The ball winning midfielder passes more than the deep lyign playmaker

I've tried lots of different settings, but Palacios passes way too much. I want my DLP (Hernanes) too be the main playmaker, because he's better at it and can pass around the through balls. Palacios is there to defend, not laying around short passes.

Help is appreciated!

I've tried lots of different settings, but Palacios passes way too much. I want my DLP (Hernanes) too be the main playmaker, because he's better at it and can pass around the through balls. Palacios is there to defend, not laying around short passes.

Help is appreciated!

The DLP has a very low Mentality which means he will take up very deep positions, which means he is unlikely to be in position to play throughballs past the defensive line to attacking runners but instead is supposed to deliver the ball from deep into more advanced areas.

Palacios as Ball Winning Midfielder will have generally have a higher Mentality for the same Duty, i.e Defence-Defence or Support-Support in your Centre means Palacios is the more advanced of the two and will often receive the ball from your DLP and play short passes from higher up the pitch.

You want Palacios to drop deeper than Hernanes, and by the sounds of things you also want Hernanes to be alot more advanced than he is. So you might want to consider Ball Winning Midfielder Defend, and then Advanced Playmaker Support or Attack for Hernanes.

Not often I disagree with you sFraser, but this time I do. I guess what he wants is that his team is seeking Hernanes instead of Palacios when it comes to passing and let Hernanes start the attacks from deep. I have the same problem. You should try to read cleon's post in the passing thread, even though I'm struggling with it too. The thing is that you need your team to seek the DLP. How is the passing from the defenders set-up? If they have direct passing they often just seek the players further up the pitch like the Ball Winning Midfielder. Also be sure that the DLP has mixed passing which makes him have more options to pass. I think this is more to do with the rest of the team then the actual settings of the Deep-lying playmaker. Hope someone has more input of this.

Context has a lot to do with this, and how the opposition are set up at any given moment will impact on who a pass goes to alongside your own tactics and player attributes. Uploading a couple of pkms might help people to get a better idea of what is going on.

Archived