Retraining question

Hey i have a question for u training wizards to answer....

When a player becomes natural at a position does he stay natural when u take him off the position? Eg: I have a DM, MC who i have retrained to be natural at both, but i also want to train him as an AMC. So would he still be natural at both DM and MC or would MC go back to accomplished?

THX

Well he is kinda a utility midfielder. i use him in both MC and DM hence y i retrained him there natural. Due to having an older DM who cannot play full games, this guy comes on but he may play in MC depending on math situation and other subs.

Are you certain his new position is now "natural"? From what I understood, re-training could never lead to a player being natural in the new position, only "accomplished". Have I got this right or wrong?

With regard to whether his ability in that position will deteriorate over time, I think it depends on some hidden mental attributes - versatility is important IIRC.

• 8 months later...

Bump.

I really love to have versatile players in my squad and have gone about beginning to train one or two players (sixteen to be precise) to play in new positions. The key here is versatility mind, i'm not "retraining" per se, i would like them to be able to play in more than one position because their current attributes lend themselves to that new position already - rather than wanting to redistribute attributes - and in most cases i will want to still use the player in their current position as well.

Some examples.

- A natural AMC and ST; to train as an MC

- A natural DR, accomplished WBR, DL and WBL, competent DC and DM; to train as an MC

- A natural DR, accomplished WBR, competent DC, DL and WBL, unconvincing DM and MC and awkward (originally) ST; to retrain as an ST

- A natural DC and unconvincing (originally) SW; to train as an SW

- A natural DM, accomplished MC and unconvincing MR; to train as an DC

They are some of the more notable ones, others are like training an MR to AMR or to play on the opposite flank, or an ST to AMC or AMR/L.

Now, before i go ahead with this i'm wondering if there are any negative implications i should be worried about? Like, stats going down in places/attribute weighting and things like this. Are there side-effects i should be wary of?

Note, i'm playing FM10.

• 5 weeks later...
i'm wondering if there are any negative implications i should be worried about? Like, stats going down in places/attribute weighting and things like this. Are there side-effects i should be wary of?

This is exactly what I am currently interested in.

Does anyone know something about it?

Yes being able to play a position takes up CA which can go into attributes. Same with players being two footed having less overall attributes in comparison to one footed players with the same star rating. I do believe that there is a hidden attribute which governs how easy a player can learn new positions and stay fluent in them so when a player can already play in multiple positions that may mean he has a high score for this hidden attribute and it would then cost less CA to learn a new position. Still you have to make the choice between more all round players who can play multiple positions or slightly better players who can only play on one position. It's not going to be a huge difference tho so if it's really helpful to your side just go with it but if it's not necessary or beneficial to the player don't just do it anyway because you can.

Archived