Roberts 34, El-Hadj Diouf 50

Manchester United 2 D.Fletcher 55, F.Macheda 80

October 8th: Transfer news sees D.Berbatov joining Roma on 2nd January 2010 after agreeing an £8,250,000 deal

October 10th: Injury news sees W.Rooney out of action for around three weeks after fracturing his arm on International duty

October 17th: Manchester United v Everton: Premier League (9/38)

We started well and on the 7th minute we came close to grabbing the lead as A.Young ran into the area and fired towards goal but his effort was well saved by the keeper. On the 19th minute we had another chance as D.Welbeck headed just wide of the post from a R.Giggs cross. However on the 27th minute we went a goal down as T.Cahill jinked his way through my defence to slot the ball past B.Foster.

The second half was a lot better for us and on the 48th minute we grabbed the equaliser as half time substitute F.Macheda fired past the Everton keeper after running unmarked into the area. Just after the hour we took the lead as M.Owen was brought down in the area for a penalty, F.Macheda stepped up and fired the ball to the left of the keeper. We were now controlling the game and on the 87th minute we killed the game off as F.Macheda completed his hat trick after we were awarded another penalty and he converted

Manchester United 3 F.Macheda 48, 61 pen, 87 pen

Everton 1 T.Cahill 27

Macheda is doing good for us, I'm mainly using him as a super sub at the moment

October 20th: Manchester United v Dinamo Kiev: Champions League Group F (3/6)

We started brightly and on the 21st minute we went into the lead as D.Welbeck showed his pace to beat his marker and fire past the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance as M.Owen rifled towards goal but his shot was well saved by the keeper. It was becoming too easy as the Kiev side struggled to deal with my team.

The second half was three minutes old when we went further into the lead as M.Owen ran through the Kiev defence to fire into the net. We were looking good for our lead and on the hour we made it 3-0 as A.Young rounded the keeper to slot home into an open net. Kiev were being well and truly beaten and on the 87th minute we made it 4-0 as A.Young headed in from a R.Giggs cross to wrap up a convincing performance

Manchester United 4 D.Welbeck 21, M.Owen 48, A.Young 60, 87

Dinamo Kiev 0

October 24th: Wigan Athletic v Manchester United: Premier League (10/38)

We again started well and on the 14th minute we went a goal up as M.Owen fired in from close range after the Wigan keeper failed to deal with his run. On the half hour we had another chance as R.Giggs crossed in for M.Owen to nod towards goal but his effort was well saved by the Wigan keeper.

The second half again saw us dominating and on the 65th minute we came close to grabbing another goal but D.Welbeck fired wide of the post. Seven minutes later we again came close as M.Owen headed straight into the keepers arms when he really should of scored. Our failure to score cost us as with a minute remaining we conceded the equaliser as J.Gomez fired past B.Foster who didn’t seem alert enough to save.

