Players in decline before they hit 30

I have a player (Adriano) and he's in decline. I have him on a custom schedule to keep him happy with the workload but he's attributes have been dropping for the past 6 months to a year and he's not even 30 yet. Anyone have suggestions on how I should deal with this or do I just have to accept it

Age is a massive factor in my game.

In my opinion, Strikers and forwards are the most likely to decline the earliest. I won't sign a forward over the age of 28 unless I'm desperate or the player is a class above what I have in my squad already. I look to replace any forward who is 29+

Obviously Keepers and defenders can still be godlike well into their 30's. But they need good natural fitness.

Natural Fitness and Professionalism are equal factors in player decline.

Adriano (the Brazilian Striker I presume) has low values in these attributes.

Correct. It depends on the player's personality when he will start to decline.

Adriano is a prime example here. Just look at how fat he grew and how much he drinks. His rl manager will probably not be able to turn him around either.

In essence, you cannot do anything about it really other than trying to influence the personalities of your players while they are young by assigning them tutors with a professional personaility.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to whether a player is happy with training work load or not. As long as your team keep performing well and the morale is high, then that's all that matters. Once the player hits 30 or 31 or 32, depending their professionalism and natural fitness, you'll need to adjust his schedule in order to slow down the deterioration of his physical stats. Meaning he'll need more aerobic and strength training. The training for tactics can be lowered because he'll improve in those areas almost naturally, mainly due to his age and experience.

Archived