Emulating exactly Spain during the WC

Being a fan of total football, I have been been trying to play possession football for a while, but have struggled with many formations. Being 'desperate' i turned to a briefly tried with Spain WC formation. I decided to try it again. And after the first game, it looks like it (hopefully) is working. I am playing the exact squad they play with apart from replacements. Anyway, this is the formation I am emulating: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/06/26/spain-2-1-chile-tactics/ as this is an average position map so shows their average position during the match so it is extremely accurate. My first match was Macedonia (as i don't have screenshots I'll have to say myself for now) I won 2-0 away, had 17 shots, 5 on target, 7 off target, 5 blocked shots, 1 woodwork, 1 clearcut chance, 11 long shots, 75% possession (without messing with set pieces i.e playing short and not oppo instructions or defence much which would increase this by 3-5% ish), 88% pass completion. Xavi i try to make the main passer in the team as irl, and he came off after 80mins after making 87 passes, completing 82, with 1 key pass, and then fabregas replaced, him, and he made a frther 7 passes, completing 4. The team as a whole made 574 passes, and that was with take a breather and a slower tempo because we took the lead early on. I am very pleased with these results, especially as they literally did a switzerland but worse, played a 4 4 1 1, with their furthest play 5-10 yards inside their half max. with 9 players in and around their box, and Pandv 30-35 yards out or so, therefore cutting the supply off, and making it hard to complete a pass in and around the box and making it hard to get the ball through aswell, hense only 2-0. On the flipside of that though, they had 3 shots, 2 on target, both long shots, and they had 1 ling shot, so I came knowhere near conceding. I will tell anyone who is interested the details as I interested to see if it is consitent at all levels etc. Can I also know how to do screenshots, thank you.

Note that I chop and change depending on how the game is going i.e a player isn't getting the ball, i change his role, the player isn't going to the wing, I change wing play etc. GK-Sweeper Keeper-Defend, RB-Wing Back-Attack LB-Full Back-Attack CB(Right) Ball Playing Defender-Defend CB(Left) Central Defender-Cover CDM(Right) Defensive Midfielder-Defend Anchor Man-Defend AMC(Right) Advanced Playmaker-Support AMC(Centre-this is your playmaker) Advanced Playmaker-Support AMC-(Left) Inside Forward-Support ST-Complete Forward-Support. They are the player roles, more to come soon.

Philosophy: Balanced Starting Strategy: Control Passing Stlye: Shorter Creative Freedom: More disciplined Closing Down: Press more Tackling: More aggressive Marking: Man Marking Crossing: Drill crosses Roaming: More roaming Primary playmaker: Xavi(or whoever your AMC-Centre is) Target Man Xavi Supply Feet. Defensive Line: 13/19 Width 10/19 Tempo 11/19 Time Wasting leave as it is. Focus Passing Mixed Counter Attack Yes Play Offside Yes. Set Pieces all short. Player instructions to come, then oppo, then touchline.

GK: Mentality-Leave CF-0 PS-2 CD-Leave T-Leave RFD-Leave RWB-Leave LS-Leave TTB-Never CB-Never CF-Leave CA-Leave WP-Leave RFP-Leave HUP-No. RB: Mentality Leave CF-4 PS-3 CD-Leave T-Leave RFD-Sometimes RWB-Rarely LS-Rarely TTB-Rarely CB-Sometimes CF-Mixed CA-Mixed WP-Normal M-Leave TM-Yes RFP-Yes HUP-Yes LB: Exactly the same as the RB apart from, CF-3, PS-2. More to come.

CB-BPD-D: M-Leave CF-3 PS-4 CD-Leave T-Leave RFD-Rarely RWB-Rarely LS-Rrely TTB-Rarely Next 6 options leave, RFP-Yes HUP-No CB-CD-C: Exactly the same as the other CB apart from CF-0 PS-0. More to come

This thread confuses me....you just seem to be making a mess of presenting your information and putting it across really badly. If I was you, I'd have took my time and made it easy to read and understand. I'd have looked at how some of the other tactic threads are presented and done it a simliar style to them. If something is hard to read or follow, then people won't participate :(

CDM-AM-D: M-Leave CF-3 PS-2 *****from now on instead of putting leave I will just leave out the option all together***** T-Hard Other CDM-DM-D: Exactly the same as the other DM apart from: CF-11 PS-6 T-Medium TTB-Sometimes. More to come.

AMC(Centre)-AP-S-(Playmaker): CF:15 PS:8 RWB-Rarely LS-Rarely TTB-Often CB-Rarely RFP-Yes Other AMC(Left)-IF-S: Exactly the same as AMC Centre apart from: CF:13 PS:5 RWB-Sometimes CA-Mix WP-Hug Touchline Third AMC-AP-S, exactly the same as the previous AMC-IF-S, apart from: PS-7 CF-14

Regarding confusing it's as best I can do without screenshots, all this is is individual player instructions, plus it doesn't matter if it is exact. ST-CF-S: CF-13 PS-4 RWB-Someimes TTB-Sometimes CB-Rarely WP-Normal. Finally, oppo instructions are close down everyone, weak foot everyone. Everyone apart from the GK and CB's are man marked also. Touchline instructions are Retain Possession, Pass to feet, Work Ball into box, Push Higher up, Hassle Opponents, Get Stuck in.

Archived