Wigan Athletic 1 J.Gomez 89

Manchester United 1 M.Owen 14

Premier League: 10 Games in

| Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Arsenal     |       | 10    | 7     | 3     | 0     | 21    | 8     | +13   | 24    | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 2nd   |       | MAN UTD     |       | 10    | 6     | 3     | 1     | 15    | 8     | +7    | 21    |[/b] 
| 3rd   |       | Liverpool   |       | 10    | 5     | 4     | 1     | 15    | 7     | +8    | 19    | 
| 4th   |       | Chelsea     |       | 10    | 5     | 4     | 1     | 13    | 7     | +6    | 19    | 
| 5th   |       | Everton     |       | 7     | 5     | 1     | 1     | 14    | 7     | +7    | 16    | 
| 6th   |       | Stoke       |       | 10    | 5     | 1     | 4     | 13    | 16    | -3    | 16    | 
| 7th   |       | Sunderland  |       | 8     | 4     | 3     | 1     | 10    | 5     | +5    | 15    | 
| 8th   |       | West Ham    |       | 9     | 4     | 2     | 3     | 13    | 7     | +6    | 14    | 
| 9th   |       | Birmingham  |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 17    | 15    | +2    | 14    | 
| 10th  |       | Fulham      |       | 10    | 4     | 2     | 4     | 13    | 15    | -2    | 14    | 
| 11th  |       | Man City    |       | 9     | 4     | 1     | 4     | 12    | 11    | +1    | 13    | 
| 12th  |       | Aston Villa |       | 7     | 3     | 3     | 1     | 10    | 6     | +4    | 12    | 
| 13th  |       | Tottenham   |       | 9     | 3     | 2     | 4     | 11    | 12    | -1    | 11    | 
| 14th  |       | Blackburn   |       | 10    | 3     | 2     | 5     | 8     | 14    | -6    | 11    | 
| 15th  |       | Wigan       |       | 10    | 2     | 4     | 4     | 9     | 11    | -2    | 10    | 
| 16th  |       | Wolves      |       | 10    | 2     | 4     | 4     | 12    | 15    | -3    | 10    | 
| 17th  |       | Portsmouth  |       | 10    | 1     | 4     | 5     | 9     | 16    | -7    | 7     | 
| 18th  |       | Bolton      |       | 10    | 0     | 6     | 4     | 3     | 8     | -5    | 6     | 
| 19th  |       | Hull        |       | 9     | 0     | 2     | 7     | 6     | 18    | -12   | 2     | 
| 20th  |       | Burnley     |       | 10    | 0     | 1     | 9     | 7     | 25    | -18   | 1     | 

October 27th: Manchester United v Chelsea: League Cup 4th Round

Chelsea started the better and on the 13th minute they came close with a rasping effort which had B.Foster diving full stretch to save. Ten minutes later we had our first chance as M.Owen hit a powerful effort past the Chelsea keeper but the shot was always rising and went just over. Just before the break Chelsea had another chance but there final effort didn’t really worry B.Foster who watched it go wide.

Eight minutes into the second half we went a goal up as F.Macheda showed his pace to out run the Chelsea defence and fire past there keeper much to the delight of the Old Trafford crowd. Just after the hour Chelsea had the chance to fire in the equaliser after they beat my defence but the final shot was easily saved by B.Foster. With nine minutes remaining on the clock we went two goals up as M.Owen fired in a powerful effort from the edge of the area to send us through to the next round.

Manchester United 2 F.Macheda 53, M.Owen 81

Chelsea 0

October 30th: The draw for the League Cup ¼ Final has seen my team drawn away to Stoke City

October 31st: Manchester United v Aston Villa: Premier League (11/38)

We started well and on the 9th minute we went into the lead as F.Macheda ran into the area and fired past the keeper who stood no chance with the effort. On the 21st minute we had another chance as D.De Rossi fired in a powerful effort from the edge of the area but his effort was well saved by the Villa keeper. Just before the break we had another chance with F.Macheda again coming close but his shot went wide of the post.

The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the hour we grabbed another goal as M.Owen headed into the goal but his effort was ruled out for a foul on the keeper. On the 73rd minute we finally grabbed another goal as D.Fletcher jinked his way into the area and fired past the keeper to send the Old Trafford crowd wild

Manchester United 2 F.Macheda 9, D.Fletcher 73

Aston Villa 0

Macheda is as you say a beast, Might have to start using him more often than I am doing

November 4th: Dinamo Kiev v Manchester United: Champions League Group F (4/6)

We seemed to struggle to get going as Dinamo beat us to everything. On the 26th minute they had the chance to take the lead after a poor tackle by R.Ferdinand saw the Kiev side given a penalty, A.Milevskyi stepped up and fired past B.Foster with ease. Ten minutes later they were two goals up as P.Diakhate headed past my keeper after some woeful defending. However on the 38th minute we pulled a goal back as M.Owen fired in after running onto a D.Fletcher through ball. Two minutes later though Kiev regained there advantage as C.Lazar showed his pace to beat R.Ferdinand to the ball and fire past B.Foster.

