Lower league management fitness and training

Hi all, I am having trouble with keeping my players fit through out games. They start most games at about an average of about 94. Then 20 minutes the assistant manager states that some of them are looking exhausted.

I dont know if it is something I'm doing wrong in my training schedules. I usually give fitness training a couple days after the match, then back to normal goalkeeper/defence/midfield/attack training a couple days before the matych. I also include a small amount of fitness training.

Do I need to rest players from training at all?

I am currently at the top of the league, but I am now starting to slip up and cant keep up with the opposition attacks.

Also whe I look at the training screen, most of the attributes I am training players have down arrows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What kind of tempo and mentality are you playing in game? If the tempo is fast then this could be the reason, especially if the player's in ur side have low stamina and natural fitness. Or they could be covering too much ground which also makes them tired. Especially if you tend to use the same 11 when there fit. It can be very demanding especially once you've reached the half way stage.

I've started using a slow tempo, as the midfielders seem to be able to pass the ball better. I do have regular players in my squad who seem to get tired quicker. Do you think I need to rest tired players from training, or just reduce their workload? I al vary my mentality to suit the team I'm playing i.e, if it is a team that is a little better I use counter, if loads better I defend. Also if I am better than them I use control or loads better attack. Hardly ever use overload, unless I really need a goal.

Thanks

Archived