The second half was a lot better for us as my players responded well to the few comments I made. On the 55th minute we pulled a goal back as M.Owen grabbed his second of the game with a fine effort from just outside the area. We were controlling the game and on the 74th minute we should of grabbed the equaliser as F.Macheda fired just wide of the post after beating the Kiev defence to the ball. Deep into injury time we finally grabbed the equaliser as R.Ferdinand headed in a R.Giggs corner to make amends for the poor performance during the rest of the game

Dinamo Kiev 3 A.Milevskyi 26 pen, P.Diakhate 36, C.Lazar 40

Manchester United 3 M.Owen 38, 55, R.Ferdinand 90+1

November 7th: Sunderland v Manchester United: Premier League (12/38)

We were the better team by far and on the 10th minute we took the lead as W.Rooney fired past the keeper but his effort was ruled out for a foul in the build up. Nine minutes later though we had the chance to score as M.Owen was brought down in the area for a penalty, D.De Rossi stepped up for the kick and fired past the Sunderland keeper with ease. Just after the half hour we had another chance as M.Owen ran onto a A.Young throughball to fire towards goal but his effort was well saved by the Sunderland keeper.

The second half was again mainly us as we continued to pile forward and on the hour we should of grabbed a further goal but A.Valencia somehow managed to fire wide of the post. On the 71st minute we managed to double our lead as W.Rooney finally got on the score sheet with a thunderous effort which gave the Sunderland keeper no chance of saving. Late in the game though Sunderland managed to pull a goal back with D.Bent firing in past B.Foster but it was too little too late and we grabbed another three points.

Sunderland 1 D.Bent 90

Manchester United 2 D.De Rossi 19 pen, W.Rooney 71

November 11th: Transfer news sees W.Brown joining Aston Villa for £6,250,000, he will join his new team on January 1st 2010

November 13th: More transfer news sees Z.Tosic joining Bordeaux for £4,000,000 and O.Hargreaves rejoining B.Munich for £5,750,000. Both players will join there new teams on January 1st 2010.

Other news sees G.Neville out of action for around a month after straining his back in training

November 17th: More injury news sees D.Welbeck out of action for around two weeks after damaging his elbow during training

True but needs must and I already have a few players I want to bring in, if the board will let me

November 21st: Hull City v Manchester United: Premier League (13/38)

We again controlled much of the game and on the 13th minute we came close to grabbing the lead as M.Owen fired in from the edge of the area but his shot was well saved by the Hull keeper. Twelve minutes later we were given the chance of another goal as P.Evras jinking run was brought to an abrupt halt in the area by the Hull defence for a penalty. P.Evra had to be replaced, F.Macheda stepped up for the penalty and fired it hard and left of the keeper to give us the lead. On the 31st minute though we had to replace M.Owen after he suddenly pulled up during a sprint on goal.

The second half was much the same as we continued to press forward and on the hour we grabbed a second goal as P.Ji-Sung rifled home past the Hull keeper from outside the area. Hull were getting nothing of the ball and on the 79th minute we should of killed the game off but F.Macheda somehow missed a guilt edge chance.

Hull City 0

Manchester United 2 F.Macheda 26 pen, P.Ji-Sung 60

After the game I was informed by my physio that P.Evra will be out of action for around 9-11 days after straining his thigh, but the bad news is that M.Owen will be out of action for around 2-3 months after tearing his hamstring.

November 24th: Wolfsburg v Manchester United: Champions League Group F (5/6)

Wolfsburg got off to a flying start as within five minutes they were in the lead as Z.Misimovic fired past B.Foster with ease after some woeful defending. On the 19th minute it got even worse as Z.Misimovic again grabbed a goal yet more woeful defending. Wolfsburg were in control of the game but just after the half hour we grabbed a goal back as F.Macheda rifled in after a great pass by G.Obertan was slotted home. However deep into injury time I was forced into a change after G.Obertan picked up an injury from a poor tackle by the Wolfsburg defence. Before the half time break we were reduced to ten men after N.Vidic was sent off for a professional foul on the Wolfsburg attack.

The second half was much the same as Wolfsburg continued to pile forward and on the 70th minute they grabbed a further goal as Z.Misimovic grabbed his hat trick and the match ball. We just weren’t with it at all in the game and deserved everything we got.

Wolfsburg 3 Z.Misimovic 5, 19, 70

Manchester United 1 F.Macheda 32

After the game the physio let me know that G.Obertan will be out of action for around 2-3 weeks after straining his groin.

Despite the poor performance we still managed to qualify for the 1st Knockout Round

November 28th: Manchester United v Wolverhampton Wanderers: Premier League (14/38)

After the poor performance against Wolfsburg I told the players I wanted a much better performance and they did just that as we controlled much of the game. On the 20th minute we opened the scoring as F.Macheda ran into the area and fired past the Wolves keeper. Six minutes later we doubled our lead as W.Rooney thundered in a great effort from the edge of the area to send the Old Trafford crowd wild.

The second half was much the same as we continue the pressure and on the 59th minute we had another chance as P.Ji-Sung crossed in for A.Young who volleyed towards goal but the Wolves keeper saved well. On the 77th minute we went three goals up as D.De Rossi showed his skill to beat the defence and fire past the keeper. Three minutes later we went further into the lead as C.Smalling rose highest to nod home an A.Young cross to notch his first goal for the club

Manchester United 4 F.Macheda 20, W.Rooney 26, D.De Rossi 77, C.Smalling 80

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0

November 30th: The draw for the FA Cup 3rd Round has seen my side pitted away to Ipswich Town

December 1st: Stoke City v Manchester United: League Cup ¼ Final

We started the better and on the 5th minute we went into the lead as D.Fletcher fired in a wonderful effort from the edge of the area to silence the Stoke crowd. Six minutes later we made it 2-0 as P.Ji-Sung rifled in from inside the area. We were controlling the game with ease and on the 23rd minute W.Rooney headed home from close range after R.Giggs whipped in a powerful corner. It was becoming too easy but just after the half hour my defence slipped up and Tuncay managed to break clear and fire past B.Foster.

The second half was much the same but on the 58th minute we fluffed in defence again as Tuncay headed past B.Foster who flapped at the cross. My players though decided to up the gears and on the 70th minute went further ahead after J.Evans crossed screwed off his foot and into the back of the net for a complete fluke of a goal. With seven minutes remaining in the game we wrapped it up as F.Macheda volleyed the ball past the Stoke keeper from an A.Young cross

Stoke City 2 Tuncay 34, 58

Manchester United 5 D.Fletcher 5, P.Ji-Sung 11, W.Rooney 23, J.Evans 70, F.Macheda 83

After the game I was informed by UEFA that N.Vidic will have to serve an extra two match after his sending off against Wolfsburg. However I received some good news for me as I was handed the Manager of the Month Award for November

December 4th: The draw for the League Cup Semi Final has seen us pitted against rivals Liverpool, the first leg will be held at Old Trafford

December 5th: Stoke City v Manchester United: Premier League (15/38)

We now faced Stoke in the League and we again started well and on the 21st minute we came close to grabbing the lead as W.Rooney volleyed a powerful effort towards goal but the Stoke keeper saved well. On the half hour we had another chance as D.Fletcher tested the keeper from edge of the area but again the Stoke keeper saved well. On the 37th minute we finally got the lead we deserved as P.Ji-Sung fired past the Stoke keeper from inside the area. It got even better as four minutes later we fired in another goal as P.Scholes hit a thunderous effort past the keeper.

The second half was alittle quieter as we kept the ball away from the Stoke players and on the hour we had our only real chance as W.Rooney fired past the keeper but the ball rattled the upright. On the 70th minute though we gave Stoke a chance to get back into the game as C.Smalling fouled the Stoke attack in the area for a penalty, D.Higginbotham stepped up for he kick and sent B.Foster the wrong way. However after the goal Stoke failed to pressurise my team and we grabbed ourselves another three points.

Stoke City 1 D.Higginbotham 70 pen

Manchester United 2 P.Ji-Sung 37, P.Scholes 41

• 2 weeks later...

F.Macheda is turning into a bit of legend in my save, hopefully he will carry on

December 9th: Manchester United v Rangers: Champions League Group F (6/6)

The first half was dire in truth as my team didn’t even bother to attack. Luckily for us Rangers were just as bad and the half dragged by. The second half was much the same but on the 71st minute we had the chance to grab the lead as A.Valencia was brought down in the area for a penalty, A.Young stepped up for the kick and fired towards goal but the Rangers keeper tipped the ball round the post. Twelve minutes later though we did grab the lead as W.Rooney volleyed home an A.Young cross to beat the Rangers keeper. On the 87th minute though we conceded a silly equaliser as K.Miller fired past B.Foster to give Rangers a share of the points.

Manchester United 1 W.Rooney 83

Rangers 1 K.Miller 87

European Cup Group F: Final Table

| Pos   | Inf   | Team        |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
[b]| 1st   | Q     | MAN UTD     |       | 6     | 3     | 2     | 1     | 13    | 9     | +4    | 11    | [/b]
| 2nd   | Q     | Wolfsburg   |       | 6     | 3     | 0     | 3     | 9     | 6     | +3    | 9     | 
| 3rd   |       | Dinamo Kiev |       | 6     | 2     | 2     | 2     | 7     | 12    | -5    | 8     | 
| 4th   |       | Rangers     |       | 6     | 1     | 2     | 3     | 4     | 6     | -2    | 5     | 

December 12th; Arsenal v Manchester United; Premier league (16/38)

We started well and on the 12th minute we had our first chance as W.Rooney headed wide of the post from a R.Giggs cross. Ten minutes later we had another chance with W.Rooney again coming close with a rasping effort but yet again his effort was wide of the post. Arsenal weren’t getting anything of the ball and on the 37th minute we came close again with A.Valencia firing wide of the post when he should of really done better.

The second half was pretty much the same as we continued to dominate the game and on the 68th minute F.Macheda came close with a powerful effort which beat the Arsenal keeper but not the upright and the ball went out. We had one final effort during the game as P.Evra crossed in for A.Young to head into the keepers arms

Arsenal 0

Manchester United 0

December 16th; Manchester United v Chelsea; Premier League (17/38)

The game in truth was very tight as expected and we only had the one chance in the first half as F.Macheda fired straight to the keepers arms. The second half was much the same with little in the way of attacking play. However deep into injury time the winning goal was scored as W.Rooney fired in from the edge of the area to give us all three points

Manchester United 1 W.Rooney 90+1

Chelsea 0

December 18th: The draw for the Champions League 1st Knockout Round has taken place and is as follows;-

Liverpool v AC.Milan

Juventus v Chelsea

INTER MILAN v MANCHESTER UNITED

Arsenal v Sevilla

Fiorentina v Real Madrid

Porto v At.Madrid

Wolfsburg v Barcelona

AZ v CSKA Moscow

December 19th: Manchester United v Burnley: Premier League (18/38)

We again controlled much of the game and on the 17th minute we went into the lead as R.Giggs ran into the area and fire past the keeper but his goal was ruled out for a barge on the defender. On the 34th minute we had another chance as W.Rooney ran from deep to fire towards goal but the Burnley keeper was on hand to save the effort. With four minutes remaining in the half we had the chance to take the lead as R.Giggs was hauled don in the area for a penalty, P.Ji-Sung stepped up for he penalty and fired the ball past the keeper.

The second half saw us continue from the first as we kept the ball away from the Burnley team, however it took us till the 77th minute to grab the killer goal as W.Rooney headed home from the six yard box from a R.Giggs cross. Burnley offered us little during the game and on the stroke of full time we came close to grabbing another goal but A.Young’s effort went wide of the post

Manchester United 2 P.Ji-Sung 41 pen, W.Rooney 77

Burnley 0

Archived